Recovering from Hysterectomy

This section is for women who are or have dealt with reproductive cancer or hysterectomy.
Forum rules
This section is for women who are or have dealt with reproductive cancer or hysterectomy. WOMEN ONLY please. Men may use the Reproductive cancer & Hysterectomy (husbands) forum. To post in this section you will need to subscribe to a group – see viewtopic.php?f=34&t=41250
seeking perspective
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): April 27th, 1991
Location: between the Northwoods and the Great Plains and the Great Lakes

Re: Recovering from Hysterectomy

Postby seeking perspective » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:51 am

ledgemoor wrote:You could still get your hormones checked. Even if you still had both of them, a hysterectomy can still compromise hormone production. Wait a couple months for your body to stabilize.

Good point. I retained my ovaries, but they didn't completely wake back up after surgery. The ovaries continue to produce low levels of estrogen after menopause, so even a woman who has gone through menopause may experience dryness and other symptoms of low estrogen or hormone fluctuation after surgery.

Since I was still refusing and gate-keeping in those days, I have no idea how soon it would be comfortable having sex twice in one day.
You turned my wailing into dancing . . .
~Psalm 30:11
The Forgiven Wife
and Sex Chat for Christian Wives

Georgia Belle
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 8th, 1987

Postby Georgia Belle » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:27 pm

About the stress test. I just called and they won't let me wear a bra of any kind. Only a gown, with a male tech, no hubby in room . Not even a cami bra. This is going to be so uncomfortable. Can't take my inhaler. Only the male can place the leads while I'm bare breasted. He gets to scrub my skin to place the leads. This sounds awful. Thinking of canceling.

ledgemoor
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 3rd, 1982

Postby ledgemoor » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:55 pm

That's really strange that they don't want your husband there, unless there is no privacy and they have other topless women in the same room or something.

I always go in the exam room for dw's gyn visits etc., and have never been made to feel unwelcome. If I were the tech, I wouldn't want to be alone in the room with a woman -- I could be accused of anything.

The only time I wasn't allowed in was when she went to a women's health clinic to try to get fitted with a cervical cap, because there were other naked women in the same room. The doctors were all women too however.

I think you'd have the right to have a female tech if that makes any difference to you, or at least have another female staff member in the room with you. Personally, I would want a third party in the room even if the tech were female.

Wierd as this is, if you think you need the test, don't let this jeopardize your health. I seriously doubt anything untoward is going on. However, I'd just go elsewhere.
Last edited by ledgemoor on Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

Georgia Belle
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 8th, 1987

Postby Georgia Belle » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:37 pm

Yes I asked if we could use a towel to cover some of the area and the answer was no. I'm amazed that there's not a more discreet way to do this. Called primary care nurse and she said," I guess your just one of the unfortunate females that gets to go through this." Reassuring, huh ? They could supply a female to do the leads for the EKG, but not stress test.

Return to “Reproductive cancer & Hysterectomy (women)”