Betrayed by my body

Erectile disfunction, premature ejaculation, delayed orgasm, etc.
C_Brown
Fell out of ...
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 17th, 1984

Betrayed by my body

Postby C_Brown » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:45 pm

The last couple months have not been so great. Most of the time it seems like there is nothing mental, medical or physical that can get me aroused, or it is a very weak arousal. It isn't constant though, I'll have times where my brain charges off in a very sexual direction and I'm very aroused, but an hour later it's all gone.

It might be because my diabetes medication was changed to a time release version I would only have to take once a day. It didn't work well for me and my AC1 shot up to 9, but I switched that back a month ago and things haven't changed, and when I was first diagnosed I was above 9 and didn't have this problem. I'm already on Androgel and taking L-Argenine. It's like some switch in my brain is stuck on off.

I really hope it is temporary, sex has become pretty much quickies on short notice to hit the times things are responding well.
So yes, I know that love is unconditional. But I also know that it can be unpredictable, unexpected, uncontrollable, unbearable and strangely easy to mistake for loathing -- Yvaine (in the movie Stardust)

ledgemoor
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 3rd, 1982

Re: Betrayed by my body

Postby ledgemoor » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:24 am

Sorry to hear.

Check your testosterone. It is likely that your body is no longer absorbing the Androgel as well as it was.

Injections are the way to go -- no reason to use anything else. Cheapest, most convenent, and most effective.

I also found that for me, L-Argenine was inefective. L-Citrulline works though.
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

C_Brown
Fell out of ...
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 17th, 1984

Postby C_Brown » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:54 am

I have to deal with the Canadian health care system, to get injection I would probably have to drive an hour south to the US, get a Dr. there, and pay out of pocket. Not really a workable plan.

L-Argenine usually works well for me, I used L-Citrulline before and didn't find it any better, plus I have to special order it since nobody around here carries it. Might try going back to it. I've had periods like this before, this one is just lasting longer than usual.
So yes, I know that love is unconditional. But I also know that it can be unpredictable, unexpected, uncontrollable, unbearable and strangely easy to mistake for loathing -- Yvaine (in the movie Stardust)

ledgemoor
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 3rd, 1982

Postby ledgemoor » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:12 am

Ok, then you might need to up your Androgel.

I pay out of pocket for everything, and it's cheaper than a divorce :lol:. It's a half-hour drive to the doctor and pharmacy, but no borders to cross.

BTW, I get my injectable B12 via mail order from Canada. WAY cheaper, and I don't need a prescription.
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

Return to “Male Orgasm Difficulties/Erectile Dysfunction”