Next Steps?

Low testosterone issues, impacts on health & marriage, treatments, etc.
SeekingChange
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 17th, 1994

Re: Next Steps?

Postby SeekingChange » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:15 pm

I just wanted to share that he seems to be seeing some improvement after three weeks of changes...maybe it's a 'placebo effect'. Although I'm not the one to judge his focus, his alertness, and his motivation, which were his main symptoms, but, even I seem to notice better erection quality. :mrgreen:
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, find comfort, survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years...then she did something new.

My Story

be64
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): March 25th, 1988

Postby be64 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:33 pm

I'm late in coming to this thread but I will make a few quick comments. First, I think that total testosterone can be pretty much ignored. It doesn't mean much. It is the free and bioavailable testosterone numbers that are important. It's kind of like when evaluating your wealth it is your net worth that is important not your total worth.

Second, I think it is great to get testosterone up naturally if you can. It didn't work for me. The problem with most things that may raise testosterone naturally is that they may raise it a few percentages but your husband need a 200-400% increase. It's not likely anything will have that much of an effect.

Third, if cost is an issue, injections are the least expensive way to go. This is a good thing because they are also the most effective way to go as well. They can also be easily be self administered.

As a side note I will say that I do small painless daily subcutaneous testosterone injections and it has worked out very well.
The secret to having everything is believing you already do!

ledgemoor
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 3rd, 1982

Postby ledgemoor » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:55 pm

Good news SC. Any improvement is good, especially this quickly.

What exactly is he doing? Life changes may not raise testosterone, but still be beneficial in bed, and elsewise. I'd give it another month, and test his testosterone again. Try to get it done at the same time of day he got his last one.

On high-fat, low-fiber diets: I'm skeptical about the low-fiber part. It seems that all the articles tested it in conjunction with high fat, and no one offered a reason why the fiber would be bad for your testosterone. If I were going to increase my fat intake, it would be more olive oil or avocado, not fried greasy animal products. In fact, since reading about this, I have substituted olive oil for other fats I have been eating.

This article seems sensible to me: http://peaktestosterone.com/twofs.aspx

At any rate, even if eating an unhealthy diet did help testosterone levels, that is not the way to treat it. Just take some testosterone.
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

SeekingChange
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 17th, 1994

Postby SeekingChange » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:35 pm

He plans on getting rechecked at 90 days, and I will try to make sure it's at the same time of day.

First of all, we started praying for his body, praying Scriptures over his mind, and praying for God to use all the "natural" we are doing.

He is taking what you suggested....
50 mg zinc, 2 mg copper, 1 DIM capsule, 5000 IU Vitamin D

Except I am not sure about the copper. He also is taking a supplement that has a fenugreek extract (the only place he could find that was in a T booster) and d-aspartic acid. He also cut back in his fiber. He is also taking some protein, especially after he works out. He is trying to cut back on sugars, but not sure how well he is doing with that.

He is trying to get a minimum of 7 hours of sleep. He is trying to be more intentional with relaxing. He is doing heavy weight lifting 3x a week, and that takes about an hour, and on the days in between, 2x a week he is playing racquetball for an hour. He is also trying to have sex 1-2x daily.

That is what I can think of.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, find comfort, survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years...then she did something new.

My Story

be64
King bed

Postby be64 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:06 pm

My experience with fenugreek is that it raised my estradiol level and caused breast/nipple pain. Therefore I believe it is something that should be used without monitoring a bit. Increases in estradiol will negate any increase in testosterone.

While I applaud any effort to naturally increase testosterone levels, in my experience no supplement did any good. They may have increased my level by a few percentages but what I needed was about a 300% improvement which I don't believe can be done without prescription drugs.

be64
King bed

Postby be64 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:13 pm

ledgemoor wrote:At any rate, even if eating an unhealthy diet did help testosterone levels, that is not the way to treat it. Just take some testosterone.

Interestingly it seems from what I have read that a lot of what is considered healthy in a diet can actually be bad for testosterone production. Red meat, which some may say is bad for your health, is often claimed to be good for testosterone production.

Return to “Male Testosterone Issues”