Video on testosterone and cardiovascular health

Low testosterone issues, impacts on health & marriage, treatments, etc.
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 4th, 2004

Video on testosterone and cardiovascular health

Postby tentsofpurple » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:44 pm

Done by the founder of the practice where dh gets his testosterone therapy. Some interesting info discrediting the link between testosterone therapy and cardiovascular episodes. ... monophobia

Date of your marriage (past or future): December 10th, 2005

Re: video on tesosterone and cardoivascular heath

Postby SquarePants » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:02 pm

Great link. I hadn't seen it. I remember reading one of the original papers when it was first published and noticed that even though the paper claimed an increased rate in heart related deaths, the actual data showed that the rate dropped by over half for the group that was treated with testosterone. The only way they were able to claim the higher rate of deaths for the testosterone treated group was because they used some type of statistical model that I had never heard of, which used other risk factors to "adjust" the actual number of deaths. The adjustment was larger than the signal. Instead of a modest increase in deaths from testosterone, the actual data showed a large decrease! The doctor in the video confirmed that their weighting methodology was based on unpublished data.

The doctor in the video summarized by saying (I'm paraphrasing) "here are 46 publications which found the testosterone treatment actually improved various risk factors and hard numbers, and here are 2 flawed studies which report otherwise."

Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 25th, 1995

Re: Video on testosterone and cardiovascular health

Postby luvmygirls » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:31 pm

And then there's this, which I found a couple of years ago. With my family having a history of heart disease, it is one of the reasons why I want to find someone who knows more than what the charts say the "normal" range is and will actually make an effort toward optimal.

I don't know if it's true or not, but I would hope that doctors who are supposed to specialize in treating low T would know.
"If you have any poo, fling it now."--monkey from "Madagascar"

Return to “Male Testosterone Issues”