Birth control questions

What's available, do's and don'ts.
InGodsGrace
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 9th, 1999

Re: Birth control questions

Postby InGodsGrace » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:24 am

hands wrote:Thank you all for your responses. After prayer and lots of research my FH and I both feel comfortable with using the pill. We are going to start out with that method and see how it goes. If the side effects are too much we will look into other options. For now though we both feel the pill is our best option.
Thanks again. :D

You WILL have to take the pill everyday at the exact same time. Not just once a day, or you can become pregnant. Big difference in not taking your thyroid meds consistently.

hands
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 18th, 2013

Postby hands » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:46 am

You are right. I have set an alarm on my cell phone in the morning to take my thyroid Meds and then one at night to take my birth control and my blood pressure Meds. I'm working on being consistent with my Meds because I've realized my health is in my own hands and if I don't take the medicine the doc gives me I'll only have myself to blame for my poor health in later years.

Princess_Bear
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 28th, 2007

Postby Princess_Bear » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:37 am

I'm not a medical professional, but the fact that you're already on blood pressure medication raised a question in my mind. If you're on BP meds for low blood pressure, it's probably not as big of a deal, but if you're on BP meds for HIGH blood pressure, then I would encourage you to think (and pray!) long and hard about using ANY sort of hormonal method, especially those with high levels of estrogen, which can raise your blood pressure.
Administrator of the "Christian Fertility Awareness Support Group" on Facebook. All women welcome!

hands
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 18th, 2013

Postby hands » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:55 am

I was just started on blood pressure Meds yesterday for high blood pressure. I believe my blood pressure is a lifestyle issue because I am overweight. The doctor thinks if I lose some weight and exercise I can be off the Meds in a short amount of time. I am working on changing my eating habits and exercising more. It's definitely a struggle but I'm way to young to be on Meds for high bp so I am determined to make the healthy changes. I'm very excited to say that I have already quit drinking pop. 10 days now without a diet coke! :D

Princess_Bear
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 28th, 2007

Postby Princess_Bear » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:04 am

[quote="hands" 10 days now without a diet coke! :D[/quote]Great! :D
Administrator of the "Christian Fertility Awareness Support Group" on Facebook. All women welcome!

InGodsGrace
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 9th, 1999

Postby InGodsGrace » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:16 am

hands wrote:I was just started on blood pressure Meds yesterday for high blood pressure. I believe my blood pressure is a lifestyle issue because I am overweight. The doctor thinks if I lose some weight and exercise I can be off the Meds in a short amount of time. I am working on changing my eating habits and exercising more. It's definitely a struggle but I'm way to young to be on Meds for high bp so I am determined to make the healthy changes. I'm very excited to say that I have already quit drinking pop. 10 days now without a diet coke! :D

Good job on kicking the soda habit. I do want to tell you, because our are overweight those horrible, sometimes deadly side effects (blood. clots) you are at more of a risk for, and not to mention, some bc pills cause weight gain. Which when you are trying to lose weight, is not a good thing.

blushingwife
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 14th, 1997

Postby blushingwife » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:45 am

Again, it is a trial and error thing.
Cerazette made me gain weight. Loestrin doesn't.

Return to “Birth Control”