Low *free* T and symptoms

Low testosterone issues, impacts on health & marriage, treatments, etc.
Hoosier52
King bed

Re: Low *free* T and symptoms

Postby Hoosier52 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:53 am

I did inject SubQ. Last Total T level was 1100. If you've never tried it, "it's worth a shot." Most of the men of ExcelMale do SQ. Some inject in the upper arm and some along the outside of the hip.

reillyj
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 7th, 1981

Postby reillyj » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:22 am

I'll think about it and research it.

I'm wondering if i should put him on DIM? i have some and he's been on Optizinc for years. Not getting his E2 checked for a while. Obviously no signs of elevated E2 yet but he's 69 and does autobody and paint (his own shop) and he's been around chemicals for literally yrs... i don't want to inadvertently tank his E though....

Hoosier52
King bed

Postby Hoosier52 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:45 am

I was doing AI but stopped after my last blood work which showed that my E was like 14. Nurse Jill from Defy did my consult and told me to stop and only take it as I felt symptomatic. Seems like the new prevailing thought on ExcelMale, including the site owner,is to stay away from AI. The only way to know what you should or shouldn't do is to have it checked.

ledgemoor
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 3rd, 1982

Re: RE: Re: Low *free* T and symptoms

Postby ledgemoor » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:28 pm

DW and I both take DIM. We started when we started bHRT.
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

reillyj
Queen bed

Postby reillyj » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:10 pm

ledgemoor, just wanted you to know

i have been taking about 6 mg Boron and giving H 9 mg... well i upped mine (as i didn't see anything contradictory in literature except it can deplete B vitamins which i am already taking, along with vitamin D) to 9 mg and in other posts, i've written where i have a good drive and greatly enjoy the sensations but have been having a hard time O'ing, well after a couple days of 9 mg Boron, i had my normal sex drive but response during foreplay and IC was intense pleasure almost like one continuous O, in fact i did... twice.

I don't know if it was because of the Boron, or where i am in my cycle or who knows what?? I'm asking God for it to continue, though!!! :D

I am going to cycle it, as i've heard it could lose efficacy, so since we're not having sex today, didn't take any... Just thought i'd put that out there...

Also morning wood: H hasn't said anything about it, he's been on a month of Thrt. One 100 mg shot at the docs, then i'm doing twice weekly 50 mg. He's had 3 of those. I THINK libido is up slightly but i don't think he's had morning wood literally for years.

I am going to be patient (i'm not by nature AT ALL) and just tell myself it's only been a month on T, he's also getting low thyroid taken care of, he's 69, etc., but...i really want to be looking forward to possibly the best sex since all this went down hill about 15 yrs ago... also i am so looking forward to him just feeling better.

ledgemoor
Under the stars

Postby ledgemoor » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:23 am

Thanks for the update ^^^^!

I want to post more about your testosterone level and Kegel exercises later, but want to say CONGRATULATIONS on your multiple. Is this your first time? Life is so unfair. Women's sexuality just keeps improving with age, and it is a real struggle for us men -- the older we get the worse it gets it seems. We are still basking in the afterglow of DW's super performance two nites ago. We are staying with my parents, so have less than romantic sleeping arrangements :lol:. But there is just no stopping that girl! We are going to a nice hotel tonite ::alarm.

The Boron or whatever is still working for me. Still taking 6 mg/day. When we get home I will forward that second article you linked to to her. She complains now about all the stuff she takes. She agreed to try L-Citrulline, so I am going to concentrate on getting her to follow thru with that.

I am going to cycle it, as i've heard it could lose efficacy, so since we're not having sex today, didn't take any... Just thought i'd put that out there...
Interesting. It must have some druglike effect on libido and not merely fixing a nutritional deficiency. L-Citrulline is the same way. However, it's effects on preventing muscle soreness seem consistent, so I take it regularly for that.

Also morning wood: H hasn't said anything about it,
Reach over there in the morning and grab it! :D. It's too early to see any change. A couple more weeks at least. I saw slight but definite improvements in 6 weeks -- some morning erections. After 8 weeks we could do it again quite consistently. Then steady and noticible improvement for the next 3 months, then slow improvement for the next few months.

Take care. Here's to many more multiples!
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

reillyj
Queen bed

Postby reillyj » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:07 am

Well i remember having 2 years ago, LOL. But i suppose i could be multi-orgasmic in years past but we never pursued it which is fine. For some reason, it just felt THAT good the entire time. Wish we could figure out why/how and bottle it! I'm just fretting because as you know, at this age, everything isn't status quo but up and down, ebb and flow...which can be okay, i guess!

Has to be light years better from the almost sexless marriage we had because of his tremendous health issues. Thank you so much for again stressing that it will take time and we can look forward to things keeping on improving as the months go by. Plus we are improving his diet. We won't know where his optimal thyroid levels will be for at least a month or so..

BUT, i have already heard him asking if he could "have a shot" (meaning, expose "parts" of my body to him while i'm walking by..if you get my drift) so that is a good sign, LOL. Funny, i never ask him to do that :D

Well, your wife can try the Boron for a week and see if it helps her, if not, then she doesn't have to take it. Especially if she doesn't need any help...

Also this is kind of interesting about increasing NO. I think i'd rather try this than something like Arginine but i am also needing to be conservative as he's 69, has a multitude of health issues and is on these hormone replacement therapies

http://products.mercola.com/fermented-b ... d=97829899

JEM0121
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 18th, 1999

Postby JEM0121 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:33 pm

Ive been reading this thread and learning so much! :oops: About other supplements and what they do and how tricky for some people finding the balance is. I guess it makes me feel so fortunate that we got it right the first time when I got hormones. :oops:

reillyj wrote: Thank you so much for again stressing that it will take time and we can look forward to things keeping on improving as the months go by.

I really wanted to just say it does take time. One thing my doctor told me when I first got started with testosterone and I asked how soon I'd feel better. He told me not to look at it so much as a day to day improvement, but measure it in weeks. After the first week look back and see if you notice anything different. Better sleep. More energy. etc...day to day waiting to magically "feel better" and expecting an improvement overnight can be disheartening. I remember after the first week and calling my mom and saying "I cleaned my pantry out and my linen closet this week" :oops: I was so excited that I felt like DOING something and had the motivation. :D And the following week realizing I was spending an extra 1/2 hour at the gym. Or that I hadn't cried in two weeks. I guess the best way to say it is look back and measure where you guys came from. If you're seeing improvements take note and know that it IS an improvement!

ETA: I know this is the male testosterone forum, but there is still valuable info here for us women. :D

reillyj
Queen bed

DIM?

Postby reillyj » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:56 pm

Anyone run into problems taking DIM?

Don't really like supplementing unless it's really warranted and H already takes 50 mg Zinc balanced w/Copper and he just started T injections a month ago, got 100 mg injection at docs and i do the other injections (50 mg TWICE a week). He's 69, doc didn't order E2 tests and i will ask him at some point but not right now, i don't care for him at all and right now this early in the game don't want to rock the boat but also don't want my H experiencing E2 problems (either high or low!) idk if he has any symptoms of either....

Hoosier52
King bed

Re: DIM?

Postby Hoosier52 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:18 am

Unless you have the sensitive E test done, you are shooting in the dark and in danger of doing exactly what you are trying to avoid. Mine was high but crashed when I did AI (Anastrozole). After my last consult I stopped taking it. The Defy nurse said to only take it when I feel symptomatic.

ledgemoor
Under the stars

Postby ledgemoor » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:57 am

Thanks for sharing JEM0121. I presume you are using cream as most women do. Injections take even longer.

BUT, i have already heard him asking if he could "have a shot" (meaning, expose "parts" of my body to him while i'm walking by..if you get my drift) so that is a good sign, LOL. Funny, i never ask him to do that :D

Good news indeed. It sounds like the testosterone is starting to work. There is nothing better for men's eyesight than testosterone :lol:. Ask him to flash you -- it would be great for his male ego.

L-Citrulline is considered safe, and L-Arginine is not. However, like most natural stuff, the reports of the risks associated with L-Argenine are probably overblown. And L-Arginine seems to work better for some people, L-Citrulline better for others. I tried L-Argeninie, and it did nothing for me. I actually take a 2:1 mixture of L-Citrulline and Malic acid. The Malic acid supposedly helps the matabolism of the L-Citrulline, and seems particularly good for preventing muscle soreness.

Unfulfilled
Hammock
Date of your marriage (past or future): September 5th, 1989

Postby Unfulfilled » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:43 am

I’d like to change the subject back to Boron.

I started searching for this and it is totally overwhelming as to the massive number and types of Boron and complexes etc available. I am sure there are some brands that are higher auality etc than others.

The people here who habe tried Boron and it was effective, what brand and what type are you taking?

I see triple boron complex as well as borone citrate and even boron in liquid drops.

I want to start ad my Dr. Is curious and willing to do additional blood testing after I have been on boron for a couple months to see how my T and estradiol have changed (if at all). So I want to make sure I take enough dose and of a high quality manufacturer.

Also what dose are people taking and do you take the dose all at once or twice a day etc?

Hopefully this didn't hijack this thread too much!

reillyj
Queen bed

Postby reillyj » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:20 am

H and i take NOW Boron 3mg

I give H 9 mg and when i take 9 mg myself, i have a high libido.

I make sure to supplement with additional high quality B's (Jarrow B right is a good one) as i have heard that it can deplete certain B's.

JEM0121
Queen bed

Postby JEM0121 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:58 pm

ledgemoor wrote:Thanks for sharing JEM0121. I presume you are using cream as most women do. Injections take even longer.

I do the pellet. It's the only form of T I've tried. We discussed cream, but ultimately I decided to try the pellets. I have been happy with the results as we got the "dose" right the first time. Some people see an improvement in certain symptoms within a couple days. I'd say a week post implant is about when I really notice the difference.

ledgemoor
Under the stars

Postby ledgemoor » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:42 pm

I inject 1/2 cc subq of cyanocobalamin (B-12) per week. I get it from Canada. It costs much less than getting it in the USA. No prescription is required.

ledgemoor
Under the stars

Postby ledgemoor » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:51 pm

We both started on Zinc/copper and DIM right away. I have never heard of a guy having low estrogen unless he is on anastrozole. I would go ahead and take it and just watch for symptoms:
http://dosagemayvary.com/high-estrogen- ... s-for-men/

Also of interest in this article are different places to get discounted lab tests. He also makes a good case for twice-weekly injections to lessen estrogen conversion. Since I was having estrogen problems before doubling my DIM and decreasing my testosterone, I am going to try that again.

JEM0121
Queen bed

Postby JEM0121 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:11 pm

I am curious about this. I inject B-12 every week to two weeks. Really depends on how I'm feeling. My insurance does cover it, but like with many things there are ways to get it cheaper. I believe I inject 1ml?? ( I'd need to look)

I believe for a 3 months supply it's around $17 not including syringes.

reillyj
Queen bed

Postby reillyj » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:02 pm

ledgemoor wrote:We both started on Zinc/copper and DIM right away. I have never heard of a guy having low estrogen unless he is on anastrozole. I would go ahead and take it and just watch for symptoms:

Well this is exactly what i was wondering... i don't think DIM is anywhere near the strength that drug AI's are? Has anyone actually got low estrogen from it? I used it for a while and wasn't impressed at all w/it but idk, maybe my H would be but we have no tests as of yet, i'll ask the doc in a couple months.

I'm happy to do the twice weekly injection to try to avoid any bounces in E2 with him, it's NBD to do the shots now

reillyj
Queen bed

Estradiol...

Postby reillyj » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:01 pm

When to ask for the test?

H is only been on T shots about a month (2x weekly). He's 69. Endocrinologist is worthless, IMO. Only thing he was good for was he at least rx'd the TRT so i'm wondering when it's appropriate to do an E2 test and how often? As it is me who will be doing the asking..monitoring.

Hoosier52
King bed

Re: Estradiol...

Postby Hoosier52 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:50 pm

I had my first one done a month or two after I started injections. Be sure to get the sensitive estradiol test.

Return to “Male Testosterone Issues”