How fast can you get there?

Erectile disfunction, premature ejaculation, delayed orgasm, etc.

Men, under normal circumstances, how quickly can you reach orgasm during intercourse, if speed is your goal?

Under a minute
22%
1-2 minutes
27%
3-4 minutes
19%
5 minutes
8%
6-10 minutes
9%
10-15 minutes
5%
15-20 minutes
2%
20-25 minutes
2%
25-30 minutes
1%
30-35 minutes
0%
35-40 minutes
1%
40-45 minutes
0%
45-60 minutes
0%
more than an hour
3%

Total votes: 634

Paul B
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 27th, 1985
Location: The Inland Empire - north of Spokane, south of Canada

How fast can you get there?

Postby Paul B » Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:51 pm

Too slow? Some men find it difficult or impossible to climax during intercourse. How quickly can you reach orgasm during intercourse, if speed is your goal?
Paul
Marriage and Sex Educator ~ My passion is better marriages and better married sex lives.

The Generous Husband
The XY Code - Attempting to explain men to women.
Follow me on Twitter @themarriagebed

BoG

Postby BoG » Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:17 pm

I voted.... but then, why would any guy want to have speed as a goal?

2 in 1

Postby 2 in 1 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:09 pm

For me, position is everything if speed is a requirement. (Sometimes speed is a requirement :roll:)

If I am on my knees and lean back, so that my thigh muscles are tight to the point of burning, it's already starting to happen.

Standing up where I am leaning back to the point where my thighs are burning, it's a done deal.

Otherwise, the other 95% of the time when speed is no issue, I can hold out longer on my back than on my front (any day).

itsme

Postby itsme » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:49 pm

Hey there,

Is there a poll about this for women? I am interested in what the average is...

:D

KyWildcat
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 29th, 1990

Postby KyWildcat » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:53 pm

I voted but there are a number of factors that could make that number change...
Marriage will show your immaturity and selfishness faster than anything on earth. You either grow up or grow apart. It's your choice.

© A Grown Up Marriage
TMB Copyright and Fair Use

kaycee

Postby kaycee » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:56 pm

I agree with BoG---- "I voted.... but then, why would any guy want to have speed as a goal?"

We have a few quickies if that is all we have time. But I believe that the coming down time is every bit as important as the foreplay and climax. So why rush it as you miss out on both the foreplay and the coming down time.

Lothar

Postby Lothar » Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:38 pm

If I've had an hour of foreplay, I might not last more than 10 seconds once intercourse actually starts... but I assume you're talking about, starting from unaroused, how long it takes to go all the way to orgasm, in which case, it's 9 minutes (I've been exactly 9 minutes late to class with a huge smile on my face more than once.)

JOJO

Postby JOJO » Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:54 pm

I just regulate myself to whatever time is necessary.

Paul B
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 27th, 1985
Location: The Inland Empire - north of Spokane, south of Canada

Postby Paul B » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:17 pm

itsme wrote:Hey there,

Is there a poll about this for women? I am interested in what the average is...

There is a poll about this, but it's in an odd place because of the post it is attached to. Check it out here.

<>< Paul

Ace5136

Postby Ace5136 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:32 pm

I am 1 of the older men here. For me it can take sometime. I've had recent prostate surguries. These have resulted in having the "sensation" but no orgasm...or should I say ejaculation. I had a problem with continence (urinary) and had to something. I was getting up 3-4 times per night to go to bathroom. This predented a real problem in My daily lifestyle.

Of course I am "well beyond " the days of creating a family, so that was not an issue. The Dr. suggested that this should be the first step in working to "fix" the problem. As I was told this is a natural problem that many men encounter as they get older. My wife has been very understanding through it all. I must admit that I do miss that feeling of liquid "rushing out"...It does help make things easy to cleanup!!!

Always Praying

we-is2shy

Postby we-is2shy » Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:37 am

One more classification to vote for would be 'never'.
I often have to quit because my wife is very tired of the intercourse.

I suffer from inhibited ejaculation and have much trouble reaching a climax.

Some of you derisively asked "why speed would be a goal for a man"
I'd love to orgasm in under 20 minutes or even in two minutes.

Place your self in this situation:
You are easily aroused have NO problem attaining and sustaining an erection for as long as you want.
Intercourse is pleasurable.
You can reach 80 to 90 percent of the distance to orgasm but NO further.
You eventually quit in frustration. Your wife hating how long you take trying.
You are totally unsatisfied and have uncomfortable side effects for the better part of the next day.
You are now even more easily aroused and have about as much chance of relief the next time.
And there appears to be no treatment and not even much recognition of this condition.

kaycee

Postby kaycee » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:02 am

we-is2shy--- Will manual from her or masterbation be a way for relief. I will admit once as a single man I was at a drive in when the young lady wanted to do oral on me. After a long time I had not yet climaxed and she got really tired of trying. She really wanted to shallow for me. We did manual for a while and when that didn't work she did oral a while longer. We finally stopped both frustrated and only later was I able to relief myself alone. That is the one time I can relate to your story. That is how I handled it.

we-is2shy

Postby we-is2shy » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:15 am

kaycee wrote:we-is2shy--- Will manual from her or masterbation be a way for relief. I will admit once as a single man I was at a drive in when the young lady wanted to do oral on me. After a long time I had not yet climaxed and she got really tired of trying. She really wanted to shallow for me. We did manual for a while and when that didn't work she did oral a while longer. We finally stopped both frustrated and only later was I able to relief myself alone. That is the one time I can relate to your story. That is how I handled it.

No, if intercourse doesn't work neither will oral or manual.
I find oral is the least effective operation anyway, fun diversion but doesn't advance the goal much.

thermodynamic

Yeay! I´m not alone!

Postby thermodynamic » Thu May 26, 2005 4:34 pm

Sorry guys! Didn´t mean to offend anyone by rejoyceing (how do you spell that??) (swedish...) over your missfortune!!! ::sorry Anyway, this is exactly what I´ve been looking for! We´ve experienced this problem for some time now (months, not years...) Like some of you guys I have no problem "getting up" or "staying up". It´s just that even if it´s really great and I´m getting really close to orgasm I just make a great, big, HALT! when I think it´s just "around the corner"... Allthough I orgasm sometimes it´s far from everytime and my DW is feeling more and more worthless, thinking it´s her fault... ::cb I´ve told her over and over again that she´s not the problem but she seems convinced that she has become too "wide" or something after five pregnancies and deliveries.
I´m "only" 37 so it seems a bit too early to be getting this kind of problem because of age... :roll: Maybe I´m wrong...
Anyway, I´d really like to hear what you guys have to say!!!
God Bless!
::two

we-is2shy

Re: Yeay! I´m not alone!

Postby we-is2shy » Sat May 28, 2005 9:02 pm

thermodynamic wrote:Sorry guys! Didn´t mean to offend anyone by rejoyceing (how do you spell that??) (swedish...) over your missfortune!!! ::sorry Anyway, this is exactly what I´ve been looking for! We´ve experienced this problem for some time now (months, not years...) Like some of you guys I have no problem "getting up" or "staying up". It´s just that even if it´s really great and I´m getting really close to orgasm I just make a great, big, HALT! when I think it´s just "around the corner"... Allthough I orgasm sometimes it´s far from everytime and my DW is feeling more and more worthless, thinking it´s her fault... ::cb I´ve told her over and over again that she´s not the problem but she seems convinced that she has become too "wide" or something after five pregnancies and deliveries.
I´m "only" 37 so it seems a bit too early to be getting this kind of problem because of age... :roll: Maybe I´m wrong...
Anyway, I´d really like to hear what you guys have to say!!!
God Bless!
::two

You describe the problem very well.

at 37 you are young i only started to have this problem at about age 45.

My wife was sure it was her that wasn't stimulating or attractive enough, but now after much reassurance understands it is MY problem.

thebigfish
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 17th, 1978

Postby thebigfish » Sat May 28, 2005 11:37 pm

I used to have PE. I was a minute man. Since my wife's affair a year ago now I can go as long as we want. What would you call that? Shock therapy? :shock: I don't recommend that path to cure PE but it's just one of those things where God works everything together for good. We both enjoy intercouse SO much better. ::two
thebigfish

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:43 am

About 7 seconds. This includes time for taking off my underwear. Am I the perfect lover or what?

godsgraceforyou

Great resource!

Postby godsgraceforyou » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:04 pm

There is a book called "Sex Over Forty" and it was wonderful for my husband and I and answered a lot of questions and brought comfort to us. I am 46, he is 57. When we got married, I was so hurt that he would not get an erection unless I rubbed him, and sometimes he couldn't keep it up and other times he couldn't [ejaculate]. I felt really bad about it, and thought he was not visually stimulated by me. After reading the book together, we were relieved to find out that most men over 40 need manual stimulation to get hard, and impotence and not needing to come everytime is normal, not abnormal. It had great tips for bringing life back into our lovemaking too, and adapting to this getting old thing. I would reccommend it!

LauraI

What can we DO?

Postby LauraI » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:21 pm

I was glad to see discussion of delayed ejaculation on here as I can hardly find anyone who has ever heard of such a thing.

My husband and I have been married for just over a year. We discovered on our honeymoon that I have vaginismus, and I worked very very hard to overcome this. Six months and a LOT of work later, we finally get to the point where *I'm* mostly okay and discover by a cruel twist of fate that HE has delayed ejaculation. What kind of mix is THAT?

So sex is very frustrating for us both. I have to prep for it so the vaginismus won't be an issue, at least to get us started. This irritates him because he wants sex to be spontaneous and not planned, and it HAS to be somewhat planned or he can't get in... THEN, we finally get things going and it just goes on and on and on for what seems like forever until I just can't bear it anymore and am in so much pain that after like 45 minutes we have to stop, and I have to finish him off manually and we just never make any progress with the other. This is also a problem because we want children!!!

We're both on the older side for being newlyweds (I'm 30, he's 37) and so our biological clocks are ticking and we don't have ten years to work this problem out!

Sex is so frustrating AND time-consuming for us both that we're down to only even trying like once a month now because when we did it more frequently it resulted in NOTHING.

Does anyone have any idea what we can do to overcome this??? How can he orgasm sooner before I'm in such terrible pain we have to quit??

dr.mom

Postby dr.mom » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:25 pm

Can you try getting him aroused manually or orally first to the point where is he almost 'there' and then attempt prenetration?

grace

Return to “Male Orgasm Difficulties/Erectile Dysfunction”