Lipitor-Libido

What science can tell us about sex.
Georgia Belle
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 8th, 1987

Lipitor-Libido

Postby Georgia Belle » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:42 pm

Im several months post op and had my labs done. Cholesterol is 283 and Triglycerides were 392. ( Which some of this may be hereditary- Dad has them) I also drink Dr. Pepper when I get migraines, so several days a month. Can't have artificial sweetners. Dr wants to put me on lipitor or the generic. In 40's normal weight, haven't been exercising much because of being post hyst. Strained incision when a car pulled out in front of me a week ago. So given pain meds and told to rest and recover. So haven't been exercising.

I do fat free milk, hardly any beef, watch serving size of meats, increasing my fruits and veggies.

Never had this problem last labs were fine. I talked with nurse and told her I was willing to go the conservative route if possible, but she didn't sound thrilled.
I really don't want to add a med that can lower libido and have other side effects.

Any ideas for something more conservative than lipitor. And any idea on when it'd be good to test it ( cholesterol) again ?

Or supplements that help or lower these numbers. Thx for any help.

Georgia Belle
Twin size

Re: Lipitor-Libido

Postby Georgia Belle » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:46 pm

I kept an ovary and lost one a few years back, just getting back into the swing of things and don't want any additional intimacy side effects.
I was told not to fast for this test. Thinking of taking another test and fasting to see how the numbers look.

Any tips or thoughts to help?

Deelmo
Blanket on a secluded beach!
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 8th, 1979

Postby Deelmo » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:15 pm

My doctor always test cholesterol first thing in the morning with a 12 hour fast. Ask your doctor why he choose a no-fast. I have an almost no existent HDL which effects the LDL. It is genetic and I have taken medications for over 30 years for my cholesterol. I've never heard of testing without fasting.
On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the least, 10 being the greatest) are you normal? I am a 1. And who's scale am I using? My wife's, of course!

Georgia Belle
Twin size

Postby Georgia Belle » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:36 am

I asked the nurse and she said no need. But I think Im going to have mine done at another location and see if the numbers come up that high. Am also requesting some from several months ago for an insurance thing, cause they didn't say a thing to me about them being high. Either age, surgery and non fasting have done a number on me or im in bad shape. Also haven't been exercising due to complications from the surg, which require rest.

I will ck into that other place and see what their results are. Just hard to believe.

seeker12
Fell out of ...
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 17th, 1980

Postby seeker12 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:34 am

I am on a generic Lipitor and my libido has not been affected at all. I am a male so this could be different for a female. I hope female posters on Lipitor will respond to this thread.

Return to “The Science of Sex”