Valentine Gift for FH

For the discussion of relationship issues between engaged couples.
Learning1
Hammock
Date of your marriage (past or future): February 15th, 2014

Valentine Gift for FH

Postby Learning1 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:38 pm

Hi TMB,

Question for the guys - When you were dating/engaged what did your future wife do/buy for you on Valentines Day ?
Question for the ladies - What did you do for your future husband ?

I want to do something special for our first real Valentine's Day together, but I am having trouble coming up with anything Special.

Any ideas ?

His love language scores real high for physical touch followed than quality time, words of affirmation, service way at the bottom are gifts. He is a hard to buy for.

For Christmas I gave him a book I made of "52 Reasons Why I Love & Respect you" - He loved it. Said it was one of the best gifts he has ever received. I also gave him Love Knot "cuff links". He is a suit & tie guy for work. For a Wedding Day gift I have bought for him an antique pocket watch, which I have engraved. He loves Black Licorice so for his last birthday I ordered him a gift box of "black licorice from around the world" . So all those ideas are used up. I got nothing for creative ideas. He likes vintage Triumph Motorcycles, MG & DB Roadsters, & modern BMW motorcycles. Plays golf, tennis swims, works out.

We will be in the Carriabean and Valentines Day is our rehearsal dinner.

Any ideas & What did you do when you were engaged or dating ?
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

hands
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 18th, 2013

Re: Valentine Gift for FH

Postby hands » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:15 pm

We tend to be pretty low key for Valentine's. When we were engaged I gave him a bag of "Flamin Hot Cheetos" because they are his favorite. Then I made a little card that said, Happy Valentine's Day to my Flamin Hot fiance.

It was simple but he liked it, maybe there is something he likes that you could give him and do a little play on words with it.

Leah
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 3rd, 1979

Postby Leah » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:44 pm

We keep it pretty low key at our house, too. We live very small, and it's not worth it to give trinkets that will be thrown away, eventually. A nice card or a framed photograph is a very nice gift. Or, you might want to start a scrapbook for your FH. You can add a page for every special occasion.
Leah

“I have learned now that while those who speak about one's miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more.”--C.S. Lewis

TMB Copyright and Fair Use

C_Brown
Fell out of ...
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 17th, 1984

Postby C_Brown » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:27 am

DW has given me cards for V-day, but that's about it. I'm the one who does things for her. I like doing those things but it would be nice to have her go out of her way now and then too.
So yes, I know that love is unconditional. But I also know that it can be unpredictable, unexpected, uncontrollable, unbearable and strangely easy to mistake for loathing -- Yvaine (in the movie Stardust)

happilymarriedkate
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 9th, 1992

Postby happilymarriedkate » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:32 am

I could come up with a myriad of gift suggestions for you to give him, however, after reading the order of his love languages, it appears a gift, per se, may not be what he needs. It sounds like he needs YOU for Valentine's Day! In this case, I would suggest nicely made "coupons"- maybe designed on the computer and printed on quality card stock and placed in a nice package of some sort with masculine wrapping. The coupons could be "redeemed" during your honeymoon. Now, with that said, I would be very mindful of the fact that it is your honeymoon. So maybe no coupon for acrobatic sex or anything. More like, a back massage (you can even include oils or lotions with the coupons), etc...
~HM Kate

Learning1
Hammock

Postby Learning1 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:53 pm

Thank you all for taking the time to respond, great suggestions !

I want to give him something just for him like C.B Mike suggested, above & beyond a "Hallmark". I think a combo of all the response ideas might just work. Got the creative juices flowing !

The framed photo idea (thanks Leah) triggered my memory of something I planned to have professionally framed after things settled from wedding/honeymoon. We met thru friends on a charity golf scramble, playing in the same foursome. Everyone who played got a electronic photo of their foursome. Months after I managed to get the scorecard from the charity which was just luck as they saved them vs tossing them away (he doesn't know I have it). I'll see if I can get photo & scorecard professionally framed in the next week. This would be Kinda like a "me-you gift", vs something just for him. However...

I really like H.M. Kate's awesome coupon idea, which would be just for him, so I could enclose those along with framed photo/scorecard with some kinda witty saying on the cover of the book like Hands suggested. Maybe some sort of play on words using Golf terms ? Perhaps Golf could be the overall theme of the coupon book? Any golfers out there who can help me come up with witty golf sayings ?
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

jokerman
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 15th, 1987

Postby jokerman » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:01 pm

If he likes quality time, he would probably enjoy a nice dinner out (either for V-Day or another day) or tickets to a concert or sporting event. It's something both of you could enjoy.

txtwindad
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 13th, 1983

Postby txtwindad » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:52 pm

OK, you are getting married the day after Valentines day, right?? Assuming I got that right. Everyone is being too tame here. This is a very unique situation. Get him something that will blow his mind. Give it to him late and then leave before he opens it. You don't have to spend any money on it. Something that tells him you are absolutely dying to get physical after the ceremony. This is your one chance to do this. A pair of your sexiest panties perhaps, even better if they smell like you. Maybe a poem or letter that is very explicit about the next night. You can really push the envelop here if you make sure he doesn't open it until after you leave for the night. How many people get a valentines day immediately before their wedding. Get outside your comfort zone. Make sure he can't sleep a wink. But you've got to make sure you aren't alone after that until the wedding.
 "Baby, Baby go and fetch some water,
Pour it on me so's I don't melt.
Can't you see you've got me burnin' hotter
Than a black vinyl car seat in ..." Two Tons of Steel

Learning1
Hammock

Postby Learning1 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:48 pm

yes we are getting married the day after Valentine's Day. Not intentionally planned that way.

I do want to give him something that will "blow his mind" ::alarm for our first Valentine's Day. But I do want him to be able to get a good nights sleep on Friday night, so he can be ready for Saturday.

This maybe TMI, I asked FH what color lingerie he might like for our wedding night, (as one of my bridal showers was informal with close friends, I rec'd lingerie in every color & style known to man) he said "wear whatever you are comfortable in" then he added "I like the Birthday Suit brand of lingerie". Not sure what to do with that. But as the ultimate joke, I thought about finding the ugliest frumpy flannel nightgown I could find and come out wearing that, then tell him well you said wear what I am comfortable in ::jk I would never do that, but it would be pretty sick joke.

I could take a pair of sexy panties & spritz 'em with the Channel he gave me for Christmas. I know he likes the scent, we both do. Do you think he would like that better than the coupons with the golf photo/scorecard ? I guess I could do all three ideas and give them to him at different times during the day.

Learning1
Hammock

Postby Learning1 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:10 pm

To All...Many ::tnx (especially TxtwinDad) from my DH & I ! I told my groom that the gifts ideas were not wholly mine. He loved them.

My poor man was huggin the porcelin all last night :( . The only thing we can figure is that he drank bad glass of milk at lunch. We had split a Turkey sub and mixed berry shortcake, I had white wine and he had glass of milk and cup of tea. Must have been the milk. Last night I was worried about him becoming dehydrated as ::xx was coming out of both ends and he refused to drink anything as it won't stay down. Since then he did drink large bottle of gator-aide. This AM he felt better & now is ::zz .

Anyway thought I'd share how I used your ideas :D .
On Valentine's Day, we played 9 holes of golf in the AM, then had late breakfast, at which I gave him the framed photo with scorecard from the first round of golf we played together, per above post idea along with a nice Hallmark type card. Then I headed off to the spa for mani, pedi & massage.

Wedding Rehearsal was late afternoon on Valentine's Day followed by dinner party for all our wedding guests. During the party I asked the resort staff to put the wrapped gift (I put items in a red heart shaped box) containing the Coco Channel spritzed sexy Valentine panties also included a hard candy heart shaped candy bra, & sexy home made Valentine card with my love letter/poem, on the bed in his room. So when he returned to his room for the night it was there.

Fast Forward to the next day...Wedding Day ! Like most grooms, he had big smile when I was coming down the alter. When I got to the front, he kept on grinning and right after the "who gives this women" part ended, DH whispered in my ear so no one else could hear "I got your gifts, you never cease to amaze me ! "

THEN he gave me a big ::wed KISS ! the Pastor said, so all could hear in his booming Caribbean Island accent "Whoa Fella ….. I did not say you could kiss the Bride yet, that comes at the end of the ceremony". Then DH told him "well get on with it then". They were both smiling , good thing Pastor had a sense of humor ! All of our guests were laughing & clapping. I think some of our more conservative guests were in a little shock over DH's presumptuous stolen kiss ! But they will never know about my secret Valentines Day Gifts. Thanks to all for your suggestions !

happilymarriedkate
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 9th, 1992

Postby happilymarriedkate » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:50 pm

Woohoo!! So glad you updated! I was wondering about the valentine's gift! So glad all of it was a success! Congrats!!!
~HM Kate

Learning1
Hammock

Postby Learning1 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:20 pm

happilymarriedkate wrote:Woohoo!! So glad you updated! I was wondering about the valentine's gift! So glad all of it was a success! Congrats!!!

Hi HMKate,

::tnx for your response ! Wanted to let you know I plan to use your coupon idea for DH next Birthday. Tried to make some for the Valentine Day- Honeymoon but ran out of time & needed new color ink cartridge for the printer.

From his response & ongoing comments about the Valentine's gifts, I think he will really love Birthday coupons. :D

txtwindad
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 13th, 1983

Postby txtwindad » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:50 pm

I'm very glad all went as planned. Good job. Now keep him off balance for the next several decades.
 "Baby, Baby go and fetch some water,
Pour it on me so's I don't melt.
Can't you see you've got me burnin' hotter
Than a black vinyl car seat in ..." Two Tons of Steel

Return to “Relationship Issues”