Going to Biote Doctor

Low testosterone issues, impacts on health & marriage, treatments, etc.
SquarePants
California King
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 10th, 2005

Re: Going to Biote Doctor

Postby SquarePants » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:53 am

If I had to guess, your elevated blood pressure may be related to elevated estrogen levels, made more likely by the temporary double dosing. I've been reading through your threads, but I may have mixed something up. Have you gotten your lab results yet? If you see your doctor on Monday, I guess he'll reveal your results to you then. (That's always bugged me that we aren't allowed to see the results of our own lab work. I feel like I should be able to order my own lab work and then reveal it to a doctor after my approval.) If estrogen is high, then a low dose of Arimidex will fix that and most likely the blood pressure.

I've been HUGELY afraid of needles my whole life. I almost always requested to have blood drawn while lying down. I've gotten 99% used to giving my own subcutaneous injections. The blood draws for labwork still creep me out, but it's gotten much better. I DON'T watch. I had to give blood ONCE about a year ago due to high RBC. I was REALLY creeped out by that, but I survived. I try to keep things in perspective. The fear is all in my head, and I remind myself that the risk of driving to the get the labwork was much higher than the labwork itself. The hardship of a blood donation is pathetically small compared to what people endured even a hundred years ago.

be64
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): March 25th, 1988

Postby be64 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:59 am

Yesterday I gave my 39th blood donation. That's one pint short of five gallons.
The secret to having everything is believing you already do!

Hoosier52
King bed

Postby Hoosier52 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:54 am

be64 wrote:I don't think you could have hematocrit issues in the short time you've been on testosterone. However I think you just as well get used to the idea of needles.

I'm hoping it's estradiol. I do better with blood draws, but I still don't look and I don't want them to show me the vial to check my name. At least I haven't passed out in a while. My last blood draw I told myself it was a T injection. But i still walked out weak-kneed

Hoosier52
King bed

Postby Hoosier52 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:57 am

SquarePants wrote:If I had to guess, your elevated blood pressure may be related to elevated estrogen levels, made more likely by the temporary double dosing. I've been reading through your threads, but I may have mixed something up. Have you gotten your lab results yet? If you see your doctor on Monday, I guess he'll reveal your results to you then. (That's always bugged me that we aren't allowed to see the results of our own lab work. I feel like I should be able to order my own lab work and then reveal it to a doctor after my approval.) If estrogen is high, then a low dose of Arimidex will fix that and most likely the blood pressure.

I've been HUGELY afraid of needles my whole life. I almost always requested to have blood drawn while lying down. I've gotten 99% used to giving my own subcutaneous injections. The blood draws for labwork still creep me out, but it's gotten much better. I DON'T watch. I had to give blood ONCE about a year ago due to high RBC. I was REALLY creeped out by that, but I survived. I try to keep things in perspective. The fear is all in my head, and I remind myself that the risk of driving to the get the labwork was much higher than the labwork itself. The hardship of a blood donation is pathetically small compared to what people endured even a hundred years ago.

He only tested for a CBC and estradiol this time. Not total T or Free T test. I'm hoping it's etsradiol or just being overweight. If I have to donate a pint of blood, it will NOT go well. I know it's mental aside from the pain of the needle. Can't imagine laying on a table for an hour with a needle in my arm and blood running out. :shock:

be64
King bed

Postby be64 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:36 pm

It only takes about five or six minutes of needle time to give blood.

Yesterday my wife filled the bag and a little under five minutes and I filled the bag in a little over six minutes. I was slower because I was posting a blood selfie on Facebook and forgot to squeeze the ball to make the blood pump out faster.

Hoosier52
King bed

Postby Hoosier52 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:08 pm

Good for you, but that just creeps me out. Sweat just popped out on my forehead...

How bad does that needle hurt?

doug-h
Fell out of ...
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 20th, 1982

Postby doug-h » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:44 pm

The needle isn't bad. Just have to remain still.

Confession time.

When I was much younger, and in the Army, they would give us the rest of the day off if we donated blood. That was good all by itself, but we also figured out that having a single beer after giving blood, had a much greater effect than usual, so we would retire directly from the clinic, to the Enlisted Club. Somewhere along the line, I ended up in a third world country that disqualified me from donating blood. :? Oh well, I guess I was doing it for the wrong reasons.

be64
King bed

Postby be64 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:13 pm

The needle doesn't hurt. You have to put it into perspective. Broken ribs hurt, not needles.

Hoosier52
King bed

Postby Hoosier52 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:50 am

Ha! I guess its a personal thing.

For me, when I have blood drawn, the needle hurts and usually leaves a bruise. I suppose needles used to collect blood are an even larger gauge and would hurt even more. The 29 ga. needles I use to inject with are pretty much painless.

The mental part goes back to when I was a child and suffered a concussion. I spent the night in the hospital. I remember a nurse coming in with a razor blade to prick my finger. Then she drew the blood with a suction tube in her mouth and put it in a small vial. Never seen anything like it since.

When I had to have blood drawn for our marriage license, it was my first time. The nurse jabbed me several times and then apologized saying it was her first day on the job!!! Lucky me. She went and got another nurse and she was able to hit the vein the first time.

Hoosier52
King bed

Postby Hoosier52 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:22 pm

Saw the Doc today. My estradiol was 95. Hematacrit and RBC were in the normal range. I'm not sure if this was the ultra-sensitive estradiol test of not. He prescribed 1mg Arimidex once a week. He wants to retest in 2 months.

The lab work was done by Quest. I will check with them and ask them about the test if it was the sensitive estradiol or not.

Thanks

PS - Libido is up

SquarePants
California King

Postby SquarePants » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:08 pm

Hoosier52 wrote:Saw the Doc today. My estradiol was 95.

That's REALLY high. I do well between 20 and 30. I definitely feel it as it approaches 40. The Arimidex should knock it down quickly. It seems to take a while raise estradiol if it goes too low.

I understand that people are highly variable in their sensitivity to Arimidex. I'm extremely sensitive. I take 0.05 mg capsules (custom filled at a compounding pharmacy) about once a week. My knees get achy and I get dry skin if it goes too low.

Hoosier52
King bed

Postby Hoosier52 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:56 pm

How will 1mg/week effect me? Is that a good dosage your opinion? When should I take it or does it matter. I inject on Tues/Sat.

Thanks

SquarePants
California King

Postby SquarePants » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:14 pm

Take it now. It takes a day or two to gradually lower your estrogen. Weigh yourself now and tomorrow and see if you loose water weight.

1 mg sounds reasonable for starting you off. Your E2 levels are high, but you WERE double dosing for a while. You'll eventually need to get your levels rechecked to see if that's a good dosage for you. Do an internet search for symptoms of high and low estrogen. Not everyone has the same initial symptoms.

Hoosier52
King bed

Postby Hoosier52 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:48 pm

I took the first generic 1mg Arimidex tab. I got the script at Sams. When I went to pick it up the Pharmacist said it would be $50 for 12 pills!!! She thought that was high. I told her that I thought it was on their $4 list. She checked and it was but I had to have a Plus membership. I upgraded for $26 and the pills ended up costing me $1.26 total :D Talk about a price mark-up!

I know that men are sensitive to Arimidex. In my reading I find that every man's sensitivity is different. Some take .25mg E3D. One wrote that the key for him was gauging his morning erections. If he was having them, his dosage was good.

For me, I'm having them now but only if I have to urinate. That didn't happen before the TRT. Hoping the Arimidex will restore them without the need to urinate.

be64
King bed

Postby be64 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:44 pm

Yes 95 is very high but I don't think it is entirely due to that you're doubling your testosterone dose. I will repeat that 200 mg per week is not an unreasonably high dose.

I suspect you had a high estradiol to begin with which may be one of the reasons why your testosterone was low.

1 mg per week is probably sufficient and you may decide to divide that into two doses but with your level of estradiol I would expect it could take several weeks to get it down.

I usually don't use more than a quarter milligram every other week, but I felt I was having high estradiol symptoms and ended up taking 3 half miligrams in the past week and I've ended up with it too low with my back aching and I have lost my morning erections.

My doctor prescribes 1 mg arimidex per day for 30 pills per month. I don't use anywhere near that much but it allows me to get 30 pills with one co-pay and I had my prescription refilled today and it was six dollars for 30 pills. This will probably last me about three years.

Hoosier52
King bed

Postby Hoosier52 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:52 am

I don't know how long it takes for the Arimidex (generic) to work. My face was flush and I felt bloated. Seems like I'm better.

Hoosier52
King bed

Postby Hoosier52 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:18 am

Did an injection Tuesday and it left a small knot and it's sore. Must have hit something or allowed the needle to move around too much.

I'm considering halving the 1mg Arimidex into two doses a week? I've read that it's best to take it one day after injections?

be64
King bed

Postby be64 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:09 pm

The half-life of Arimidex is about 46 hours so it may be beneficial to cut the pills into quarters and take a quarter pill every other day.

Hoosier52
King bed

Postby Hoosier52 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:36 pm

be64 wrote:The half-life of Arimidex is about 46 hours so it may be beneficial to cut the pills into quarters and take a quarter pill every other day.

Those pills are pretty small. May have to use a pill cutter and a razor blade. Good idea.

OldMarriedLady
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 7th, 1983

Postby OldMarriedLady » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:31 am

DH takes his Arimidex along with his injections, twice a week. He takes a full pill on Tuesday and a half pill on Friday (his shot days).
"When you love them, they drive you crazy - because they know they can."
(From the 1987 movie "Moonstruck", written by John Patrick Shanley)

Return to “Male Testosterone Issues”