Pull out method for birth control

What's available, do's and don'ts.
Medic
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 24th, 2015

Re: Pull out method for birth control

Postby Medic » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:36 am

FoxluvsBunny, sorry you have had bad experiences. Some of those sound not very fun. Try to find a better OBGYN and I would advise finding a good PCP who is understanding and will answer questions. Hopefully if you find a good PCP you can avoid the ER which is overly expensive. In the ER it is the luck of the draw on which doctor you get. Even if you have the best doc sometimes they are having a long night (CPR's trauma's, mean patients etc etc). Yes Tylenol can be bad if used multiple times a day everyday, but for kiddo's for a fever (or anyone with a fever) its absolutely fine; although riding out a fever (no meds is usually better if possible). Again makes friends with someone into pharmacology. :mrgreen:
I found some self education can be extremely helpful in this area. Some doctors are knowledgeable and prescribe the right stuff... some simply don't take the time to fully diagnose (or are unable to). Anyways I could go on all month I will now cease and desist (before the legal requests start coming in) :wink: :mrgreen: :roll: :lol: :lol:
George B. wrote:thanks for finding this!

No problem. Not that I doubt stories (such as yours) but facts are good too (I like both haha) :oops: ... Also as I do have access to all of these studies and academic resources if you or anyone needs me to research anything in this area (time allowing) I can try to find out information and provide references.

Medic
Browsing lingerie section: "Hmmmm she is intelligent... creative... and she likes to volunteer... the french maid outfit should do." :wink:

George B.
On the floor
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 20th, 1996

Postby George B. » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:44 am

I agree. I like research and facts, too. Along with anecdotes. I might be asking you a few medical research questions along the way, since you offered. :mrgreen:
On sex: "Neither men nor women will be asked to throw away the weapon they have used victoriously. It is the beaten and the fugitives who throw away their swords. The conquerors sheathe theirs and retain them."-C.S. Lewis

FoxluvsBunny
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 23rd, 2015

Postby FoxluvsBunny » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:26 pm

Yes... awesome :)!!!! nice to have a medic here :D I will say re: this method... for us it's the best of the methods we can use (non hormonal, not uncomfortable to use, side effect free) that we've been able to find so far, and there are drawbacks. I don't think of him as less generous, but it's hard pulling out in the moment, and sometimes DH seems disappointed (like today)... he says the sensation just isn't as good and he has to think about more than just sex in a non sexy way (i.e. "must pull out!"), and it's less intimate for us both. So it does hamper the amazingness of the intimacy connection and the sensation for DH. It is great in that it statistically works, no hormones involved, does not prevent implantation, reversible, no side effects. I doubt this would be good to use for several years, but it seems workable shorter term. As i've stated before, we are talking about stopping protection at the end of the year or so... so it's really maybe less than a year that we are going to do the slightly inconvenient dance of charting and pulling out... it does hinder a bunch of wonderful things about sex, and sometimes, at those moments we are both craving intimacy and a huge orgasm together... it is a let down for both of us. So there are great things about this method but decent drawbacks. I'd still recommend it regardless (although today we were less than thrilled with the method i will say)!
<3, Bunny
Just a Bunny learning everyday what it means to Love and Live Harmoniously with a Fox

But if you tame me then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world.~TLP

FoxluvsBunny
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 23rd, 2015

Postby FoxluvsBunny » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:00 am

I wanted to post this article here that i happened to stumble across. It basically talks about the trend of mature (usually 30s+) couples in monogamous relationships to use WD as their primary method for BC (but the article talks about backing it up w/ condoms for during ovulation, and plan B if it fails, which we do not... if it failed we'd wait and see + be blessed). It's not really framing it as good or bad, just talking about the phenomenon. Still i think it's the best method for us. :D
http://nymag.com/thecut/2013/09/pill-no ... tter_nymag
<3, Bunny
Just a Bunny learning everyday what it means to Love and Live Harmoniously with a Fox

But if you tame me then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world.~TLP

husbandof1fatherof4
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): March 6th, 2006

Pull out or use condoms?

Postby husbandof1fatherof4 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:46 am

Prior to having my vasectomy, I always pulled out as our form of birth control. When we did use condoms, it created too much friction and loss of sensation.

How many use the pull out method? If so, do you have any ground rules surrounding it?

hotrod
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): February 19th, 1976

Postby hotrod » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:16 pm

We to used the pullout method prior to a vasectomy. We figured if pregnancy happened it was God's plan for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

George B.
On the floor
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 20th, 1996

Re: Pull out or use condoms?

Postby George B. » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:19 am

husbandof1fatherof4 wrote:Prior to having my vasectomy, I always pulled out as our form of birth control. When we did use condoms, it created too much friction and loss of sensation.

How many use the pull out method? If so, do you have any ground rules surrounding it?

Same here. We'd generally go bareback until we were ready to finish. Then we'd switch to condoms to finish. I had to search a long time to find condoms that fit right and provided the sensation I needed to make that part work well. Our usual rule was to be extra careful during ovulation. We used the FAM method to track and wouldn't use the condom then. As long as we were disciplined, it worked well. Our only accidental pregnancy was the result of a condom mishap not the withdrawal method.
On sex: "Neither men nor women will be asked to throw away the weapon they have used victoriously. It is the beaten and the fugitives who throw away their swords. The conquerors sheathe theirs and retain them."-C.S. Lewis

Return to “Birth Control”