'ED" for female?!

Can't orgasm, pain during intercourse, etc.
shfa20
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): March 8th, 1986

'ED" for female?!

Postby shfa20 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:04 am

Hello friends,

Been gone awhile, but seem to be facing a new challenge and knew the best place for true advice! 8) We are in the empty nest stage(WOO WHOO!!! :D ) and enjoying increases to our intimacy in every way! However in the last two days DW has experienced what would equate to male ed. She has desire and arousal, but when we go for climax, there is nothing. Not even a start to one. She has o'd very easily 95% of our marriage. Any ideas on what would totally take away the clitoral response? I have even tried oral, which is usually a sure fire to the edge, but nothing. She is having pleasure and no pain, but no arousal either. Any advice? Prayers would also be appreciated!!
Learning new together is always the way to learn! :) Having the time of our lives at it together!!

mamame
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.

Re: 'ED" for female?!

Postby mamame » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:08 am

How old is your wife? On any kind of hormonal birth control? Other hormonal supplements or issues?

shfa20
Double

Postby shfa20 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:50 am

No hormonal supplements or birth control of any kind. Few vitamin supplements: Magnesium/calcium, fish oil, and ginger. She is 48 and has had a few pre-menopause issues, but not anything that hasn't been handled with progesterone cream and raspberry tea.
Learning new together is always the way to learn! :) Having the time of our lives at it together!!

tentsofpurple
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 4th, 2004

Postby tentsofpurple » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:40 am

I'm younger than your wife but I've had times like that as well. Some days its just not going to happen for me and sometimes it seems to be a period of time anywhere from a few days to a few weeks where no matter what I just can't. I refer to it as being broken. For me I think its tied at least in part to hormones or certain times in my cycles (but it doesn't happen every month). Its frustrating but its never been permanent so I just try not to dwell on it and enjoy things anyway until it comes back.

Nvr2Late
On the floor
Date of your marriage (past or future): February 9th, 2013

Postby Nvr2Late » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:12 pm

shfa20 wrote:No hormonal supplements or birth control of any kind. Few vitamin supplements: Magnesium/calcium, fish oil, and ginger. She is 48 and has had a few pre-menopause issues, but not anything that hasn't been handled with progesterone cream and raspberry tea.

I just thought I'd point this out: having elevated progesterone levels relative to the rest of the sex hormones prevents a woman from achieving orgasm.

Is she being tested regularly to make sure she's not getting too much progesterone? What form does she take and is it prescription form or OTC?

bballs
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 5th, 1996

Postby bballs » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:16 pm

Nvr2Late wrote:I just thought I'd point this out: having elevated progesterone levels relative to the rest of the sex hormones prevents a woman from achieving orgasm.

Is she being tested regularly to make sure she's not getting too much progesterone? What form does she take and is it prescription form or OTC?

I was going to mention this about progesterone also. Also - my DW at one point was taking an anti-histamine every day and it caused this.

Hopefully this is temporary for her. In the interim should could try some L-arginine and some Vitamin E.

Mico
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 28th, 1981

Postby Mico » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:26 pm

Information has been deleted by user
Last edited by Mico on Tue May 24, 2016 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shfa20
Double

Postby shfa20 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:05 pm

We are thinking she was under more stress then she realized with handling a family party. All is well now ;) I will let her know about the progesterone. She does take the prescription kind and doesn't use it unless she feels it's necessary. She is going in next week for a check up, so will have her mention to the dr and see what's what about maybe testing again. Thank you all for the help you offered.

Return to “Female Orgasm Difficulties”