flatter stomach = better sex?

What science can tell us about sex.
George B.
On the floor
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 20th, 1996

Re: flatter stomach = better sex?

Postby George B. » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:57 am

I've certainly noticed the opposite as I've gained weight and didn't like it. Both in relation to penis size and endurance as well as erection strength. I didn't like it much and neither did my wife so I've started working on losing weight. The results are similar to what others are describing. And yes, the penis may get slightly bigger because of increased blood flow but most of extra length has to do with fat pad shrinking and revealing more of what's already there.
On sex: "Neither men nor women will be asked to throw away the weapon they have used victoriously. It is the beaten and the fugitives who throw away their swords. The conquerors sheathe theirs and retain them."-C.S. Lewis

Job29Man
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 2nd, 1980

Postby Job29Man » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:23 am

George, I know you are not by nature a heavy guy. I know you'll be able to achieve your goals in this! :D

It's been a few years since I started this thread. I'll give a report. This flat stomach thing? Yeah, it works. I mean it really lives up to the hype.

It has been a turn-on to Sarah and has improved almost every area of my life ... core strength, energy during the day, stamina at hard physical work and sex, and sleeping like a baby all night. IME frequent vigorous exercise (hard breathing and sweating), staying slender, and eating only healthy unprocessed food are the three things that have most improved my wellbeing, ever. And the sex is better, that's my experience. :mrgreen:
Wanting to become like Job, as described in the Bible, the book of Job chapter 29. Hence the screen name.

George B.
On the floor
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 20th, 1996

Postby George B. » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:28 pm

Job29Man wrote:George, I know you are not by nature a heavy guy. I know you'll be able to achieve your goals in this! :D

Thanks! I would like to lose about 15-20 pounds to get back to my fighting weight, so to speak.

Job29Man wrote:It's been a few years since I started this thread. I'll give a report. This flat stomach thing? Yeah, it works. I mean it really lives up to the hype.

It has been a turn-on to Sarah and has improved almost every area of my life ... core strength, energy during the day, stamina at hard physical work and sex, and sleeping like a baby all night. IME frequent vigorous exercise (hard breathing and sweating), staying slender, and eating only healthy unprocessed food are the three things that have most improved my wellbeing, ever. And the sex is better, that's my experience. :mrgreen:

Great to hear and encouraging for my own efforts. Already I'm starting to see positive changes.
On sex: "Neither men nor women will be asked to throw away the weapon they have used victoriously. It is the beaten and the fugitives who throw away their swords. The conquerors sheathe theirs and retain them."-C.S. Lewis

poetess
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): October 8th, 2011

Postby poetess » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:17 pm

Like pretty much anything, moderation is the key: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... ean-eating

Also, not everyone likes caveats, but they are necessary: I know many men for whom it is not physically possible to get the "perfect body," this does not make them less of men, and neither they nor their wives should waste time coveting the impossible. The two people in my own life who were most obsessed about food ten years ago have both since died of cancer. Granted one became food-obsessed because he already had cancer, and nothing his wife could fix was enough to make a difference except for maybe giving him a few extra months, but the other was very diligent about what she considered to be a perfect diet, and very diligent about exercise too, and died of cancer in her sixties.

It's better to take good care of your body than otherwise. But we have limits of what we can affect, no matter what we do. And this is one area of life that can become an obsessive focus and a bigger priority than is wise.
Marriage--what a wonderful image of Christ's love for His bride!

Return to “The Science of Sex”