Modafinil and Premature Ejaculation

Erectile disfunction, premature ejaculation, delayed orgasm, etc.
New Found Hope
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 14th, 2009

Modafinil and Premature Ejaculation

Postby New Found Hope » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:03 am

Hello all. I’ve had PE as long as I can remember. Nothing I have done has helped. I’m now 33 years old. My wife and I have learned to “deal” with it, but so far nothing has really helped. We’ve found a few things to use as a “work-around”, but it always makes sex to be “pre-planned”. It really sucks :(

Anyhow, recently I saw an article about a “Smart Drug” known as Modafinil (if you remember the movie Limitless, it’s supposed to be like NZT only not as magical or dangerous LOL). Well in the medical report it said that Modafinil actually might help with PE!! :shock:

I’ve been looking info up on this and it seems at the time it is a Schedule IV drug in the United States. Which I believe means you need a prescription. So has anyone had any experience with this and would like to share? Or am I just a hopeless dreamer?
In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.
Ephesians 5:28

SquarePants
California King
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 10th, 2005

Re: Modafinil and Premature Ejaculation

Postby SquarePants » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:38 am

That drug can cause insomnia (wakefulness), especially at night, but is generally harmless otherwise. A low dose of an SSRI andidepressant is supposed to also be helpful for premature ejaculation. For men without that problem, it can make ejaculation very difficult. That may be another option to explore if you haven't already.

New Found Hope
Twin size

Postby New Found Hope » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:59 am

Hi SquarePants. Yeah, I've tried that. Didn't do anything. I am pretty sure I cannot post links on the forum, but if you google "Modafinil Premature Ejaculation" the first link that comes up is from NCBI NIH (US National Library of Medicine & National Institutes of Health). This seems promising...
In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.

SquarePants
California King
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 10th, 2005

Postby SquarePants » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:28 pm

I tried that drug a long time ago for another reason. I remember not sleeping well. I don't remember it having either positive or negative effects on ejaculation.

New Found Hope
Twin size

Postby New Found Hope » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:21 pm

Thanks SquarePants for the info. Maybe some others will be able to give some info. :D

Return to “Male Orgasm Difficulties/Erectile Dysfunction”