Erection Formula: DopaBean, Pantethine and More

Erectile disfunction, premature ejaculation, delayed orgasm, etc.
Hoosier52
King bed

Erection Formula: DopaBean, Pantethine and More

Postby Hoosier52 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:42 am

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/forum/i ... pic=9644.0

Found this interesting information over on the Peak Testosterone Forum:

The neurotransmitter that carries the sexual message is acetylcholine (ACh). ACh also seems to control sexual behavior through its activity in the brain.
For women, ACh is also a very important part of sexual function.
One way to safely and effectively enhance ACh levels is to take supplements of choline, along with vitamin B5, (pantethine)
So that the body will manufacture more Ach.

This is what I have been taking and it works if: Your T, E2, SHBG, DHT, and others are in a good place.

Dopa-Mind: first to block MAO-B (dopa inhibit),
Dopa-Bean (Macuna pruriens)
Tyrosine
Doctors Best Brain Enhancers (choline),
Pantethine
L-Citrulline

If you raise Dopamine and Nitric Oxide, Libido and Especially Erection Quality go way up.

[MODERATOR'S CAUTION: If you have any medical condition or are on any medication, always ask your physician first!]
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 03:47:06 pm by PeakT »

doug-h
Hammock
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 20th, 1982

Re: Erection Formula: DopaBean, Pantethine and More

Postby doug-h » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:08 am

Some of the information on those sites can be pretty misleading, or even ignorrant.

ACh is probably the most common neurotransmitter in the human body. Certainly, it is involved in sexual functions, but it is part of just about every other bodily function. It is quite literally involved at every level, both neuron to neuron, or neuron to muscle cell. I think it would be unlikely to find anyone who is deficient in any way, that still had muscle control to walk, sign their name, etc.

I would be very cautious in trying to alter anything in the CNS. Simple fact of the matter is that enough is just right, and more than enough can create issues. If you can walk, chew gum, etc, then you already have the right amount of ACh.

This is not one of those "more is better" things.

Hoosier52
King bed

Postby Hoosier52 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:51 am

Did you read the thread? Peak Testosterone is one of the better sites I've come across.

doug-h
Hammock

Postby doug-h » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:44 am

I read thru some of it, and as I said, it is information scattered among wrong concepts and ideas. Neorotransmitters are not hormones, and do not behave the way you might expect. There are very specific agonist/antagonist reactions taking place every single time a neuron fires. Specific diseases that exhibit incorrect relationships, bad receptor process, etc are parkinson type diseases.

Nerve agent poisoning also directly attacks the ACh and AChe processes by preventing AChe from bonding with a receptor. Organophosphate pesticides, as well as many cleaing solvents, etc also attack the same processes.

I don't pretend to be an expert, and what expertise I had is 20 years old, but i do know that short of specific ilnesses, you're not going to see any "change" or improvement, by augmenting those processes. They are some of the most studied in the human body, and they have not figured out how to do more than minimally relieve some of the symptoms of a few of the disease processes.

Hoosier52
King bed

Postby Hoosier52 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:16 pm

Found this article about acetylcholine decreasing as we age

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... x/abstract

Also found this article(one of several)

http://drpugen.com/restoring-sexual-function.html

"Acetylcholine and Arousal

Arousal is determined and initiated by acetylcholine. Low acetylcholine levels are known to decrease cognitive functioning, especially memory, attention, and creativity. People with acetylcholine deficiencies may find themselves unable to concentrate and focus on sex. A loss of acetylcholine particularly affects sexual arousal. Acetylcholine also regulates internal moisture. Low levels can cause dryness, affecting vaginal lubrication in women—which leads to lowered desire for sex. Lower moisture levels can also adversely affect semen volume in men."

Thoughts?

doug-h
Hammock

Postby doug-h » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:54 pm

my thoughts on that are that if you wish to pursue that angle, in the hopes of seeing some improvement in sexuality(either male or female) would be that you are almost certainly throwing your money away, unless you have specific knowledge of a deficiency.

This is not an area that has been explored to any degree. If you search for scientific data relating to l-arginine, for example, you will find the normal data that accompanies all supplements which have some benefit to sexuality, by the very people who are trying to profit on it. I find most of those "studies" suspect, to say the least, but there is also reams of scientific data compiled from independent sources, as well as mountains of anecdotal data, which support it's use in many cases.
Here is a compiled list of some of the studies, conducted with at least some degree of scientific accuracy, on arginine suplementation.
https://examine.com/supplements/arginine/

There is an obvious lacking in any study information relating to choline supplementation, and that which I was able to locate, demonstrated negative results in most cases.
Here is a compiled list of some of the studies, conducted with at least some degree of scientific accuracy, on choline suplementation.
https://examine.com/supplements/choline/

There is an obvious difference in both the volume of data, as well as whether or not the studies prove the suplements to be effective.

For my money, it's a no brainer. There is not any data supporting it's use, by anyone who was not in a position to gain financially from its sale. If you know of any. please link to it.

I seldom recommend wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acetylcholine https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parasympa ... ous_system for anything technical, but they did do a very good job of compiling information on acetycholine, and the parasympathetic nervous system(which is where the benefits you listed take place). Even with my training, it gets pretty technical, but it is accurate inasmuch as I remember my training.

Nvr2Late
Fell out of ...
Date of your marriage (past or future): February 9th, 2013

Postby Nvr2Late » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:12 am

Just one little tidbit of info. I began taking Standard Process Choline a few months ago after reading an article in a Hashimoto's blog about methylation. I noticed a distinct raise in my libido. Perhaps I had a bit of a deficiency. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

doug-h
Hammock

Postby doug-h » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:47 am

Thanks.
Thats good to know.

Hopefully some others will chime in as well. I can be convinced, but not by someone who has a financial interest.

Hoosier52
King bed

Postby Hoosier52 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:52 am

I received all of these supplements from Swanson this week. I will start off with one and see how it works. I chose the Avena Sativa to start with. It is supposed to help unbind testosterone. I will proceed with caution. If the Avena works, I will try the choline supplement. The fella who originally posted this formula at Peak Testosterone said he only uses all of the supplements when he is going to be intimate. According to him, the results are dramatic.

I have also started TRT injections. I am in my 3rd week.

Hoosier52
King bed

Postby Hoosier52 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:53 am

Nvr2Late wrote: I began taking Standard Process Choline a few months ago

What type of choline supplement are you using. Dosage?

Nvr2Late
Fell out of ...
Date of your marriage (past or future): February 9th, 2013

Postby Nvr2Late » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:50 am

Standard Process Choline. One 175mg tablet daily.

Hoosier52
King bed

Postby Hoosier52 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:05 am

I started the Avena Sativa (400mg) yesterday. It is supposed to unbind T and also act as a mild libido boost. We'll see.

marriedandlovingit
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): September 29th, 2006

Re: RE: Re: Erection Formula: DopaBean, Pantethine and More

Postby marriedandlovingit » Mon May 23, 2016 11:00 pm

Hoosier52 wrote: The fella who originally posted this formula at Peak Testosterone said he only uses all of the supplements when he is going to be intimate. According to him, the results are dramatic.

I'm just wondering if the TRT effects would mask or swamp any chance of noting a quantifiable effect of the supplements or visa versa. That is to say, if you feel better, how will you differentiate between the effects of the two treatments? Which one helped? To what extent? Experiments require a control in order to quantify the results. Where is the control in this experiment? I'm not slamming your process. I'm genuinely interested in the outcome. But I'd like to be able to trust the findings.
Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: ... Hebrews 13:4 KJV

Hoosier52
King bed

Re: RE: Re: Erection Formula: DopaBean, Pantethine and More

Postby Hoosier52 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:42 pm

I suggest that you check out the original post from Peak Testosterone website. They have a sticky on this. The guy who started it says that it works very well for him.

Return to “Male Orgasm Difficulties/Erectile Dysfunction”