The Science of a Woman

What science can tell us about sex.
pigweed
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 21st, 1978

The Science of a Woman

Postby pigweed » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:17 pm

Has anyone read Eric T Smiths Book "The Science of a Woman The Art of Manhood Keys to the Glory of Marriage"?

Seemed like a very rich deep good book about he beauty of intense sexual experiences within Marriage. Especially for the woman. Really encourages ejaculating orgasms. Has a lot to say about other areas of marriage and how the design all works.

ledgemoor
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 3rd, 1982

Re: The Science of a Woman

Postby ledgemoor » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:19 am

No, but I am going to check it out. Looks good. Thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0075X1UE ... mp_s_a_1_2
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

belovedalways
Hammock
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 20th, 1981

Postby belovedalways » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:43 pm

I have to say that I just purchased this book in actual book form and it is AMAZING.

DH and I went off for our anniversary last night and I started reading this book out loud as we traveled. We're both saying, "This guy has it figured out! He's absolutely right." Unfortunately, the author tends to repeat himself. Often. Which is a little tiresome, but overall, the ideas he puts out there really seem to fit with Scripture/the fall/what God meant for marriage to foreshadow and human nature. He explains very well why women/men often don't like sex and why a lot of what we're told by other Christian 'sex' authors is just a little (or a lot) wrong.

I'm reading ahead and marking stuff to read to DH. I'd be happy to share a few of the ideas the author puts forth if there's any interest. I'd HIGHLY recommend purchasing the book. This is one I was pretty sure I didn't want on my kindle. I've already marked half of it up. :D
Last edited by belovedalways on Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
A kiss is the upper persuasion for a lower invasion.

txtwindad
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 13th, 1983

Postby txtwindad » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:42 pm

I couldn't disagree more. I just started this book yesterday, so I am no where close to finished. But it is pretty clear from early on that it is pseudo-theological drivel. This is not simply that I disagree with his theology. I read and enjoy many books written by people I disagree with. This one is much worse. He states right up front that the information of this book came to him through divine revelation. Certainly possible, but this immediately raises some red flags. The book is sadly lacking in Biblical references where it needs it. Portions are loaded with Biblical references, but then when he starts making his huge leaps in logic he drops any pretense at tying it to God's word until it is again convenient.

He actually makes the statement that no woman can truly be a woman until she is rooted in real "man soil". "She must draw from the strength and nurture of his man-soil to become fully woman." Where in the world does that leave single women. Paul makes it very clear that remaining single is good, even preferential in some cases. So, does that mean a woman that chooses to remain single is not really a woman? She can't be a woman unless she is rooted in "man-soil." She is just part woman if she is unmarried?

He does get some things right, I'm not saying that there is no truth in the book. But, from what I have read so far, I would not recommend this book, to anyone. Perhaps it will get better as I read on, but I seriously doubt it.

Edited to correct an embarrassing spelling error. ::arg
Last edited by txtwindad on Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
 "Baby, Baby go and fetch some water,
Pour it on me so's I don't melt.
Can't you see you've got me burnin' hotter
Than a black vinyl car seat in ..." Two Tons of Steel

wifeacacia
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 21st, 2003

Postby wifeacacia » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:21 pm

What he said ^^^. I started reading the sample on Amazon and got to the man-soil weirdness. I'm glad I didn't spend money on the book. :roll:

padsnd
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 1st, 2004

Postby padsnd » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:43 pm

"Man soil"? Now, that is definitely dirty.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
padsnd

Kilarin
Under the stars

Postby Kilarin » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:32 pm

Argh, padsnd beat me to my joke. :)

Txtwindad wrote:"She must draw from the strength and nurture of his man-soil to become fully woman."

VERY bad theology. I've seen a lot of damage in both men and women who felt that they could not be complete without a mate. We are complete in Christ alone. Some people get married, but some are chosen for the single life, and God can bless them. Paul says it can be an ADVANTAGE.

One of my big gripes with so called "Singles Ministries" is that they often seem to treat being single as a disease that needs to be cured. <sigh>

txtwindad
Under the stars

Postby txtwindad » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:25 am

This book is just getting worse. I skipped ahead to the Science of Woman chapter. Now he is adding pseudo-scientific drivel into the already toxic mix. According to him anything short of [ejaculating], full body, multiple orgasms is short of the divine design. If a woman is rooted in man-soil and completely surrenders to her husband her multiple orgasms will be so intense that she will normally lose consciousness during love making.

So if you women aren't passing out from the intense pleasure every time you make love either your man isn't manly enough or you aren't surrendering to him fully.

pigweed
Double

Postby pigweed » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:12 pm

I have not read anywhere that everyone needs to be married in this book. It has so much good that I may have missed the bad but please especially read chapter ten! It is worth the price even if it makes some leaps of logic that are hard to believe or follow but I really want to hear what those thought who read it?

txtwindad
Under the stars

Postby txtwindad » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:44 pm

Chapter 10 does have some good statements in it. A good bit of what he says in this chapter seems solid. But still what he says is buried in his private revelation from God. He presents his theory of the bands and bonds as fact with absolutely nothing to back it up. If it is just a metaphor to help you understand what happens in marriage then it is fine. But he presents it as a great truth he is revealing to the world.

AND he starts off early in the chapter with this ridiculous statement.

Here is a tip for women between the ages of 28 and 42- if you can go more than 24 hours without sex and it is not a problem, then you have not had a full climax and the sexual bond is compromised.

Again, with absolutely nothing to back this up. The guilt trip he heaps on people is unbelievable. If you don't desire sex every single day, you are damaged. Good. Grief.

To me this guy's theories sound like a Christianized version of David Shade's garbage. There are plenty of good solid, Christian marriage books that very sex positive. No need to point people to this one.

TilWeHaveFaces
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 8th, 1999
Location: St. Anne's-on-the-hill, standing outside the garden gate.

Postby TilWeHaveFaces » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:13 pm

txtwindad wrote:So if you women aren't passing out from the intense pleasure every time you make love either your man isn't manly enough or you aren't surrendering to him fully.

Silly me, I thought there were already enough ways to beat people up with false guilt. Apparently there were a few I hadn't even considered. :roll:

pigweed
Double

Postby pigweed » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:47 pm

I did not feel guilty I felt enlightened. We can learn and we will try to put at least some of it to practice. There is lots thats has little to with sex and orgasm but is everything about design! that is powerful and rich! God designed sex to be the glue and for that to happen it is not as easy as falling off a stump! It takes practice and knowledge.

Hiswifeagain
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 30th, 1984
Location: The land of 10,000 lakes and road construction projects

Postby Hiswifeagain » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:57 pm

pigweed wrote:There is lots thats has little to with sex and orgasm but is everything about design! that is powerful and rich! God designed sex to be the glue and for that to happen it is not as easy as falling off a stump! It takes practice and knowledge.

It sounds like you're saying you need practice and this guy's special knowledge. I'm always very skeptical when one guy is given a revelation from God that's never been heard before. Why would God tell just this one man? He left us a whole book and yet somehow forgot to tell everyone accept this guy, how to make it work? That seems absurd to me.

You feel enlightened, but our feelings lie to us all the time. If my husband expected me to have FE every time we have sex as a measure of how well we're doing, I'd be sorely tempted to go back to refusing. :(

ETA: What are this guy's credentials? I couldn't find them on his website. It seems he is a "prayor pastor" with his wife at a church, but I can't seem to find out anything else about him.
You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Isaiah 26:3

seeking perspective
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): April 27th, 1991
Location: between the Northwoods and the Great Plains and the Great Lakes

Postby seeking perspective » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:16 pm

I had this book lying around not yet opened but decided to take a crack at it after reading this thread. I am still wading through the introduction, and I am wondering about his credentials a lot, too. Some of the intro sounds like LDS theology to me, although I don't get that impression from his website.

It's hard for me not to know someone's credentials, but I'm going to give the book a try anyway.
You turned my wailing into dancing . . .
~Psalm 30:11
The Forgiven Wife
and Sex Chat for Christian Wives

wifeacacia
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 21st, 2003

Postby wifeacacia » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:10 pm

^^I had that LDS feeling too.

Txtwinmom
King bed

Postby Txtwinmom » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:58 am

Honestly, I couldn't get through the introduction without wanting to scream. I kept waiting for the scripture references and there were none until some minor point he wanted to make and he would throw out a whole handful. TTD has continued to read some of it but the tone hasn't changed. This seems to me to be a very dangerous book.
"Sex is not the answer, Sex is the question. "Yes" is the answer!". Swami X

pigweed
Double

Postby pigweed » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:37 am

I will certainly be reading it again and hope to be more objective. Can help but wonder about the reaction calling it a very dangerous book? Perspective? Perhaps?

txtwindad
Under the stars

Postby txtwindad » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:17 am

Dangerous because it assumes a formula approach. If you do X then the result is Y. Similar to the name it and claim it crowd. Life doesn't work this way. Ask Paul as he begged God to remove the thorn from his side and the answer was no. We are not guaranteed a wonderful sex life. It assumes that every woman would have the same sexual response if only they followed certain steps so that their hormone levels were ideal. Doesn't work this way. He makes the statement that men lower their T levels by what their brain is telling their bodies to do. This is likely true sometimes, but it doesn't always work this way. He makes the statement that the body is the slave of the soul. Meaning by that, that the condition of your soul is reflected in your bodies health. While I'm sure there is some underlying connection there, his overall thesis is just wrong. Some of the most Holy, sanctified, balanced people that I know have had terrible health problems. Honestly, there is so much wrong with his theology that it is not worth trying to pull out the good parts.

Return to “The Science of Sex”