Progesterone?

Erectile disfunction, premature ejaculation, delayed orgasm, etc.
OldMarriedLady
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 7th, 1983

Re: Progesterone?

Postby OldMarriedLady » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:52 pm

Broke a 2-week sexless streak tonight, after 3 days of applying progesterone to DH and him taking his first injection of testosterone yesterday in over a month. What I found interesting is that not only was he able to get a good firm erection, his testicles felt larger and heavier than they have in a long time. I'm not sure whether to attribute that to the progesterone, or a 14-day buildup of semen. :oops: Maybe a little of both.
"When you love them, they drive you crazy - because they know they can."
(From the 1987 movie "Moonstruck", written by John Patrick Shanley)

ledgemoor
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 3rd, 1982

Postby ledgemoor » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:03 pm

It's the progrsterone. Semen is not stored in the testicles.

Mine got bigger too, but it took a couple weeks iirc. If he is growing already, he's gonna be hung like a bull in a few weeks :-).
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

OldMarriedLady
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 7th, 1983

Postby OldMarriedLady » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:11 pm

ledgemoor wrote:I was taking half of a woman's dose, 10 mg per day.

That's interesting, since my dose has been 100mg per day for the last 5 years. My last blood work showed my progesterone at 2.93 ng/mL, with the range for postmenopausal women shown as less than .5 ng/mL. For menstruating women, the levels range from .9 to 23.9 ng/mL depending on which "phase" of menstruation they were in (luteal, follicular, or ovulation). My doctor hasn't seen my results yet so I'll find out, when I talk to him in January, whether I'm high or low or normal. Since I honestly forget to take my progesterone about every other night, I've probably been on the equivalent of 50mg per day. My cream comes in a "click" type dispenser, and I am supposed to put on 10 "clicks". I have been giving DH 3 clicks (30mg).

His bHRT doctor does check his progesterone level, although indirectly - he checks his pregnanediol. ::huh I had to look up what exactly pregnanediol is, and found this:

Pregnanediol is an inactive product that forms when the body breaks down the hormone progesterone. A test can be done to measure the amount of pregnanediol in urine. The urine test offers an indirect way to measure progesterone levels in the body.

DH's pregnanediol was 76.6 ug/mg CR, in a range of 30-400, so he's pretty low.

I don't know if this is an effect from the progesterone or not, but we had sex last night and did all our usual stuff - I didn't do anything differently than I normally do (and I was the one who initiated, so going into it he wasn't all that interested), but when I was giving him OS as foreplay like we usually do, it became extremely intense for him - I've never heard or seen him react so strongly to my efforts. :D He later told me that he wasn't even able to speak (to warn me that he was going to finish orally) and that he thought his head was going to explode. It could be the progesterone, or it could be that he has started back on his testosterone since 9/29 (he's had 3 shots since then). Or it could be that I'm just really talented. ::rotfl

Afterwards I reminded him that according to his urologist, we're too old to be even TRYING to have sex. :roll: :lol: I sure hope something like this can happen again, because it might make him a little more receptive and willing to try when I suggest sex.
"When you love them, they drive you crazy - because they know they can."
(From the 1987 movie "Moonstruck", written by John Patrick Shanley)

reillyj
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 7th, 1981

Postby reillyj » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:13 pm

ledgemoor, i didn't know whether to include this in my Testosterone thread because we talked about it there, or post here, so i think i'll post here hoping you'll see, because it's strictly about Progesterone.

You asked if H was still on it, i asked him and he said he hasn't used it in a couple wks..just forgot. I don't know whether he got any results from it anyway but i told him to start up again.

Exactly how many milligrams a day are you using? Ours is Source Naturals and on their site, they say 1/4 teaspoon is 22 mg.

i don't want to OD (or under, either) so i think i told him to use 1/8 teaspoon a day when he was using it....

Also are you rotating sites? i told him to apply to the testicles.

Also exactly how many days before you really noticed a difference? Maybe he'll have more reaction now that he's been on T shots a full month...

ledgemoor
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 3rd, 1982

Postby ledgemoor » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:04 pm

Mine comes in a pump container. I pumped out a ribbon on a piece of cardboard with a whole pump, and used that as a gauge. 1 pump is 1.3 grams of cream which is 20 mg of progesterone.

I started with half the recommend women's dosage (so 10 mg) as per the article the referenced earlier. It reacted surprisingly fast -- the next time we made love, which couldn't have been more than three days.

It lost effectiveness after about a week or two. DW thought I was getting too much, so I am at 1/3 pump or about 7 mg, and it works great. I think the golden rule of HRT applies here -- better too little than too much.

It took about a week for me to notice better urine flow. That continued to improve for about another two weeks. I'd say I'm pretty much normal in that respect now. I never had to use Flowmax or anything like that, but it was starting to take me a long time to get everything out.

I rotate from testicles to penis to left belly to right belly. I think this is important. DW uses cream, and the doctor said it was important to rotate sites. It will apparently stop absorbing if you don't. I forgot to ask the doctor about injectible, but will remember my next appt.

In your husband's case, he may not notice any great sexual improvement until he gets his testosterone up. Progesterone helped my erections and preejaculate a lot, but I doubt it would help if I were low in testosterone. A key to successful HRT is balance. I'm still blown away that doctors aren't routinely prescribing progesterone to their TRT patients. You'd never give a woman testosterone or estrogen without some progesterone. Or at least it would be rare.

Feel free to ask me anything. I usually check all the new posts every few days at the longest, and check PMs every day. Praying for your husband.
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

Return to “Male Orgasm Difficulties/Erectile Dysfunction”