Coconut Oil Friendly Condoms?

What's available, do's and don'ts.
TxGuy
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 8th, 1997

Coconut Oil Friendly Condoms?

Postby TxGuy » Thu May 26, 2011 2:41 pm

I am about to turn 43, the DW is 37. She has been on hormone birth control long enough we have decided. We will probably start using condoms as our main source of birth control. Has anyone out there found a condom that is safe to use with coconut oil? We have tried quite a few different kinds of lube and even if they do not have glycerine in them, they are not that great. We LOVE coconut oil and have had no problems with the cheap stuff from Walmart and would like to stay with it. So, we are looking for info that you might have come across or experienced involving the use of a certain brand of condoms with coconut oil. Thanks for the help.
Happily together for close to 17 years!
Our empty nest is a BLAST!

MapleSyrup
Hammock
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 19th, 2006

Re: Coconut Oil Friendly Condoms?

Postby MapleSyrup » Thu May 26, 2011 10:38 pm

Absolutely no latex condom will be "safe" with oil.

However, I would wager that lambskin condoms would be compatible with CO. But I don't know for sure.
"Let the wife make her husband glad to come home and let him make her sorry to see him leave."
(Martin Luther)

Drop by my devotional blog sometime!
http://thedailystumbler.blogspot.com
for those whose faith seems to have two left feet

initstime
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 8th, 2010

Postby initstime » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:19 pm

We use Durex BARE or LifeStyles SKYN condoms. They are Polyisoprene, which is a non-latex material that is safe to use with oil-based lubes. The Trojan Supra brand are the same material but they are a bit smaller so they may be tight for anyone who is slightly larger than normal. We buy ours from condomdepot.com.

We love using the coconut oil and this material feels WAY better than latex. To be honest with you, we hated lambskin condoms, even though they are safe with oil-based lubes. If they get even the slightest bit dry, they're scratchy. Plus, the smell was weird and distracting to us.

blushingwife
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 14th, 1997

Postby blushingwife » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:36 pm

I found I am allergic to latex, so what we use is CO friendly anyway.
Mates Skyn is the current one. Though not ideally comfortable, it is a bit better than other ones.
I agree that this material feels better than Latex + CO is the best lube.

TxGuy
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 8th, 1997

Postby TxGuy » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:25 pm

Just wanted to offer a quick review of the condom we finally settled on. I believe that my DW was probably allergic to latex as she would always immediately dry up and turn red after use of a latex condom. As I stated above, I really wanted her off of hormonal birth control. So, we tried the Skyn condoms. Found them at Walmart and picked up a box. WOW! This is what we have been looking for. I have noticed that while they are very thin, they are very strong and I seem to be able to last longer, which no one would complain about. Also, we have not had to use coconut oil with them, but we may experiment with that at a later time. I like that there is no funny smell like there is with the latex and she has had no reaction to these whatsoever. We will not use one each and every time, but when we do, these are great so far.
Happily together for close to 17 years!
Our empty nest is a BLAST!

George B.
On the floor
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 20th, 1996

Postby George B. » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:01 pm

I can't stand polyurethane condoms. Hardly any stretch at all, and they feel weird. Still, they do work with CO, as noted.

Lambskin condoms are really your only other option. Pluses: they feel great and very natural. Minuses: they're expensive, and for some reason, they're not all the same size, so you don't know what you're going to get when you open one up (which can result in an accidental pregnancy--ask me how I know. :oops: )
On sex: "Neither men nor women will be asked to throw away the weapon they have used victoriously. It is the beaten and the fugitives who throw away their swords. The conquerors sheathe theirs and retain them."-C.S. Lewis

The Twit
Blanket on a secluded beach!
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 14th, 1993

Re: Coconut Oil

Postby The Twit » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:30 pm

What condom have any of you found you can use with coconut oil. I know that latex is out. I also have had problems with silicone not streching over my erect penis - it is very tight and I cannot completely un roll it beyond half way. It may be just be the Trojan Skyn do not work for me. Do the Isopropolyne condoms work with CO? We want to start using CO but we still want to use condoms each time we have sex. Any suggestion will help.

meglettx
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): March 9th, 2013

Postby meglettx » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:05 pm

Sooooooo THIS could by why we have baby #2. :shock: Oops. I don't know why it didn't occur to me coconut oil wouldn't be compatible with all condoms. I feel like a blonde. :P

George B.
On the floor
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 20th, 1996

Re: Coconut Oil

Postby George B. » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:09 pm

The Twit wrote:What condom have any of you found you can use with coconut oil. I know that latex is out. I also have had problems with silicone not streching over my erect penis - it is very tight and I cannot completely un roll it beyond half way. It may be just be the Trojan Skyn do not work for me. Do the Isopropolyne condoms work with CO? We want to start using CO but we still want to use condoms each time we have sex. Any suggestion will help.

basically, anything non-latex should work. Lambskin, Isopropylene, etc. will be fine with it. If in doubt, google it to be sure or send an email to the manufacturer.
On sex: "Neither men nor women will be asked to throw away the weapon they have used victoriously. It is the beaten and the fugitives who throw away their swords. The conquerors sheathe theirs and retain them."-C.S. Lewis

Return to “Birth Control”