Time-release melatonin

Erectile disfunction, premature ejaculation, delayed orgasm, etc.
ledgemoor
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 3rd, 1982

Time-release melatonin

Postby ledgemoor » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:42 pm

It is well-known that sufficient and proper sleep is a contributor to good testosterone levels in men and women, and that low testosterone interferes with the ability to sleep. So we have a Catch-22 situation :(.

Melatonin, a hormone that causes sleepiness, is well known as a natural sleep aid, is widely used by travelers to overcome jet lag, and is readily available. I have used it for years when I have trouble falling asleep. But sometimes, especially lately, I've had no problem falling asleep, but would awaken early in the morning and have trouble going back to sleep. I would take some when this happened, and it would sometimes, but not always allow me to go back to sleep and awaken refreshed.

I was visiting someone overnight and asked if they had a melatonin tablet they could give me. They gave me a time-release tablet, which I had never tried. I fell asleep and had a great night's sleep, even though I was in a strange bed and the sun was setting about a half-hour earlier than home.

I also noticed that the sleep was more natural. I wasn't in as deep a sleep as regular melatonin can put you in. Sometimes I took regular melatonin, woke up to to urinate, and was in such a deep sleep you had to fight to gain enough consciousness to get out of bed and walk to the can. You could tell it was an artificially-induced sleep.

Anyway, I have been taking time-release melatonin as needed since December, and have been very satisfied with the results. I stop taking it when I tend to sleep in, and start taking it again when I start to awake and have trouble going back to sleep.

The brand I got is Source Naturals. I don't think brand much matters. I take half of a 3mg tablet.

We also got a free sample of something called Tranquil Sleep by Stress-Relax. It has melatonin, L-Theanine, and 5-HTP. They worked, and merit further investigation of the timed release melatonin ever fails me.

Sexually, the result has been great. I wasn't having many problems in bed, but have noticed that my morning erections are phenomenal. I can feel my pulse in my penis. It's great!
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

Learning1
Hammock
Date of your marriage (past or future): February 15th, 2014

Re: Time-release melatonin

Postby Learning1 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:23 pm

When DH has a red eye flight and wants to sleep on the plane he takes 3mg of Melatonin. I do not know if it is time release or not. He also will take valerian root capsule which I believe is 450mg.
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

ledgemoor
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 3rd, 1982

Postby ledgemoor » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:41 pm

Probably not time release. Fast-acting is better for jet lag. They even make sublingual melatonin for fast results.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

ShaunTheSalvo
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 25th, 2001

Postby ShaunTheSalvo » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:07 am

I'm a chronic insomniac, and have used melatonin now and then. Sometimes it works, and sometimes I may as well eat a biscuit.

I use St John's Wort as well, for a depression condition I have. I also have Tourettes, and take prescription meds for that (and I hate them).

I find alternating between melatonin and Valerian is helpful.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

doug-h
Fell out of ...
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 20th, 1982

Postby doug-h » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:20 am

I have never taken melatonin, but when I was in the service, we would get benadryl from the medics to help us sleep on flights. If you can sleep on a pallet of equipment, in the cargo hold of a C130 in flight, you can sleep.anywhere.

I wouldn't use it on a regular basis, but if you have a big day tomorrow, and can't close your eyes tonight, it is pretty effective.

Best way for me to go to sleep at a decent hour, is to get up at 4:30-5:00.
After sex embraces also knock me out almost immediately.

SquarePants
California King
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 10th, 2005

Postby SquarePants » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:12 am

Melatonin makes me feel depressed after taking it for a while. I’ve also found that taking 0.25 mg has virtually the same effect as taking 5 mg. I read a study that had the same conclusion. Their lowest dose was 1/3 mg. If I do take melatonin for a short time, I now always make sure that I’m taking a very small dose.

The sublingual tablets always seem to have vitamin B12 added, and they give me rebound insomnia in the middle of the night.

Benadryl is the active ingredient in all over the counter sleep medicines. It has the benefit of treating your allergy symptoms.

ShaunTheSalvo
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 25th, 2001

Postby ShaunTheSalvo » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:23 pm

Actually - on the subject of sex and sleep - it's funny but my DW and I both find having sex tends to energise us - especially her. After sex, she is relaxed and feels great, but not sleepy. She'll happily get up and go do the washing or other housework.
As for me, it can take me a little while to recover (sometimes I get aftershocks :) ), but I don't fit the stereotype of the guy who O's and then rolls over and goes to sleep. I'll lie in bed and read or listen to music, but usually not go straight to sleep.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Return to “Male Orgasm Difficulties/Erectile Dysfunction”