For those who lost libido when on hormonal BC

What's available, do's and don'ts.
wyseguy
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): October 24th, 1998

For those who lost libido when on hormonal BC

Postby wyseguy » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:59 am

Though anyone with insight here is welcome to chime in, I'm specifically looking to hear from those who answered yes to the following:

1. Did you take hormonal BC?
2. Did your libido decrease while on hormonal BC?
3. Did you go off hormonal BC?
4. Did you see an increase in libido after stopping hormonal BC?

I'm interested in hearing how long it took for your libido to return after stopping your use of hormonal BC, if it returned at all?

Seekryt
On the floor
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 4th, 1999

Re: For those who lost libido when on hormonal BC

Postby Seekryt » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:05 am

I took BC for... oh... 6 years? 5? I went off it about a year before I got pregnant with my oldest DC, who is 8.

When my second child hit about 18 months, I had a libido spike which lasted about a year. She's now six... and baby 3 is almost 3... and my drive is still pretty flat, though that might be ore of a relational issue at this point.

So, I took it for 5 years, I've been off it for 9, and I had one year in there where I had some interest in sex.

Prior to BC, I was interested 4-6 x per week.
Always know where your towel is.

mom210
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 2nd, 1978

Postby mom210 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:49 pm

I went on it for 6 months I used Seasonale....went off of it..and it took between 3-6 months to get my drive back...

ledgemoor
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 3rd, 1982

Postby ledgemoor » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:11 pm

For my wife, yes to all four questions. She was on them for about a year. As I recall it was about a couple of months for her libido to decrease, and about the same to get back to normal.
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

MapleSyrup
Hammock
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 19th, 2006

Postby MapleSyrup » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:48 pm

wyseguy wrote:Though anyone with insight here is welcome to chime in, I'm specifically looking to hear from those who answered yes to the following:

1. Did you take hormonal BC?
2. Did your libido decrease while on hormonal BC?
3. Did you go off hormonal BC?
4. Did you see an increase in libido after stopping hormonal BC?

I'm interested in hearing how long it took for your libido to return after stopping your use of hormonal BC, if it returned at all?

1) Yes. I took Alesse (pill), NuvaRing (vaginal insert), and Yaz (pill)
2) Heck, yes. Down to nada. Not only did my my drive disappear, but my ability to become AROUSED also disappeared.
3) Yes. After being on hormonal BC for about 4 years I came off this past April.
4) YES!!! My body actually WORKS! I can get AROUSED! Sex is finally FUN! ::al

---->It took a couple months after coming off for the hormones to flush out of my system, but my drive was back and my hubby noticed a difference by late June. My ability to become aroused and "lubricate" has peaked this past month. I can't believe how easily my body is aroused now. It kind of astounds me, actually.
"Let the wife make her husband glad to come home and let him make her sorry to see him leave."
(Martin Luther)

Drop by my devotional blog sometime!
http://thedailystumbler.blogspot.com
for those whose faith seems to have two left feet

The Knight's Lady
Hammock
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 24th, 2005

Postby The Knight's Lady » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:49 pm

For me: Yes to all 4 questions. It took 2-3 months for everything to go back to normal for me once I quit the Pill. I never plan on going back to the hormones, hooray for FAM!
Married to The Lady's Knight and mommy to our Little Knight and Little Lady

wyseguy
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): October 24th, 1998

Postby wyseguy » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:11 pm

The 2 to 3 months give me some interesting data.

DW went off hormonal BC (multiple types over the years) because of a deep vein thrombosis (blood clot). This happened back in August. This past Tuesday seemed to flip a switch with DW and now it is like living with a totally different woman. There are a number of factors it could be. She could be ovulating, or she could be just making a more conscious effort to be more sexual with me. I'm not complaining at all, I'm just trying to figure out if this is just for a few days while she ovulates or if this change is more permanent. If she were making a more conscious effort, I'm not sure she'd be lubricating as much as she is (that doesn't seem like something you can fake or force).

Regardless if it is just for a few days or not, the last few days have been an answer to prayer.

MapleSyrup
Hammock
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 19th, 2006

Postby MapleSyrup » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:26 pm

wyseguy wrote:The 2 to 3 months give me some interesting data.

DW went off hormonal BC (multiple types over the years) because of a deep vein thrombosis (blood clot). This happened back in August. This past Tuesday seemed to flip a switch with DW and now it is like living with a totally different woman. There are a number of factors it could be. She could be ovulating, or she could be just making a more conscious effort to be more sexual with me. I'm not complaining at all, I'm just trying to figure out if this is just for a few days while she ovulates or if this change is more permanent. If she were making a more conscious effort, I'm not sure she'd be lubricating as much as she is (that doesn't seem like something you can fake or force).

Regardless if it is just for a few days or not, the last few days have been an answer to prayer.

*insert facebook "like" button here*

Sounds like a progressive change to me!! I'm happy for you guys! Hopefully things will continue to get better for you two! ::clap
"Let the wife make her husband glad to come home and let him make her sorry to see him leave."
(Martin Luther)

Drop by my devotional blog sometime!
http://thedailystumbler.blogspot.com
for those whose faith seems to have two left feet

RandyJ
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 29th, 2004

Postby RandyJ » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:18 am

I am hoping for a simular response in my marriage. My wife just went off last week after being back on for 1.5 years after our son was born. Before him she was on it for 9 years and her drive was always low. When we were trying for a baby it got better till just before birth then the next year was really bad. I hope it goes back to what it was like when we were trying then maby I will be talked in to another. Just had when we only have sex once or twice a month and then have it be 3-6 months after birth and then maby even 2 months after that.

Randy

RandyJ
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 29th, 2004

Postby RandyJ » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:47 am

Just a quick little update. It is just the first month of my wife being off the pill and she is already a different person. Her adatude is much improved and I can now talk to her an not worry that she will take every comment out of context. And we have had sex 5 times this month witch is 2+ times what it has been in years. I am hoping this trend continues and I get my wife back. Thanks to all here this is a great resource.

Randy

SLS
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 28th, 2014

Postby SLS » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:13 pm

Glad to hear it RandyJ. :D Getting off hormonal BC was the best decision DW and I made. Looks like y'all made the right call for both of you.

Return to “Birth Control”