Help with prolonging ejaculation

Erectile disfunction, premature ejaculation, delayed orgasm, etc.
sambo
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 10th, 1978

Help with prolonging ejaculation

Postby sambo » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:10 am

I have not been on the boards in quite a while, so this may be addressed somewhere already. If so could someone in the know please post where I can find helpful threads?
DH has been having difficulty with, for lack of a better term, duration. From time of beginning of PIV to ejaculation at best is a minute or two. We took this as a problem with premature ejaculation, but that’s probably not correct as he is able to make it to intercourses ok-he just can’t last long at all.
We have tried two possible solutions. First I encouraged him to go to his GP and have his testosterone level checked. From all I had read he had many symptoms of low T. His GP, after bloodwork was done told him his thyroid was low, he needed meds to correct that, and there was no need to pursue the testosterone issue as correcting his thyroid would correct that. But I’m thinking it hasn’t, as he still has a lot of the symptoms of low T. But he is sticking to the GP’s word and will not go further.
He did however agree to go to a “men’s clinic” to see what they would say. He signed up for injections that would prolong his erections, which sounded like the perfect solution. What I didn’t realize was this didn’t prolong his ejaculation. He still only lasted a minute or so with that and then stayed erect. Which for both of us was kind of like no finish. So we abandoned that approach.
So, any suggestions at all for us, or am I just looking for something that not attainable?
I will add we are both in our early 60’s. DH is very loving and always makes sure I am pleasured.
Thank you!
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

be64
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): March 25th, 1988

Re: Help with prolonging ejaculation

Postby be64 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:02 pm

I have experienced the same problem. Three things helped me. Paxil, a vibrator on my penis and age.

First the Paxil. While not necessarily an ideal thing to do doctors prescribe Paxil for men with rapid ejaculation. It really helps slow a man down but can have unwanted side effects.

Something that worked very well for me was training myself to last by having my wife use a vibrator on my penis then when I was about to lose control I’d pull away. Eventually I got to the point where I could keep the vibrator on for a long time without losing control. I think doing this trains a man to experience pleasure while maintaining control. The vibrator provides less intense stimulation than intercourse. I think for me at least it got me used to penis stimulation while maintaining control. Lastly, how old is your husband? Age is great at reducing penis sensitivity thus allowing a man to last forever. However that isn’t a choice you can just make. It takes a long time to become effective.
The secret to having everything is believing you already do!

applenut
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): October 29th, 1999

Postby applenut » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:53 am

To help him learn to delay orgasm/ejaculation, be64 already mentioned the most common method--learning to "edge." i.e. for him to learn to come close to the point-of-no-return (not too close), and then back off till the urge dies down, then repeat at least several times before he allows himself to orgasm. It's important for him to approach the "edge" slowly, otherwise it's more difficult to avoid going over the edge (orgasm).

Another tip that would help (if he is willing), would be for him to do regular kegel exercises. This will give him better muscle control, which in turn, will help with being able to "edge" without going "over the edge" (orgasm). As an incentive, not only will he have better control over his orgasms, they will be more intense (increased muscle strength does that).

Apart from that, the only other things that come to mind are his sexual frequency... If it's been a long time since his last orgasm, he will find it more difficult to delay an orgasm... And possibly (I don't know that this would work), if you used a strong vibrator on him, he might be able to desensitize his penis... but maybe not. There's a lot more to be gained from the first two tips (learning to edge & him doing kegels).

farmer1
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 28th, 1996

Postby farmer1 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:37 am

I've historically been a little quick on the trigger. Overall, my wife likes it that way. She does not get much out of PIV sex and I almost always take care of her first. Which by the way I think seeing her orgasm raises my excitement level which of course leads to a quicker O for me.

That said here are some thoughts:
-Take care of him first with oral or your hands. Might have to play with the timing to see how quickly you can get him back up.
-Go for round two when possible.
-More frequent sex.
-Have him try a penis sleeve to reduce sensation. I suspect this initially might boost excitement the first few times for him but if used repeatedly could help.
-Desensitivity sprays/creams.
-No excitement from you. I've found that on the occasions my wife is not into it I can go much longer. Obviously this is not a great long term answer, but it proved to me I could go much longer when we changed the circumstances.
-Embrace it. My wife enjoys my orgasm. When I take a while to get there she loses interest or gets sore and feels like she's the one who has failed. Sometimes we even see how fast we can get me there.

Oklahoma
Hammock
Date of your marriage (past or future): March 3rd, 1976

Postby Oklahoma » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:43 am

The first one for me, is still all to quick, especially if it's been several days. I have never been able to control it much.
That's why the "go for round two" is something we always do!
And, sometimes it's 3 or more....which means it at least that many for DW too!

Return to “Male Orgasm Difficulties/Erectile Dysfunction”