L-arginine side effects?

Erectile disfunction, premature ejaculation, delayed orgasm, etc.
dc9
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 21st, 2001

L-arginine side effects?

Postby dc9 » Mon May 22, 2017 2:29 am

Hi!

I have for some time noticed that it takes a bit more work to get and to stay erect. If the stimulation stops or I concentrate on DW without any direct stimulation to myself, I tend to soften easier than before. I still get fully erect when stimulated and during ic so I don't have ED.

I read on here and on other sites that L-arginine could help. Especially if some pine bark extract was mixed with it.

A few weeks ago I started to take a supplement with a daily dose of 3000 mg L-arginine and 80 mg pine bark extract and then some other vitamins and minerals.

About a week later I satisfactory noticed my erections coming easier and being about as full and hard as when I was younger. Especially in the mornings.

But, I also got like a cold with stuffed nose, swollen sinuses and also some light nose bleeds. I continued with the supplements for one more week, and the cold didn't seem to go away. Now I have stopped taking the supplement and my cold slowly gets better.

Those of you with experience from l-arginine, is this a side effect or reaction to the l-arginine or is it just a coincidence with a cold?

What side effects can usually be expected from l-arginine?

Thank you!

doug-h
Fell out of ...
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 20th, 1982

Re: L-arginine side effects?

Postby doug-h » Mon May 22, 2017 3:23 am

Two things come to mind.

The first, is it could very easily be a cold, and the timing is just bad.

The second is that you mentioned taking two supliments, not just L-arginine.
The thing is, cold and allergy symptoms are very similar. It is certainly possible that you could be having a mild allergic reaction. I'm not sure that you can be allergic to L-arginine. If I remember correctly, your body produces that on its own.(Been a while since I did any serious reading on the subject). The Pycnogenol could easily be the culprit tho.

If It was me, In would resume the Arginine supplementation, without the pine bark extract, and then after I determined if it was safe on its own, then I would phase the Pycnogenol back in.

One last observation, is that the symptoms you describe could also be attributed to the natural effect of arginine. Opening up micro vessels and capillaries in mucous membraness could well mimic congestion. I dont remember ever reading of anything similar, but I suppose it is medically possible that is what is happening.

dc9
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 21st, 2001

Postby dc9 » Mon May 22, 2017 3:34 am

Thank you!

"Unfortunately" the L-arginine and the pycnogenol is already mixed in the same capsule...

If it is a reaction to the l-arginine/pycnogenol and not just bad timing with a cold, do you think the symptoms will fade after some time when the body get used to the stuff?

Since there seems to be a noticeable effect of taking those capsules, I would like to continue, but not to the price of "having a cold" and the congestions all the time.

/dc9

Dale
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.

Postby Dale » Mon May 22, 2017 3:44 am

You can get the L-arginine capsules by themselves, which I'd recommend. I've taken L-arginine in the past and noticed no side effects. I think Doug-h may be correct that your symptoms, if not a cold, could be due to an allergic reaction to the pine bark ingredient.

Dale

Return to “Male Orgasm Difficulties/Erectile Dysfunction”