When aspirating, how often do you draw blood?

Low testosterone issues, impacts on health & marriage, treatments, etc.
ledgemoor
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 3rd, 1982

When aspirating, how often do you draw blood?

Postby ledgemoor » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:31 am

I know that you are supposed to try to draw blood up into the syringe when doing an IM injection. I had a really bad week sexually, and I learned that DW has not been doing this (and I can't see back there :-) ).

Has anyone ever drawn blood, and is it obvious? How often does it happen?

Thanks!
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

Hoosier52
King bed

Re: When aspirating, how often do you draw blood?

Postby Hoosier52 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:00 pm

I do SubQ. I do try to draw the syringe after I inject in the thigh. I don't think it's necessary if you're doing SubQ in the hip area.

On EcelMale.com a guy posted about injecting into his delt and must have hit a vein - Had a bad episode of about 10 minutes. The oil in the T goes to your lungs. ExcelMale has lots of good info on this as does the Peak Testosterone Forum.

If you DO draw blood, you are not supposed to inject from I've read because you are probably in a vein. Withdraw and re-inject.

tentsofpurple
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 4th, 2004

Postby tentsofpurple » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:15 pm

I aspirate and check for blood every time I inject him (I've forgotten maybe 3 times in the almost three years I've been injecting him) and I've never drawn blood. I'd think its pretty unusual to actually hit a blood vessel. From what they told us when they taught me to do the injections its not a huge deal if you hit a vessel, the testosterone is just absorbed a more quickly than if you get it in the muscle which could lead to a spike and then drop off but I think if that was the case you'd feel good or even better than normal for a bit and then go down hill not low in general.
Last edited by tentsofpurple on Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ledgemoor
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 3rd, 1982

Postby ledgemoor » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:17 pm

Thanks for the info Hooser. I didn't have any negative reaction after my injection if that's indeed what happened. I asked my doctor what would happen if you hit a vein, and he said that the testosterone would just not work. He could be wrong of course.

Purple, we were posting at the same time. Thanks for the info also. When I injected myself I never drew blood either. I've never had an episode like this last one.

It wasn't a sudden drop. I shoot on Saturday. Thurs nite I failed to get over the edge. It happens once in a while, so I wasn't too concerned. It got worse Friday and over the weekend. I took my weekly injection on Saturday again, was able to relieve myself on Monday, and had PIV with no problems this morning (Tues).

Otoh, I used to could skip a week without any big problems.
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

Return to “Male Testosterone Issues”