Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

The magic inch

What science can tell us about sex.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
Oldbear
California King
California King

Re: The magic inch

Post by Oldbear »

Although we’ve never measured the distance between Mrs. Youngbear/Oldbear’s clitoris and her urethra, experience (lots of it) suggests it’s at or near the “magic inch.”  In our younger years, we often sought and achieved simultaneous Os via missionary PIV, quite easily. Her O came through my pelvic thrusting/movement against her clitoris.

As we’ve aged, our (hers, particularly) preferred technique is FIV (mine) as she deftly and skillfully stimulates her clitoris. Could we still do simultaneous O PIV at age 70?  Probably. It would take more time and energy; both of which we prefer to set aside to comfortably enjoy our intimacy.
Link+Zelda

Post by Link+Zelda »

@SC:

Won't go into our (limited) experience in this area but I do read a lot (and say that a lot too). The additional stimulation you're describing seems to be the reason that WOT+grinding is a common (if not most common) way women first achieve O during PIV. You've mentioned your feelings about WOT before, but it appears quite popular for this. Also, I've seen plenty of women write that O'ing with their husbands inside of them is far superior to doing it without, and I wonder if that's why it's so common for soloing women (both married and unmarried) to use a dildo simultaneously with clitoral stimulation.

As to the "type" of orgasm, I recommend looking at the 9-page diagram+description on Married Christian Sex linked here:

All About Female Orgasms (Safe Diagrams)

I believe what you're describing might be a "blended" orgasm, although maybe it's still just clitoral? I have tons of questions in this arena, as it's just now something we're working into, but trying to move things slowly and make sure to enjoy the successes and encounters we have without getting too technical.

-Scott
-Link+Zelda
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

On pg 2  of the diagrams, it says that "the clitoris is often involved in some fashion to achieve any other the types of orgasm".... yet those others aren't classified as "clitoris orgasms".  Yet, they also shared that some use a blending of orgasms,  where two types are used.  So what's the difference? Who knows, and I don't know if it really matters....but leaving things unanswered is kind of difficult for me ;)
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
Link+Zelda

Post by Link+Zelda »

I'm pretty sure I know less about female O's than just about anyone. I'm super curious, but pretty much all my knowledge is from reading, and who knows how reliable the reading is? Because I've not experienced it, I just have to take it on faith (i.e. I'm not convinced) that there really are multiple types of O. :mrgreen:
-Link+Zelda
PaulB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by PaulB »

WOT gives great stimulation. It also puts the woman in control, which can only help her.
Happily married for 36 years and living the good life near two of our grandsons!

Marriage and Sex Educator & Blogger
The Generous HusbandThe XY Code
DoveGrey
California King
California King

Post by DoveGrey »

2 inches here. So that explains a lot. But I will say, I still achieve "vaginal" O if there has been enough clitoral stimulation prior to PIV, even without O. I believe this is due to the swelling of the hidden portions of the clitoris, which are then more stimulated through PIV. No swelling, no O.
Wife of 21 years
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

I finally got home so that I could measure. Were we supposed to measure the area while relaxed, or stretched ;) LOL I assumed relaxed, because that's more likely the state during sex .... the theory/studies fit with me, as long as measuring less than that "magic inch" (1/2"-5/8") doesn't alter things.

Even though Oing via PIV has always been possible for me, I am still pro-vibe, because it makes things so much easier and so much more sure.

God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
DoveGrey
California King
California King

Post by DoveGrey »

I went with relaxed, too. It was an odd moment trying to decide. Just the thought of us all with rulers and measuring tapes is cracking me up. Self awareness is important, but this one was pretty comical, for me at least.
Wife of 21 years
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

I have chuckled too and have wondered how many TMBers have gotten out there measuring tapes. :D
Link+Zelda

Post by Link+Zelda »

Zelda was interested by the concepts in this thread, but I figured there was no way Zelda would go for measuring it (or have me measure it)...and I was right of course. But then I was shocked a bit later when she started using her fingers (no measuring tape) to assess the distance while we were both under the covers. Quite erotic actually, and definitely helped rev my engine.

-Scott
-Link+Zelda

Return to “The Science of Sex”