Questions about FAM/NFP

What's available, do's and don'ts.
Job29Man
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 2nd, 1980

Re: Questions about FAM/NFP

Postby Job29Man » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:41 am

Hippie Wife,

I think on our settings you are not enabled to PM anyone until you have at least 20 posts. So, go read a few other threads and leave a five comments and you should be able to PM by clicking on the little "talk bubble" thingy below a member's profile info on the right side of the screen.

Job29Man
Wanting to become like Job, as described in the Bible, the book of Job chapter 29. Hence the screen name.

Princess_Bear
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 28th, 2007

Postby Princess_Bear » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:55 am

Good eye, Job29man!

HippieWife, CF is difficult. It took me awhile to learn the differences too. Start with just two classifications: either it's low fertility, or fertile. Mark it as fertile if it has any ONE of these characteristics: 1. clear, 2. stretches more than an inch multiple times, 3. feels slippery. Anything less than that can be considered low fertility, but if you are avoiding pregnancy, do NOT under any circumstances have unprotected sex on a day that you have any CF, whether you deem it to be fertile or not.
Administrator of the "Christian Fertility Awareness Support Group" on Facebook. All women welcome!

TheHippieWife
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): October 2nd, 2016

Postby TheHippieWife » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:03 am

Ok thank you, hopefully starting out that way will make it easier for me

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Princess_Bear
Queen bed

Postby Princess_Bear » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:45 am

Also try writing down descriptions of the CF you see, so that over time, through the course of your cycle, you'll start to notice that CF will display those characteristics gradually over time. Descriptors like: "it was a little more stretchy than yesterday, but only stretched once before it snapped back" will be helpful. :) Or "it kinda smeared around like hand cream and didn't stretch at all".

You've got this! :)
Administrator of the "Christian Fertility Awareness Support Group" on Facebook. All women welcome!

TheHippieWife
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): October 2nd, 2016

Postby TheHippieWife » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:51 am

Ok thank you! I will do that, I use the kindara app to track periods, and I have a journal section on it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Princess_Bear
Queen bed

Postby Princess_Bear » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:07 am

There you go! :) That will work! :)

Snuggle Muffin
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 1st, 2002

Re: RE: Re: Questions about FAM/NFP

Postby Snuggle Muffin » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:07 am

Princess_Bear wrote:Some non-Catholics opt to abstain during fertile times rather than use a barrier if it's really crucial that they don't get pregnant. NFP was also a little ahead of the game in creating some less-conservative rules, but my understanding is that the most current edition of "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" includes some less conservative rules as well. :)

Thanks for the info! I didn't know they were that different, methodologically, or that people could do NFP with barriers.
"Rejoice in the wife of your youth... may you be forever captivated by her love!"
Prov 5.15-20
"I wanna be rich in memories not money / Our love is our inheritance, honey"
Jon Foreman, "Inheritance"

Return to “Birth Control”