Normal T - Low Free T

Low testosterone issues, impacts on health & marriage, treatments, etc.
Hoosier52
King bed

Re: Going to Biote Doctor

Postby Hoosier52 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:22 pm

Saw the Doc today. My estradiol was 95. Hematacrit and RBC were in the normal range. I'm not sure if this was the ultra-sensitive estradiol test of not. He prescribed 1mg Arimidex once a week. He wants to retest in 2 months.

The lab work was done by Quest. I will check with them and ask them about the test if it was the sensitive estradiol or not.

Thanks

PS - Libido is up

SquarePants
Hammock
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 10th, 2005

Postby SquarePants » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:08 pm

Hoosier52 wrote:Saw the Doc today. My estradiol was 95.

That's REALLY high. I do well between 20 and 30. I definitely feel it as it approaches 40. The Arimidex should knock it down quickly. It seems to take a while raise estradiol if it goes too low.

I understand that people are highly variable in their sensitivity to Arimidex. I'm extremely sensitive. I take 0.05 mg capsules (custom filled at a compounding pharmacy) about once a week. My knees get achy and I get dry skin if it goes too low.

Hoosier52
King bed

Postby Hoosier52 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:56 pm

How will 1mg/week effect me? Is that a good dosage your opinion? When should I take it or does it matter. I inject on Tues/Sat.

Thanks

SquarePants
Hammock

Postby SquarePants » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:14 pm

Take it now. It takes a day or two to gradually lower your estrogen. Weigh yourself now and tomorrow and see if you loose water weight.

1 mg sounds reasonable for starting you off. Your E2 levels are high, but you WERE double dosing for a while. You'll eventually need to get your levels rechecked to see if that's a good dosage for you. Do an internet search for symptoms of high and low estrogen. Not everyone has the same initial symptoms.

Hoosier52
King bed

Postby Hoosier52 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:48 pm

I took the first generic 1mg Arimidex tab. I got the script at Sams. When I went to pick it up the Pharmacist said it would be $50 for 12 pills!!! She thought that was high. I told her that I thought it was on their $4 list. She checked and it was but I had to have a Plus membership. I upgraded for $26 and the pills ended up costing me $1.26 total :D Talk about a price mark-up!

I know that men are sensitive to Arimidex. In my reading I find that every man's sensitivity is different. Some take .25mg E3D. One wrote that the key for him was gauging his morning erections. If he was having them, his dosage was good.

For me, I'm having them now but only if I have to urinate. That didn't happen before the TRT. Hoping the Arimidex will restore them without the need to urinate.

be64
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): March 25th, 1988

Postby be64 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:44 pm

Yes 95 is very high but I don't think it is entirely due to that you're doubling your testosterone dose. I will repeat that 200 mg per week is not an unreasonably high dose.

I suspect you had a high estradiol to begin with which may be one of the reasons why your testosterone was low.

1 mg per week is probably sufficient and you may decide to divide that into two doses but with your level of estradiol I would expect it could take several weeks to get it down.

I usually don't use more than a quarter milligram every other week, but I felt I was having high estradiol symptoms and ended up taking 3 half miligrams in the past week and I've ended up with it too low with my back aching and I have lost my morning erections.

My doctor prescribes 1 mg arimidex per day for 30 pills per month. I don't use anywhere near that much but it allows me to get 30 pills with one co-pay and I had my prescription refilled today and it was six dollars for 30 pills. This will probably last me about three years.
The secret to having everything is believing you already do!

Hoosier52
King bed

Postby Hoosier52 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:52 am

I don't know how long it takes for the Arimidex (generic) to work. My face was flush and I felt bloated. Seems like I'm better.

Hoosier52
King bed

Postby Hoosier52 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:18 am

Did an injection Tuesday and it left a small knot and it's sore. Must have hit something or allowed the needle to move around too much.

I'm considering halving the 1mg Arimidex into two doses a week? I've read that it's best to take it one day after injections?

be64
King bed

Postby be64 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:09 pm

The half-life of Arimidex is about 46 hours so it may be beneficial to cut the pills into quarters and take a quarter pill every other day.

Hoosier52
King bed

Postby Hoosier52 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:36 pm

be64 wrote:The half-life of Arimidex is about 46 hours so it may be beneficial to cut the pills into quarters and take a quarter pill every other day.

Those pills are pretty small. May have to use a pill cutter and a razor blade. Good idea.

OldMarriedLady
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 7th, 1983

Postby OldMarriedLady » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:31 am

DH takes his Arimidex along with his injections, twice a week. He takes a full pill on Tuesday and a half pill on Friday (his shot days).
"When you love them, they drive you crazy - because they know they can."
(From the 1987 movie "Moonstruck", written by John Patrick Shanley)

Hoosier52
King bed

Postby Hoosier52 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:56 am

My last two injections have left sore little bumps that itch like crazy. Anyone else have these problems? I'm wondering if I might be allergic to the cottonseed oil or if I'm injecting wrong. A friend of mine had the same issue with SubQ shots. He stopped and went to IM.

Thanks!

Hoosier52
King bed

Hard, sore, itchy bumps at injection site

Postby Hoosier52 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:37 am

I'm new to the TRT. I'm doing 100mg/week of TCyp divided into two SubQ injections. I use 29ga - 5/16 insulin needles.

The last 2 have cause hard, sore, itchy bumps to appear. The one from a week ago has all but disappeared. The one from Saturday has grown into about a half dollar size. Both shots were bi-lateral glute injections.

I understand that this a common occurrence for some, but I don't know why. Did I inject wrong? Am I allergic to something? Should I be concerned about it? Is there anything I can do to make it go away besides waiting?

Thanks!

PS - The injections have raised the libido. Besides the bumps I have the side effects of high estradiol and high BP. Hopefully, it will all smooth out.

txtwindad
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 13th, 1983

Re: Hard, sore, itchy bumps at injection site

Postby txtwindad » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:37 am

The base oil for cypionate is cotton seed oil. You probably have an allergy to it. I never had bumps, but had lots of itching when I did subq injections. The easy fix is to change to IM. There is much less chance of a histamine reaction IM than close to the skin. That is all I had to do. If you find you still have an allergic reaction, you can get T in other forms. Hopefully switching to IM will fix it though.
 "Baby, Baby go and fetch some water,
Pour it on me so's I don't melt.
Can't you see you've got me burnin' hotter
Than a black vinyl car seat in ..." Two Tons of Steel

SquarePants
Hammock

Postby SquarePants » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:24 pm

I sometimes will have some irritation. It's very dependent on the injection location for me. I seem to have more problems where the fat is thickest. If I avoid those areas, it's never bad. Some have zero irritation, while some have minor irritation. I do all mine in the belly fat.

Hoosier52
King bed

Postby Hoosier52 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:31 pm

Tomorrow is an injection day. I'll try the belly. I've only done belly once and it stung going in and for a couple of hours afterwards. I MAY have not given enough time for the alcohol swab to dry.

SquarePants
Hammock

Postby SquarePants » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:58 pm

If it's immediately painful, you may have hit a nerve. That's my theory. Many are completely pain free. Some, I feel a little. Some sting a little. Occasionally, I'll immediately hit a hot spot before injection starts. If that happens, I pull out, catch my breath, and try again somewhere else.

I don't worry about alcohol drying. It doesn't seem to matter with the tiny needles.

Hoosier52
King bed

Postby Hoosier52 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:23 pm

The one I did was immediately painful. I should have pulled out and tried another spot. I've read you should be within 5 inches of the navel?

be64
King bed

Postby be64 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:07 pm

I've had bumps and itching but only occasionally. I wouldn't worry about it unless it keeps happening with every injection.

Hoosier52
King bed

Postby Hoosier52 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:18 pm

The large one from Saturday is shrinking. I have a cold and took some antihistamines and that may have helped. I skipped my shot today because I felt so crummy. Plan to do it in the morning.

I cut up an Arimidex tab into 4 parts and will take one every other day as suggested.

Thanks for all the input and help.

Return to “Male Testosterone Issues”