Lexapro and delayed ejaculation

Erectile disfunction, premature ejaculation, delayed orgasm, etc.
Dale
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.

Lexapro and delayed ejaculation

Postby Dale » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:13 am

I had a pastor friend of mine share with me today that he has had to start taking Lexapro and is now having a hard time reaching orgasm. I don't know the dosage he is on or anything, but I told him I'd throw the question out on the boards and see if other guys have experienced the same thing. I had thought there might be another med to counteract the effects of Lexapro, but I can't recall it right now (and maybe I'm not even in the ballpark on that).

Has anyone else had a similar problem with Lexapro, and how did you solve it, if you did?

Thanks!

Dale

hotrod
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): February 19th, 1976

Re: Lexapro and delayed ejaculation

Postby hotrod » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:13 pm

I also took lexapro and had similar experiences. When I climaxed it wasn't nearly as pleasurable as without taking it. Lexapro did help my depression, but with sexual side effects as in any SSRI meds. I finally asked my Doc if I could try Wellbutrin and he switched me over. My sexual side effects were gone. The only drawback is the Wellbutrin doesn't treat my depression as good as Lexapro, but I manage as best I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dale

Re: Lexapro and delayed ejaculation

Postby Dale » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:03 pm

Interesting. I knew that Wellbutrin did not have the same sexual side effects in women as Lexapro, but had never made the connection that it would work the same for guys. I'll see if that's a possibility for him to switch over.

Dale

Return to “Male Orgasm Difficulties/Erectile Dysfunction”