Low drive?

This section is for women who are or have dealt with reproductive cancer or hysterectomy.
Forum rules
This section is for women who are or have dealt with reproductive cancer or hysterectomy. WOMEN ONLY please. Men may use the Reproductive cancer & Hysterectomy (husbands) forum. To post in this section you will need to subscribe to a group – see viewtopic.php?f=34&t=41250
wife05mommy08
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 12th, 2005

Low drive?

Postby wife05mommy08 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:22 pm

I'm 10 months post hysterectomy, and while my SD seems to be on an upswing (3x in last 7 days) it still doesn't feel all the way back? I still have one ovary, I don't know if that matters.....

ledgemoor
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 3rd, 1982

Re: Low drive?

Postby ledgemoor » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:35 pm

I have heard that one ovary will pick up the slack. However, I have also heard that the blood supply to any remaining ovaries could be compromised and lower output.

The best thing to do is to go to a bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapist and get checked out. They will test all of your hormone levels and adjust as necessary. DW had cancer, and lost her uterus and both ovaries. bHRT has been a lifesaver for our love life.
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

seeking perspective
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): April 27th, 1991
Location: between the Northwoods and the Great Plains and the Great Lakes

Re: Low drive?

Postby seeking perspective » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:53 am

It can take up to a year to fully heal from a hysterectomy, and that includes healing in all that contributes to healthy sexual functioning. I kept both my ovaries, but they didn't do a complete reboot, as it were, and I ended up on HRT. Getting my hormones straightened out was part of my recovery process. It is definitely worth getting your hormone levels tested. Meanwhile, be aware that you may still be doing some healing.
You turned my wailing into dancing . . .
~Psalm 30:11
The Forgiven Wife
and Sex Chat for Christian Wives

Return to “Reproductive cancer & Hysterectomy (women)”