What should I expect?

This section is for husbands of women who are dealing with reproductive cancer or hysterectomy.
Forum rules
This section is for husbands of women who are dealing with reproductive cancer or hysterectomy. Women who have been through these things are encouraged to post answers and suggestions for the men. Women dealing with these issues now should use the Reproductive cancer & Hysterectomy (women) forum. To post in this section you will need to subscribe to a group – see viewtopic.php?f=34&t=41250
FunnyMan

What should I expect?

Postby FunnyMan » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:53 pm

My wife is 4 weeks into her 6 week recovery from her hysterectomy and we are starting to look forward to the day we can ML again. My question is what should we expect the first time we ML? I have heard that her vagina could be shorter so there is a concern with me bottoming out. I know that before I would hit her cervix and I don't want to hurt her. Can anyone give me some insight into what to expect and what our strategy should be? I'm thinking slow and steady with her in the driver's seat is the way to go for a wile anyway.

Dale
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.

Re: What should I expect?

Postby Dale » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:07 am

For us, sex is much better now, simply because my DW no longer has any pain. She had an almost-total hysterectomy. They took the uterus, the tubes, the cervix, and one ovary. The first time we had intercourse after her surgery, she was so much more relaxed because the pain was gone. I didn't notice any real difference in her length, but I made sure she was good and aroused before attempting intercourse.

So yeah, take it slow, but go into it with an expectation that things are going to be much better for you and her! :D :D

Dale

Luv2LuvHer
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 29th, 1977

Postby Luv2LuvHer » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:06 am

I would echo Dale's post. Let her take the lead. Depending on what all they did the entrance could also be smaller than before surgery. Keep lots of lube on hand and enghe earlage in as much foreplay as possible. We are finally at the point where DW's vagina has stretched back out and I don't bottom out like I did in the early times after surgery.

Communication will be vitally important between you.
Be a servant lover everyday!

FunnyMan

Postby FunnyMan » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:31 am

Thanks guys. I appreciate the comments and advice. I'm counting down the days.It's been a long recovery.

Return to “Reproductive cancer & Hysterectomy (husbands)”