Is it even possible?

What science can tell us about sex.
marriedandlovingit
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): September 29th, 2006

Is it even possible?

Postby marriedandlovingit » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:01 pm

i'm posting this question here specifically because it has to do with physiology and NOT attitudes or consent, etc.

i was reading this thread on sexual power of attorney in which reference was made to sex while asleep. WITHOUT rehashing the consent topic please ...

Is it really physically possible for a person to be so asleep that they can have sex and not wake up? I'm not talking about a form of sleep walking or being drunk or such. just asleep. i just don't think i would ever be able to sleep through it. Has anyone done this? How is this accomplished?

if the person wakes up, does this provide some added enjoyment? Like a pleasant surprise? I'd think the sleeper would be startled or caught off guard. wouldn't the brain rouse the sleeper?
Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: ... Hebrews 13:4 KJV

Twue_Wuv
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 3rd, 2000

Re: Is it even possible?

Postby Twue_Wuv » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:23 am

My DW has told me that she has stimulated me with her hand on occasion while I was asleep and I wouldn't wake up. I don't think she has ever tried to insert me in her while I've been asleep, so I don't know if I would sleep through it. I can be a heavy sleeper, so who know. My DW is a light sleeper, so it could never happen on her end.

SteveS
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 21st, 1997

Postby SteveS » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:29 am

If I tried to enter my wife while she was sleeping and she woke up, she'd either punch me in the gut, or reach over, grab a .357 and shoot me!...no thanks, I'll wait! LOL

tentsofpurple
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 4th, 2004

Postby tentsofpurple » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:48 am

Dh has started things while I was sleeping and has gotten pretty far with me still asleep but I always eventually wake up, usually when he gets on top of me. I've tried fondling him while he's asleep and he either wakes up pretty quickly or reflexively covers himself and remains sleeping with no memory of it in the morning :lol:

I guess I can see how its possible if someone is a heavy sleeper. Or sleepwalking (which I know you said you were not referring to) I've slept walked off an on most of my life and (more frequently when I was younger but occasionally as an adult) and from what people have told me I can be literally walking around, navigating up and down stairs, carrying things, having a conversation (albeit one that doesn't make much sense) etc. and I have no memory of it in the morning. Theoretically when I was in that state dh could have sex with me and I guess I wouldn't remember it, not sure if that counts as asleep or not. He's never tried it, he usually just tells me that I should go back to bed (as my parents did when I was younger) and I do. It wouldn't bother me though, I trust him implicitly.

MayDayGirl
Fell out of ...

Postby MayDayGirl » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:04 am

I don't understand it either. They must be the same folks who can sleep on a cross country flight in United's economy seats. It defies bodily limits!

Unfulfilled
Hammock
Date of your marriage (past or future): September 5th, 1989

Postby Unfulfilled » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:13 am

All I know is that I have learned long ago to NEVER try to initiate ANY sort of sexual touch while DW is asleep. It “triggers” her and is all round NOT good.

DW has reached for “me” a few times after I had fallen asleep and I immediately startle awake.

Job29Man
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 2nd, 1980

Postby Job29Man » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:38 am

Pretty sure it's beyond me. :lol:
Wanting to become like Job, as described in the Bible, the book of Job chapter 29. Hence the screen name.

seeking perspective
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): April 27th, 1991
Location: between the Northwoods and the Great Plains and the Great Lakes

Postby seeking perspective » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:42 pm

I thought of this thread when my Facebook memory from five years ago popped up:

Overheard while running errands with my husband today:

Elderly man #1: My wife is always cleaning something. Heck, she even dusts me at 3 in the morning.

Elderly man #2: Does she dust all of you, or just parts?

Elderly man #1: Fortunately for me, she dusts everything

Attempting sex while sleeping isn't an easy thing in our marriage. The first time my husband attempted it while I was sleeping, I hauled off and punched him. It was a response rooted in a past sexual assault while I was asleep. However, with intentionality and communication, we have progressed to a point where if we discuss it ahead of time, I'm okay--but I still wake up.

My husband is a sound sleeper. Most of the time, if I reach over and start up the equipment, he will wake up. There have been a few times when he hasn't, though. I'm pretty sure I could've had my way with him, but I chose to let him sleep and wait until morning.
You turned my wailing into dancing . . .
~Psalm 30:11
The Forgiven Wife
and Sex Chat for Christian Wives

Job29Man
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 2nd, 1980

Postby Job29Man » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:46 pm

I've never tried sex while asleep.

But I have fallen asleep during sex. :oops: :oops:

I was really exhausted! :roll:
Wanting to become like Job, as described in the Bible, the book of Job chapter 29. Hence the screen name.

JHB
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 21st, 2003

Postby JHB » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:19 pm

I have initiated sex in my sleep. I always wake up eventually, but have made it almost to full-blown sex before waking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilethere
California King
Date of your marriage (past or future): March 18th, 2000
Location: The land down under ...... where women glow and men ppplllllunder

Postby neilethere » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:08 pm

Possible for us twice (as I recall - this was 20 odd years ago) and both times ended horribly waking up in the middle of bad dreams. Something we have studiously avoided since.

I don't often talk about my ex wife but I could actually get her into what I can only describe as a hypnotic state while she was asleep - fully able to converse and etc - and staying that way all through sex was possible.

be64
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): March 25th, 1988

Postby be64 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:53 pm

I have repeatedly suggested to my wife that it would be great to wake up with her rubbing my penis. Well, one night she decided to give it a try. It did not turn out as expected. As soon as she got ahold of me I sat up in bed and yelled what are you doing, what’s going on!

Needless to say we’ve given up on the idea of sex while sleeping.
The secret to having everything is believing you already do!

Oklahoma
Hammock
Date of your marriage (past or future): March 3rd, 1976

Postby Oklahoma » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:56 am

I’ve woken up many times, thinking I was having an erotc dream.
Turned out it wasn’t all dream! First time, DW said she just spotted a target of opportunity!

Never has worked on her though. She always wakes up quickly!

Dale

Postby Dale » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:19 pm

Wouldn't work here either. Neither of us is that sound of a sleeper! :lol:

Dale

Return to “The Science of Sex”