Should I be worried?

Erectile disfunction, premature ejaculation, delayed orgasm, etc.
Redsman
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 10th, 2006

Should I be worried?

Postby Redsman » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:46 pm

Is low t something that happens over time (weeks, months)? Here is why I ask. I used to be able to maintain a solid erection, before during and after orgasm (on my end). Now, I'm finding it harder to get it up, maintain it, and after O, I go soft within what feels like seconds. Esp after piv and an O on my end, we used to be able to keep going so she could as well. Now, we usually have to switch to ms on her. My wife is VERY beautiful, and I have no problems getting mentally and emotionally turned on. She bought some new panties the other day, and I only got hard after I started to touch her butt, no erection by visual stimulation only.

I'm 38, 6'0, about 180-185. Stress relating to being a DH,dad, Youth Pastor, but nothing abnormal ... On BP meds, Wellbutrin (about 1.5 years now). Never had the issue before, only started to take place in the last month or so.

Are there any other signs to look for? No known family history.

Thanks.

Job29Man
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 2nd, 1980

Re: Should I be worried?

Postby Job29Man » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:46 pm

Sounds pretty normal to me. Maintaining an erection after an O is not common... I think, especially as one reaches 40 and onwards ... I think.
Wanting to become like Job, as described in the Bible, the book of Job chapter 29. Hence the screen name.

SeekingChange
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 17th, 1994

Postby SeekingChange » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:12 pm

Has your frequency been up this past month? I would think if you are ejaculating more often, that could be the difference in your post-erection.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, find comfort, survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years...then she did something new.

My Story

Redsman
King bed

Postby Redsman » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:54 am

@Job29Man

I found out from my dad yesterday that he has had issues with low t the last 6 years. Is low t hereditary? He has been on androgel that last 6 years, and the max dose the last 6 months. according to him, there has been no change in his t, so he is going to a urologist to see what's going on. I talked to him about what's been happening with me, and he recommended a blood test to check for t levels and blood glucose levels.

@SeekingChange

Yes, we have upped our frequency. We used to ml once very 2-3 days, but have upped it to every other day, mostly to see what happened and for fun (a reason to have sex more often). I honestly didn't track whether or not this has had any effect on me. This makes me wonder if we should back off for a couple of weeks and see what happens. But I also don't want to prolong any health issues either....

As many a guy has said, this has never happened before ...so I'm not sure what to do.

Unfulfilled
Hammock
Date of your marriage (past or future): September 5th, 1989

Postby Unfulfilled » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:04 am

Almost everything is hereditary to some extent. Many medical conditions are.

I have read that androgel doesn't work well for most men.

Redsman
King bed

Postby Redsman » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:25 am

I saw in this post where @Im_a_farmwife has her DH on l-arginine to help with erection, from what I can tell. Based on this link:

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplemen ... entid=875&

and what nitric oxide does (helps the penis "get hard", from what I understand), I'm wondering if there would be any harm in starting to take it, since I believe that I can get it off the shelf at walmart. It appears to be a supplement.

I did a med check, and the bp med i'm on, losartan hctz doesn't appear to have any ED type side effects. Which would make sense, as I've been on it for close to a year, and this is just now presenting itself. Either way, I'm a bit confused as to the next steps.

doug-h
Fell out of ...
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 20th, 1982

Postby doug-h » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:07 am

I think you would be fine to take l-arginine.

It I difficult to say if you would see any benefit from it, but it has very few contraindications.

I have been taking it fairly consistently for about a year, and there is a noticible difference. I don't notice so much when I am taking it regularly, but if I forget it for awhile, and then resume, the difference is apparent, especially with morning errections.

For the record, I take 4 grams twice a day.

Redsman
King bed

Postby Redsman » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:54 am

what is the biggest benefit from taking it, vs say getting tested for low t and potentially have to get shots?

one thing I did notice this morning is that I DID have a morning erection. We didn't have sex last night. If I had low t, would I still be getting morning erections?

curiosity, did you start out taking it twice a day, or did you just figure it out via experimentation?

Redsman
King bed

Postby Redsman » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:26 pm

@doug-h, I'm just curious, but how long did you have to take it before you noticed a difference? I took it for a week, at the 4 grams level (that was a ton of pills!) and didn't see a change. That was one expensive bottle!

I talked to a trusted friend\mentor about this, and one thing he commented on was the it may all be "in my head" (the skull, not the other one!). I think there may bear some creedence to this, as I noticed that when I simply go with the flow, my erection does appear to be harder, althought it doesn't last long after I've O'd. So, my question becomes: is getting "limp" almost immediately after O'ing\ejaculating normal? SC mentioned frequency. I've tracked it and it appears to be the same whether we have sex every other day, every two days, or even every 3-4 (normal for us in the last few weeks has been every other day). So I'm thinking that frequency may not have an effect on it. At what point do I start to consider seeing a doc?

Redsman
King bed

Postby Redsman » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:38 pm

Just to provide an update on this, and also ask a question:

my erections are now solid. even after sex, they (while not as hard as they were) are still solid (pun intended). my question is this: I've seen it on this forum where a sign of good sexual health is to wake up with an erection every morning (paraphrase). I do not; maybe once every couple of weeks. Also, I've noticed that, while I can get a solid erection during foreplay\sex, that I don't get one, even a smidge of one, when she slaps me on the butt, comes from behind and puts her hands in my pocket (she did this the other day!), is completely naked in front of me, or even in underwear (lacy 95% of the time). I've started to wonder if somethings wrong in my noggin. Am I over analyzing it? I have periods of stress, as we all do, but I've also started to exercise more (Jillian Michaels's 30 day shred with Red....I had no idea working out with my wife could get me so revved up!). As an FYI, we have sex every other day or at most every two days.

Thanks in advance for advice.

Redsman

ledgemoor
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 3rd, 1982

Postby ledgemoor » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:51 pm

Well, you aren't getting any younger.

that I don't get one, even a smidge of one, when she slaps me on the butt, comes from behind and puts her hands in my pocket (she did this the other day!), is completely naked in front of me, or even in underwear (lacy 95% of the time). I've started to wonder if somethings wrong in my noggin.
That does sound like low testosterone. Testosterone is the best thing ever for a man's "vision".

Yes, you should have good erections every morning, no question. What I find puzzling with you is that you don't have them, yet are having good erections and frequent sex (way to go dude and Mrs. Red). With me, I can be rock-hard in the morning, but by evening I have problems. When I wasn't having morning erections, forget about being able to have PIV sex.

Go do discountedlabs.com and get a $30 testosterone test. Start there.

Is it hereditary?
My dad's testosterone is higher than mine was before I started taking testosterone. However, I don't know anything about testosterone levels on my mom's side of the family.

Finally, I would research getting off the BP medication. I have observed that old people on BP meds tend to get senile. And they are finding that the higher blood pressure that naturally occurs as we age (caused by the blood vessels losing elasticity) prevents senility. From what I understand, BP meds do not restore elasticity to the blood vessels, but change the way the heart works. Not solving the underlying "problem" in other words. I was having a conversation about this with a friend. His mother is in her 90's, has had high blood pressure all her life, refused to do anything about it, and is fine, mentally and physically. I don't know much about it, but I would research it if I were you.
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

Return to “Male Orgasm Difficulties/Erectile Dysfunction”