What's available, do's and don'ts.
Seekryt
On the floor
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 4th, 1999

Size Matters!

Postby Seekryt » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:05 pm

This is interesting

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/100216/health/health_sex_condoms

Of course, what it makes you wonder, is - are penises getting larger? Condoms getting smaller? Is size being used as an excuse to take it of? I wonder why so many had issues with fit.
Always know where your towel is.

George B.
On the floor
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 20th, 1996

Re: Size Matters!

Postby George B. » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:30 pm

It is indeed. I've often wondered how many guys out there suffer through wearing an ill-fitting condom without realizing it. When I was in college, I remember trying one on and being surprised at how quickly it broke (not during intercourse, just experimentation). I just kind of figured that's what condoms did. Anyway, after I got married and we started using them, I found out that that I couldn't wear the "regular" sized condoms. Not only did they not unroll all the way, but they cut off circulation (and therefore my erection), made me lose sensation, and they were prone to breakage, just like the article says. So we did some research and ended up finding condoms that fit me well. Since then, I've always told anyone considering using condoms to make sure they have the right size.
On sex: "Neither men nor women will be asked to throw away the weapon they have used victoriously. It is the beaten and the fugitives who throw away their swords. The conquerors sheathe theirs and retain them."-C.S. Lewis

Mr. Rkt
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.

Postby Mr. Rkt » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:39 am

According to the article, about 44% of the men in the study reported an "ill-fitting" condom -- either it was too tight or too loose. If the study used only a standard size of one brand, that's not too surprising. They're not "one-size-fits-all." You have to find what works for you.
Could I have this dance for the rest of my life?

Clean Sheets
King bed

Postby Clean Sheets » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:16 pm

Interesting side note to all of this. My DW have been married for over a decade and we have always used condoms. I thought I had my size figured out. That was until a month ago. I decided I would by some Trojan Magnum just to see. I was totally amazed that this size fit me way better than Trojan Enz or any other regular sized condom that I had used. I think I was shocked by this because I do not have an XL sized member in length, but I think I may have a larger than avg. girth (I don't have a tape measure- not sure of the exact size). But the extra size in the circumference of the Magnum condom fit me perfectly. I was shocked. :shock: So, I echo George B. who's always encouraged men to look into this further. You just might be surprised what works for you.

Clean Sheets
King bed

Postby Clean Sheets » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:01 pm

It is funny. I was going to post about condoms and their various sizes but found this old thread. I forgot I had made a post. lol

A conversation with DW inspired me to do so. We were reminiscing that for years I used ill-fitted condoms because I was convinced I wasn't big enough to justify a larger size. However, it always seemed like the condoms I used were rather constricting. I didn't have any break on me, however, like George B. described. I remember buying Trojan Magnums on a whim and thinking they would be way too big. But I was pleasantly surprised, and I haven't looked back. The funny thing is that my wife is convinced the older condoms constricted me to the point that I felt smaller. Now with condoms that fit, I have felt larger to her, even to the point of her thinking I had grow in my older age. :lol: Um. No. :wink: SO, the moral of the story is: don't assume you know your size. If condoms are your chosen form of birth control, there are many sizes, brands, and kinds to choose from.

George B.
On the floor

Postby George B. » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:47 pm

interesting story there, Clean Sheets.

Glad you found what works for you. I'm glad my advice helped you out. :mrgreen:
On sex: "Neither men nor women will be asked to throw away the weapon they have used victoriously. It is the beaten and the fugitives who throw away their swords. The conquerors sheathe theirs and retain them."-C.S. Lewis

ledgemoor
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 3rd, 1982

Postby ledgemoor » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:43 pm

I have read several places that penises are shrinking : (

Here is the first link I found

http://www.chacha.com/gallery/4049/weir ... ries/38585

So kudos to you Magnum users and your wives!
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

InGodsGrace
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 9th, 1999

Postby InGodsGrace » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:50 pm

ledgemoor wrote:I have read several places that penises are shrinking : (

Looks like living a healthy, active lifestyle is key!

George B.
On the floor

Postby George B. » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:48 pm

InGodsGrace wrote:
ledgemoor wrote:I have read several places that penises are shrinking : (

Looks like living a healthy, active lifestyle is key!

I think genetics is the main factor, but I agree that leading an active lifestyle (and staying away from air pollutants) helps.

Clean Sheets
King bed

Postby Clean Sheets » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:45 am

George B. wrote:interesting story there, Clean Sheets.

Indeed it has. Thank you!

George B.
On the floor

Postby George B. » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:49 am

Clean Sheets wrote:
George B. wrote:interesting story there, Clean Sheets.

Indeed it has. Thank you!

you're welcome. let me know if you need anything else.. :mrgreen:

HeatherF
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): October 22nd, 2011

Postby HeatherF » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:05 am

I don't know anything about condoms, but I bet the name of the size on the box is only vanity sizing. Just as a women's dress size 6 from 30 years ago is now called size 0 (and is still shrinking). Sorry guys, but all reports I've read say that penises are shrinking, not the other way around (this makes me sad too... a terrible legacy for the next generations!) But I bet the manufacturers do it so that guys with smaller penises think, "Hey, I guess I'm not so small after all!" and guys with average sized penises get to go "Whoa, Magnum! Sweet!!" :oP

George B.
On the floor

Postby George B. » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:57 am

HeatherF wrote:I don't know anything about condoms, but I bet the name of the size on the box is only vanity sizing. Just as a women's dress size 6 from 30 years ago is now called size 0 (and is still shrinking). Sorry guys, but all reports I've read say that penises are shrinking, not the other way around (this makes me sad too... a terrible legacy for the next generations!) But I bet the manufacturers do it so that guys with smaller penises think, "Hey, I guess I'm not so small after all!" and guys with average sized penises get to go "Whoa, Magnum! Sweet!!" :oP

I agree with your point about marketing and vanity...but there really is a need for different sized condoms, if only for the guys who fall on the extreme ends of the bell curve. Coripa Custom Fit condoms (formerly TheyFit) help fit that bill without the vanity label, in my opinion.

Also, where did you read that penis sizes are shrinking?

HeatherF
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): October 22nd, 2011

Postby HeatherF » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:19 pm

I guess the bit about shrinking penis goes under that psychological effect of hearing something, forgetting where you heard/saw it, then awarding it the same credence as you would give a reputable source. So I have no idea! And searching the internet obviously turns up results about penis enlargement, or parents' freaking out about their boys genitals. Anyway, so maybe that was alarmist.

I agree it's important to have different sizes. Isn't failure often due to an ill-fitting condom? That's good that there's a brand that doesn't try too hard to inflate men's egos.

I hope that men realize that most women don't dream for a guy with a gigantic penis... That would be uncomfortable, if not painful for an average woman. Although of course, where does that leave guys who truly are extremely big? Hm.

George B.
On the floor

Postby George B. » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:14 pm

HeatherF wrote:I guess the bit about shrinking penis goes under that psychological effect of hearing something, forgetting where you heard/saw it, then awarding it the same credence as you would give a reputable source. So I have no idea! And searching the internet obviously turns up results about penis enlargement, or parents' freaking out about their boys genitals. Anyway, so maybe that was alarmist.

I've heard the same thing, actually, but I don't know if it's true or not. Supposed to be due to environmental factors--pollutants in the water, including estrogen from birth control pills, plastics, etc. So there may be something to it. However, there are so few good comprehensive studies of penis size to begin with, it's hard to start making comparisons about penis sizes of the past. All we can do, scientifically speaking, is conjecture.

HeatherF wrote:I agree it's important to have different sizes. Isn't failure often due to an ill-fitting condom? That's good that there's a brand that doesn't try too hard to inflate men's egos.

Exactly. That's how we ended up with one of our surprise babies (though we are very glad to have him!). :mrgreen: I've since made a point of telling men to make sure that they buy properly fitting condoms. It matters.

HeatherF wrote:I hope that men realize that most women don't dream for a guy with a gigantic penis... That would be uncomfortable, if not painful for an average woman. Although of course, where does that leave guys who truly are extremely big? Hm.

True. Studies back up your statement. Unfortunately, most men don't realize this. It's a common cultural belief that's hard to eradicate. And to answer your last question--you might be surprised how much a woman can adjust to, given time. The human body is a remarkable thing. Women in a monogamous relationship with a really big guy adjust upwards to where it feels "normal" to them. That's the way God designed things.

Return to “Birth Control”