T levels

Erectile disfunction, premature ejaculation, delayed orgasm, etc.
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 11th, 1984

T levels

Postby rediron » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:23 am

Hi gang,
To preface my question, I am a 60 something diabetic, ED problems, and not really any drive problems. I have been quite ill for the last year and a half, but am on the come back trail. I am exercising regularly (resistance training, need to work on cardio).
Many here seem knowledgeable about T levels, so I am going to ask you about mine. In the past I have been as low as 199, currently with exercising, etc 338, 41 free. Comments?
Romance, flowers and nice suprises are high interest bearing accounts.

King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 4th, 2004

Re: T levels

Postby tentsofpurple » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:34 am

I can tell you that my husband was 29 with no other issues (diabetes, illness etc.) when he first started getting tested 6 year ago and he had levels ranging in the 300's and he felt awful. Very low (for him) drive, some ed issues, brain fog, depression, tired all the time, lack of ambition to pursue any of his hobbies or the things he enjoyed. When we finally found a doctor who acknowledged that those levels were low and started treating him it was a night and day difference. His doctor likes to see him no lower than 700 on his low day (the day he is due for an injection) and ideally to be around 900-1000. If you check out the testosterone forum fairly far down there are some links that take you to charts for optimal levels.

Date of your marriage (past or future): June 21st, 1997

Postby SteveS » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:43 am

I don't mean to hyjack this thread...I've been seeing alot of T-level posts and am curious, I'm 43, and have never been tested. Is this something my regular Dr would check or do i need to go somewhere special?

Date of your marriage (past or future): December 10th, 2005

Postby SquarePants » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:35 am

Rediron, that’s extremely low. That’s not borderline. Testosterone can help with glucose.

Steve, it’s a standard lab. Any doctor can order it

Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 1st, 1974

Re: RE: T levels

Postby fourgirlsdad » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:37 pm

Your free is a little high. You want 25. But your overall T should be higher. You are low in the 300s. You also want to check your estradiol to see where it is. If higher than 25-40, you want to get that down. You would do well to work with a clinic to help control your T.

HRT has a lot of challenges.

Return to “Male Orgasm Difficulties/Erectile Dysfunction”