Going to Biote Doctor

Low testosterone issues, impacts on health & marriage, treatments, etc.
Hoosier52
King bed

Re: Going to Biote Doctor

Postby Hoosier52 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:40 am

Just talked to the Drs. medical assistant. At first she said the Dr. said the Test was not causing the HBP. I had to explain that I was double-dosing. She said that could cause the estradiol to go up and the water retention. He said I should continue normal dosing. My next shot is due tomorrow, but I think I'm going to skip it just to be safe. The next one would be on Tuesday.

ledgemoor
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 3rd, 1982

Postby ledgemoor » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:40 am

Yeah, better too little testosterone than too much.
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

Hoosier52
King bed

Postby Hoosier52 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:15 pm

MY BP has gone from 151/96 to 145/76 since I took a diuretic pill. My head is not pounding anymore. Thank the Lord.

Nvr2Late
On the floor
Date of your marriage (past or future): February 9th, 2013

Postby Nvr2Late » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:42 pm

I have to smile just a little bit. Now you have a taste of what us ladies go through when our hormones are out of whack! I will recommend to my husband next time he's feeling like that with elevated BP - take some dandelion! He was showing me a couple of nights ago how his socks left marks in his ankles. I didn't think much of it other than, gee the elastic must be tight. Now I realize he was having issues with edema too.

doug-h
Fell out of ...
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 20th, 1982

Postby doug-h » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:11 pm

Another thing that will reduce BP is l-arginine. The first time I took it, I had a headache just like you get when you take nitroglycerine. Once my body adjusted, the headaches went away. It is a systemic vasodialator. My BP drops approx 3-5 points when I am taking it. Every little bit helps.

Hoosier52
King bed

Postby Hoosier52 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:56 pm

[quote="doug-h"]Another thing that will reduce BP is l-arginine. The first time I took it, I had a headache just like you get when you take nitroglycerine. Once my body adjusted, the headaches went away. It is a systemic vasodialator. My BP drops approx 3-5 points when I am taking it. Every little bit helps.[/quot

I have some. Will see how the diuretic works before I try it. Thanks :D

SquarePants
California King
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 10th, 2005

Postby SquarePants » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:59 pm

Do you exercise regularly? If you are comfortable with your blood pressure, you might consider doing strength training now and take advantage of your high testosterone levels 8)

Hoosier52
King bed

Postby Hoosier52 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:00 pm

I work out 4 times/week including lifting. I didn't lift yesterday because I wasn't comfortable with my bp. I did do cardio. :D

be64
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): March 25th, 1988

Postby be64 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:40 pm

I just want to point out that 200 mg per week is not a super high dose. It's also likely that 100 mg per week is not enough so 150 may be more in the range of where your end and if that's the case the 200 you used was not really a double dose.

I believe the dosing guidelines that come with testosterone cypionate say 100 mg to 200 mg every 1 to 4 weeks. That being the case a low dose would be 100 mg every four weeks which would be almost useless and the high-end would be 200 mg per week.

I'll offer my guess that your testosterone level is probably around 1300. Just a little bit over a test that has a range of 300 to 1100.
The secret to having everything is believing you already do!

Hoosier52
King bed

Postby Hoosier52 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:29 pm

I'm interested in my estradiol level. If I can get that down maybe the belly fat will go. I have a friend who used to do 600mg per week :o

ledgemoor
Under the stars

Postby ledgemoor » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:45 pm

be64 wrote:I'll offer my guess that your testosterone level is probably around 1300. Just a little bit over a test that has a range of 300 to 1100.

My target testosterone level is 700-800.
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

Hoosier52
King bed

Postby Hoosier52 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:27 pm

My Dr. said he wanted me to be in the 800-1200 range. I started at 520.

ledgemoor
Under the stars

Postby ledgemoor » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:50 pm

My level started at 270. My initial dose was 0.5cc. I am currently prescribed 1.0cc, but have never taken more than 0.8cc. The doc lets me adjust my dose based on how I feel/how satisfied DW is :-).

My doctor's philosophy is that older guys need enough testosterone to perform well and feel good, not have the levels of a teenager.

Older men can apparently get by with less. My dad is 85. His level is in the 400's, and he is more than fine according to Mom. He has none of the usual symptoms of low testosterone.

My doctor is in his early 70s and shoots for a 700-800 level.

Hoosier52
King bed

Postby Hoosier52 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:02 pm

Just to make it clear for me: If I am to do 1 ml of 100mg per week via 2 weekly Subq injections and my TestCyp is 200mg, should I inject .25ml twice a week? Does .5ml of 200mg test equal 100mg?

I tried to explain what I was doing to my Drs. assistant and she got confused too.

be64
King bed

Postby be64 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:53 pm

Yes .5ml of 200mg/ml testosterone would be 100mg of testosterone. That's why I like to talk about the mg per week rather than ml per week since the mg/ml can vary.

be64
King bed

Postby be64 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:24 pm

I prefer the testosterone level of a teenager.

Something I'll point out is that once you are on testosterone it doesn't really matter what your level was before TRT because after a time on testosterone your natural production will shut down and you will be reliant totally on replacement. Often times men start out on a lowish dose which works out well at first but then the natural production drops off and the testosterone level drops below the pre TRT level. Then the dose has to be increased to get to the desired level.

Hoosier52
King bed

Postby Hoosier52 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:29 am

This is why I am going to ask my Dr. about HCG. If TRT becomes unavailable or too pricey, I don't want to be a eunuch :(

ledgemoor
Under the stars

Postby ledgemoor » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:46 am

be64 wrote:I prefer the testosterone level of a teenager.

Something I'll point out is that once you are on testosterone it doesn't really matter what your level was before TRT because after a time on testosterone your natural production will shut down and you will be reliant totally on replacement. Often times men start out on a lowish dose which works out well at first but then the natural production drops off and the testosterone level drops below the pre TRT level. Then the dose has to be increased to get to the desired level.
Not everyone.

This discussion reminds me of the Wiley protocol of bHRT for women. They try to mimic the hormonal cycles in young women in post-menopausal women. They actually start having periods again. My mother was on it and it totally messed her up. She's off it and OK now, but is spooked and won't try ANY bHRT now.

So you can get away with youthful hormones in an old person, probably easier with men than women, but my doctor doesn't think it is a good idea, and I agree.

I have been on TRT for about 6 years now, and my testicles are still working as well as they were before I started. NO shrinkage. My doctor reports that the vast majority of his patients have no shrinkage. He personally has been on it for years and no shrinkage. Certainly there is some level of supplementation you can do without your testicles going on vacation.

I don't perform in bed like I did when I was 23, but can go once every day or two no problem. Twice a day or twice in the same session is doable. Not always, but it happens frequently. And yes, I occasionally still have ED. C'est le vie.

This is why I am going to ask my Dr. about HCG. If TRT becomes unavailable or too pricey, I don't want to be a eunuch :(
If your testicles have shrunk and you stop taking testosterone , they will come back eventually. It isn't a permanent condition -- so I have been told :lol:.

Hoosier52
King bed

Postby Hoosier52 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:46 am

I have an appt. Monday with the TRT Doctor. My BP is still up. I am wondering if my RBC is up and I'm having hematocrit issues? Could that happen in just a month? Also, If I am, the blood donation stuff ain't going to work with me. I am VERY uncomfortable with needles and drawing blood. It would be a bad scene. I read that grapefruit juice can help resolve that issue. Anyone ever have hematocrit issues?

Thanks

be64
King bed

Postby be64 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:00 am

I don't think you could have hematocrit issues in the short time you've been on testosterone. However I think you just as well get used to the idea of needles.

Return to “Male Testosterone Issues”