Sex after hysterectomy

This section is for women who are or have dealt with reproductive cancer or hysterectomy.
Forum rules
This section is for women who are or have dealt with reproductive cancer or hysterectomy. WOMEN ONLY please. Men may use the Reproductive cancer & Hysterectomy (husbands) forum. To post in this section you will need to subscribe to a group – see viewtopic.php?f=34&t=41250
Annabelle97

Sex after hysterectomy

Postby Annabelle97 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:08 am

I am 32 and had my uterus and ovaries removed about 5 weeks ago. I actually put off having the procure for years because of the desire for children and fears of sexual side effects.

Then 2 months after we adopted a beautiful baby, I became really sick and it came down to hysterectomy or die.

Now I am looking for advice on restarting our sex life once the doctor okays it. Before, things in the bedroom were great when I was healthy enough to do anything. Between the surgery and having an infant, I realize it will never be exactly the same. But I am hoping we can find a new normal that is satisfying for us both.

I am more nervous this time than I was the real first time, lol.

Any tips, tricks or advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Gemma
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): February 14th, 1981

Re: Sex after hysterectomy

Postby Gemma » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:56 am

When I was 40 I had a complete hyster... uterus and ovaries removed. It doesn't have to be the end of your sex life. I'm not sure what tips and tricks you're wanting?
Last edited by Gemma on Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gemma~ refuser for 25yrs, awakened since Dec 2006!
passionwithinmarriage.blogspot.com

There'll be no locks or bolts between us, Mary Kate... except those in your own mercenary little heart! (Thornton in The Quiet Man)

alaska bob
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 7th, 1990

Postby alaska bob » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:45 pm

my wife had a complete hysterectomy as well. I have always felt that mechanically, it improved our sex life. I don't know if it is just my imagination or what, but it used to be uncomfortable for her when I would hit her cervix, and well, i guess she doesn't have one anymore. It didn't cause any mechanical difficulties in our sex life - didn't hurt the first time after we resumed, it was no big deal returning to "active duty".

Hormonally, different story. My wife didn't have a strong appetite for sex before, but since then it has decreased to the point of not registering on the Richtor scale. She doesn't enjoy sex any less now, its just there isn't any thirst there waiting to be quenched. My only advice would be to keep in mind that your appetite might be diminished somewhat, and you might have to mentally pursue keeping your pace up rather than just following instinct.

robin
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 31st, 1989

Postby robin » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:14 pm

I had a hysterectomy at 23. The first couple times afterward were a bit tender but the doctor said to use lots of lube and go slow. We followed his advice and our sex life was never the same. It was 1000X BETTER after the surgery than before.
Biting is excellent! It's like kissing only there's a winner! - Idris

Annabelle97

Postby Annabelle97 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:26 pm

Thanks. It is nice to know that it can still be great. I guess I just read too many horror stories online about pain, loss of ability to O, how it changed for the worse or ended thier sex life althougher so I think I was expecting it to be bad or hard or weird or something.

Return to “Reproductive cancer & Hysterectomy (women)”