Switching from Intermuscular to Subcutaneous injection

Low testosterone issues, impacts on health & marriage, treatments, etc.
ledgemoor
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 3rd, 1982

Switching from Intermuscular to Subcutaneous injection

Postby ledgemoor » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:15 pm

After reading and participating in this thread

http://boards.themarriagebed.com/viewto ... 17&t=66301

and in particular this video

I have decided to give subq injections a shot so-to-speak.

I will share my experiences here, and invite anyone else who wants to try switching or is considering it to join in.

I am taking .7 cc/week and have been using a 25-ga needle for IM. So I am doing two 0.35cc SubQ injections with a 1/2" 28-ga needle.

I did my first subq injection yesterday. The needle loaded no problem. Apparently the shorter length of the needle more than makes up for the reduced diameter when it comes to flow.

I injected in the belly. My 28ga needle is smaller than the 26 ga recommended by Chrisler on the video referenced in the above thread, but that's what I have and I injected slowly, plus I have a hard time believing something that gooey would have the pressure-washer-in-cinder-block effect that Chrisler mentioned.

There was a fair amount of discomfort when the needle went in. I'm guessing I just got unlucky and hit a nerve. I have never felt much of anything from injecting the B12.

It's too early to tell if it is any more or less effective. I'll report back if and when I see a change.
Last edited by ledgemoor on Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

be64
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): March 25th, 1988

Re: Switching from Intermuscular to Subcutaneous injection

Postby be64 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:06 pm

I have done about every combination of injection manner and frequency and I think you will not notice much if any difference with the sub q vs IM the advantage of sub q is less pain and not poking hole into muscles.

I have an ongoing dispute on Dr.Crisler's forum over the high pressure nozzle effect. I use 5/16" 31g needles with no problem. I can guarantee you that there is not high pressure nozzle effect with small needles. I have said there several times that I'm going to make a video showing how testosterone comes out of a 31g but I haven't gotten around to doing it yet. Suffice it to say that the oil just goes drip, drip, drip. If you want to observe it yourself just load your syringe and without pulling it out of the vial turn the vial over and watch how it comes out of the needle as you inject it back I to the vial. Remember though that it will come out of your 28g with more force than a 31g. I would also suggest a 5/16" rather than 1/2" as it is less invasive. Also, Dr. Crisler finally agreed in a thread that injecting into the butt fat is better than the abdomen. For me there is no pain whatsoever injecting into the butt.
The secret to having everything is believing you already do!

sexymom
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 13th, 1998

Postby sexymom » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:24 am

Why is injecting in the rear better than the abdomen? My husband does abdomen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

be64
King bed

Postby be64 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:12 am

For me it hurts less and bruises less.

ledgemoor
Under the stars

Postby ledgemoor » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:46 pm

Thanks BE64. I'll rest easy about the jet effect. Let me add that I didn't get any bruising.

I agree, I don't see any big reason for subq to be more effective, except that it will be nice not worrying about injecting in a vein.

How much butt fat do we have? I'm a cyclist and pretty buff from the waist down. No so much in my belly :D.
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

Hoosier52
King bed

Postby Hoosier52 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:50 am

I did my first injection on Tuesday AM. I'm using 30ga 5/16 needle. It took a few minutes to load. The injection in my backside was virtually painless. Maybe a mosquito bite. Took about 20 seconds to inject .5ml. Next injection is Saturday. I did right side Tuesday, will do left side on Saturday. May even try the abdomen at some point, but thinking it might be more painful?

be64
King bed

Postby be64 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:26 pm

ledgemoor wrote:How much butt fat do we have?

Not much in my case. That's why I hold the skin away from the muscle when I inject.

ledgemoor
Under the stars

Postby ledgemoor » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:54 am

Thanks BE64.

Just an update -- at injection #3 in the belly now, and the last two were painless. No difference in effectiveness yet -- if anything it is working better. I like the more precise calibration the smaller cylinder affords, and not having to worry about getting any n a vein.

Question: In his video, Crisler implies that intermuscular injections damage the muscle, and the damage is cumulative as you do more and more injections. Can anyone provide details on this? Is the damage permanent, and what are the ramifications?

Thanks.

be64
King bed

Postby be64 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:11 am

My guess would be that poking holes into a muscle causes scar tissue when it heals. What the harm in this would be I don't know.

Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): September 24th, 2005

Postby 00807174 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:32 am

I inject my quads

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Return to “Male Testosterone Issues”