Withdrawal method

What's available, do's and don'ts.
HeatherF
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): October 22nd, 2011

Re: Withdrawal method

Postby HeatherF » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:09 am

That is not a method, that is a pregnancy waiting to happen...

HisLadybug
Blanket on a secluded beach!
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 11th, 2006

Postby HisLadybug » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:25 am

HeatherF wrote:That is not a method, that is a pregnancy waiting to happen...

Not really, since with perfect use the failure rate is 4%.
Sweet like candy to my soul
Sweet you rock and sweet you roll
lost for you
I'm so lost for you
-Dave Matthews band

HeatherF
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): October 22nd, 2011

Postby HeatherF » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:05 pm

Perfect use. What's the actual use rate, though?

This is only something you should practice if you are ok with the possibility of becoming pregnant.

HisLadybug
Blanket on a secluded beach!
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 11th, 2006

Postby HisLadybug » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:22 am

HeatherF wrote:Perfect use. What's the actual use rate, though?

This is only something you should practice if you are ok with the possibility of becoming pregnant.

I think the "actual" rate is in the 20s. But I don't think perfect use or close to it is that difficult for a trusted, experienced husband. In the end, you can get pregnant on the pill too. Condoms break. Birth control fails. You should only have sex if you are ok with the possibility of becoming pregnant.
Sweet like candy to my soul
Sweet you rock and sweet you roll
lost for you
I'm so lost for you
-Dave Matthews band

George B.
On the floor
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 20th, 1996

Postby George B. » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:04 am

We didn't use it as our only method, but it was used in conjunction with condoms and FAM for many years of frequent sex. There were two accidental pregnancies, one caused by a badly fitting condom and the other, we're still not sure, since it happened during a supposedly non fertile time in her cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On sex: "Neither men nor women will be asked to throw away the weapon they have used victoriously. It is the beaten and the fugitives who throw away their swords. The conquerors sheathe theirs and retain them."-C.S. Lewis

Phillip_19

Postby Phillip_19 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:42 pm

My DW and I use this all the time. I honestly can't remember the last time I used a condom (I hate them, it kills the feeling, even the "thin" ones), and she doesn't want to be on birth control. Never had a problem. The two kids we have are a result of me not pulling out on purpose (honestly didn't think she'd get pregnant, even though she told me that she though she was ovulating), and the 2nd was because she didn't get off :lol: . But otherwise, it's worked 100% for us to date. It all depends on if you know when to pull out. I have it down packed to where I pull out right before an ejaculation. We recently started tracking her cycles, and so I finish inside of her during her non-fertile times, and from about a week until after a couple of days after ovulation (to be safe), I withdrawal. After that until her period, I finish inside of her again. I think that's that FAM method? So far it's worked well. DW was nervous about it at first, as but I finally was able to convince her that there was no way that she could get pregnant if there was no egg present.

Return to “Birth Control”