Ten-second kiss and testosterone transfer

What science can tell us about sex.
TJC
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 31st, 1975

Ten-second kiss and testosterone transfer

Postby TJC » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:27 am

I have recently read that if a couple institutes a practice of kissing for ten seconds, the man transfers testosterone, to the woman, increasing her desire for and bonding her to him. They did not cite any studies, so I don't know where this information came from. I have noticed in my own relationship that in the past, extended kissing sessions have reliably helped my wife enjoy sex and orgasm more easily. Does anyone know of any studies that would confirm this? It also claimed that PIV sex with the husband finishing inside the wife had the same effect.
This is my beloved and this is my friend. Song of Solomon 5:16

gymaddict
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 24th, 1972

Re: Ten-second kiss and testosterone transfer

Postby gymaddict » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:14 pm

I dont see how Testosterone can be transferred by a ten second kiss, but I can clearly see how that kind of kiss can be arousing to both husband and wife.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am going to go home and try this out on the better half in my life who loves, as all women do, to be kissed passionately.

We men would all be better husbands if we daily kissed our wives like that. Thanks for the thought.

Learning1
Hammock
Date of your marriage (past or future): February 15th, 2014

Postby Learning1 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:15 pm

I have no idea about testosterone transfer. There is nothing better than a nice long extended kissing session ! That we can agree upon ! :D And finishing inside to me is much more intimate and preferable than outside.
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis

ledgemoor
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 3rd, 1982

Postby ledgemoor » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:29 am

There is testosterone in saliva. Saliva testing for female hormone levels used to be popular, but now they are saying it won't tell you anything that a blood test won't. At least according to our doc.

There would be minuscule amounts of testosterone in saliva. And eating it is not a very efficient delivery method. So I can't believe that there would be any measurable transfer of testosterone.

That said, it could definitely stimulate her brain to MAKE more testosterone. So why stop at 10 seconds? :D
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

Elevation
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): October 5th, 2002

Postby Elevation » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:31 am

TJC
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 31st, 1975

Postby TJC » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:58 pm

Two of these seem to refer to the same study, but it does reference the transfer of testosterone along with other hormonal changes. Interestingly enough, it showed lower levels of cortisol in both men and women, which in itself could boost interest.
This is my beloved and this is my friend. Song of Solomon 5:16

ledgemoor
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 3rd, 1982

Postby ledgemoor » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:03 pm

Here's a thought: If women absorb a significant amount of testostetone from kissing, then men would absorb estrogen.
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

Return to “The Science of Sex”