masturbation one and one half week after hysterectomy

This section is for women who are or have dealt with reproductive cancer or hysterectomy.
Forum rules
This section is for women who are or have dealt with reproductive cancer or hysterectomy. WOMEN ONLY please. Men may use the Reproductive cancer & Hysterectomy (husbands) forum. To post in this section you will need to subscribe to a group – see viewtopic.php?f=34&t=41250
by grace alone

masturbation one and one half week after hysterectomy

Postby by grace alone » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:00 pm

I am one and one half weeks past having my hysterectomy surgery. I am feeling very "hot". I have been able to reach climax via manual stimulation already twice in the past few days. I am pleasuring my husband with manual stimulation. Did anyone else have this experience of wanting to climax this early post-operatively and did it hinder your healing in any way?

ledgemoor
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 3rd, 1982

Re: masturbation one and one half week after hysterectomy

Postby ledgemoor » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:26 pm

They told DW to wait 2 weeks before anything sexual, and it turned out to be more like 10 weeks. She had cancer so it was more involved than most hysterectomies.

But I remember reading some women reporting this on hystersisters.com. Anyway, if the doctor says it's OK, I'd say have at it. If not, I'd hold off if possible.

I guess it shouldn't be too surprising -- you normally want sex more often than every week and a half, right? Even with the stress of the surgery, you may not lose all desire, and that's good! :-)

Do you still have your ovaries?
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

seeking perspective
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): April 27th, 1991
Location: between the Northwoods and the Great Plains and the Great Lakes

Postby seeking perspective » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:45 pm

This "hotness" is very normal post-hysterectomy. Women who have had repairs as well are typically the ones told to be on complete pelvic rest. I was so anxious about whether I would still be able to O that I gave it a few tries around this time, too. It caused aching and soreness afterwards, but I experienced no complications in my recovery.
You turned my wailing into dancing . . .
~Psalm 30:11
The Forgiven Wife
and Sex Chat for Christian Wives

by grace alone

Postby by grace alone » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:01 am

I had my ovaries removed when I had my hysterectomy. I was post menopausal and there is a history of ovarian cancer in my family.

stowaway17
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 23rd, 1988

Postby stowaway17 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:14 am

I had an abdominal hysterectomy a month ago. Thankfully the pathology report came back clean, so I just need to heal from the surgery.

I'm cleared for everything but intercourse - that has to wait 2 more weeks. (I may decide to wait an extra week; the thought of that vaginal cuff tearing scares me to death.) It's only been in the past few days that I would have even considered wanting anything sexual. The first week and a half were really difficult; I was in a lot of pain. Just getting in or out of bed hurt terribly. Sex never even crossed my mind and I can't imagine a time when I felt less sexy, not even 9 months pregnant or after my c-sections (though from what I read on hystersisters, many women experience just the opposite.) The next week and a half was much easier, but I was still very weak, sore, and exhausted. A few days ago I started feeling more like myself, and as long as I rest for a couple hours in the afternoon I can keep the exhaustion at bay.

So, we are going to try some external play tonight. I'm a little nervous, but if nothing else, I'll just help dh climax, and we'll enjoy the closeness. When it comes time for intercourse, I know he'll be gentle and let me take the lead on timing, position, etc... It's still scary. The area around my (large!) incision is numb; from what I remember of previous abdominal surgeries, that's not uncommon, and eventually that feeling went away. I hope I can still O. Time will tell.

robin
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 31st, 1989

Postby robin » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:45 pm

I was the same way after both my hysterectomy and the oophorectomy that happened 8-9 months later. We had sex a little too early and a little too much (should have at least had DH pull out) after the hysterectomy and I ended up back in the hospital with an infection.

It was so nice to finally have all the problems that precipitated the hysterectomy dealt with I couldn't help myself.
Biting is excellent! It's like kissing only there's a winner! - Idris

Return to “Reproductive cancer & Hysterectomy (women)”