Orgasm after Hystoerectomy

This section is for women who are or have dealt with reproductive cancer or hysterectomy.
Forum rules
This section is for women who are or have dealt with reproductive cancer or hysterectomy. WOMEN ONLY please. Men may use the Reproductive cancer & Hysterectomy (husbands) forum. To post in this section you will need to subscribe to a group – see viewtopic.php?f=34&t=41250
jmanhog

Orgasm after Hystoerectomy

Postby jmanhog » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:13 am

How soon after full hystoerectomy can a women begin having orgasms? We know that penetration is not an option but what about oral stimulation til orgasm?

Can O' Worms
Twin size

Re: Orgasm after Hystoerectomy

Postby Can O' Worms » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:46 am

We went together to her Gyno for her post hysterectomy office visit. I think it was a couple of weeks after the surgery. Anyway, after she saw that everything was healing well, we asked the doctor when orgasms were OK, even if penetration wasn't and she said now is fine. So I would say, let your doctor check on her recovery and ask his/her opinion. Ours was glad that we asked.

Happy Shulamite
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 1st, 1998

Postby Happy Shulamite » Mon May 24, 2010 9:22 pm

If my memory serves, I believe it was about 10-14 days after hysterectomy that I started having orgasms. I was quite eager to know that all the nerves were intact and I could still O. It's perfectly normal to want to O and not want to wait until penetration is possible. Good idea to check with your doctor.

Gemma
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): February 14th, 1981

Postby Gemma » Tue May 25, 2010 5:38 am

Every situation will be different. The best thing is for your wife to ask her OB-GYN since her doc will be the one doing the post-op examinations. I've had a couple of surgeries in the last 16 months and both times I asked the surgeons. They expect to hear those questions from their patients.
Gemma~ refuser for 25yrs, awakened since Dec 2006!
passionwithinmarriage.blogspot.com

There'll be no locks or bolts between us, Mary Kate... except those in your own mercenary little heart! (Thornton in The Quiet Man)

Return to “Reproductive cancer & Hysterectomy (women)”