The Pill Is Evil.

What's available, do's and don'ts.
Tigerfan87
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): April 15th, 2009

The Pill Is Evil.

Postby Tigerfan87 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:23 am

Seriously... evil. If it weren't for Christian ethics I'd want to sue for emotional damages or something crazy like that.

So my wife and I have been using the pill since we got married so we didn't really have anything to compare the experience to and we thought the common consensus was that it was the easiest, safest, best option out there. My wife was on the lowest dosage possible. Recently my wife started having heart palpitations which we found out were being caused by the unnatural hormones in her body so we decided for her sake it would be good to go off the pill and try some other methods out.

We stopped using the pill 2 weeks ago and in the last couple of days (24 hours) had sex 6 times! Are you kidding me right now?! My wife has turned into a teenage guy except has no fear of being incarcerated for pursuing that desire. My wife has always been faithful to serve me sexually through our marriage, but that's what its always felt like; her meeting my needs. What a joy its been feeling like it's mutual or even reversed!

Not only is the drive up but my wife would also get sore and sex would become painful quickly for her... not at all the case now. She is producing more lubricant and is able to get more fully aroused and she hasn't gotten sore at all. She also has more energy and has been working out more and finally, her heart palpitations have stopped. It has been pretty much terrific.

In summary, the pill is evil and I want the last 4 years of our marriage back to do over.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

sexwithinmarriage
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 19th, 2001

Re: The Pill Is Evil.

Postby sexwithinmarriage » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:32 am

You're very lucky actually. In a lot of cases, it has taken years to get their drive back. Other times it never comes back.
It's not listed as a side effect, because the FDA doesn't see diminished sexual drives in women to be a medical issue...

It also messes with mate selection.
My little blog on marriage, intimacy and sexuality, from a Christian perspective: https://UncoveringIntimacy.com

HisWarrior
Fell out of ...
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 2nd, 2002

Postby HisWarrior » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:49 am

Oh yeah, I was on the pill and later the patch and while it didn't affect our frequency or my enjoyment of sex, but it gave me bad leg pains, made me so tired and loopy that I couldn't concentrate and pretty much ruined my small business because I couldn't do the work. I got sick a lot and was anxious a lot. When I went to my Dr. About the symptoms, she dismissed them. And when I found out the pill could cause a fertilized egg (baby) to not implant and miscarry, I was livid that I wasn't informed.

Tigerfan87
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): April 15th, 2009

Postby Tigerfan87 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:55 am

I think having good health helps to get you back on track. Eating natural foods and fats, as well as staying active, helps your body to produce and regulate hormones. We don't listen to the USDA or FDA when it comes to our health and this is just another example of why we don't. We try to grow and hunt our food or buy local and so on.

Her acne has cleared up and we have a suspicion that this has contributed to TMJ problems. Unnaturally regulating your hormones should have set off a red flag for me long ago. Kicking myself for not doing it sooner.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Job29Man
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 2nd, 1980

Postby Job29Man » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:26 am

Dude,

Congratulations and stop kicking yourself! :lol:

As another person said, consider yourself very fortunate that she got her libido back so quickly! Other women have reported a loss/diminished libido that has either taken years to return or never returned, yes never. Thank God for His mercy in this!

Our culture seems to push a medical solution to everything. But many or maybe most of our ailments and issues would be more effectively solved through a change in lifestyle including diet, exercise, etc. The only amazing thing to me is that people are amazed when they benefit from stopping putting drugs in their bodies.
Wanting to become like Job, as described in the Bible, the book of Job chapter 29. Hence the screen name.

cbmike
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 7th, 2013

Postby cbmike » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:16 am

Job29Man wrote:Our culture seems to push a medical solution to everything. But many or maybe most of our ailments and issues would be more effectively solved through a change in lifestyle including diet, exercise, etc. The only amazing thing to me is that people are amazed when they benefit from stopping putting drugs in their bodies.

DW was put on the pill years ago to regulate her hormones. She had rapid mood swings and soul-crushing depression before she was on the pill, but it has indeed helped regulate her moods. We have sex daily, she has no trouble reaching orgasm (even from PIV), or even having multiples. She initiates often.

The problem with medication is it tends to be very polarizing. Many consider it an absolute evil and just as many consider it an absolute good. The fact is that it depends on the individual situation, and I think should be the (informed) decision of the person who has to take it. Ultimately I agree with you Job, our culture has a tendency to overmedicate and fail to listen to those who actually deal with the consequences (I've seen plenty of that in my experiences with the mental healthcare systems). But that doesn't change the fact that they can be used to help some people.
There's one thing I know, and this is it.

jokerman
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 15th, 1987

Postby jokerman » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:19 am

Yeah, the pill is also used to combat the agony of endometriosis. For that and many other reasons I'm not ready to call it evil.

dr_parsley
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): April 2nd, 2005

Postby dr_parsley » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:35 am

Yep. DWs drive has not come back 7 years on... They don't see diminished libido as a *medical* issue and so do not include it in the list of symptoms and medical students do not learn about the risk.
"Deliver me from worldly dispositions, for I am born from above and destined for glory" - Valley of Vision
"They think it strange that you do not plunge with them into the same flood of dissipation" - Peter

bestillandknow
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): October 19th, 1997

Postby bestillandknow » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:15 am

Took us 6 months to get preg after I went off the pill; some other friends I know took longer or never were fertile afterward. Just another prob with the pill.

Also, early on in my pill experience (and I was taking the mildest form), I had an early miscarriage. I didn't know at the time what it was, but now that I'm older and 2 other early m/c wiser, I know that's what happened. Very sad.
Be still and know that I am God.
(formerly known as Whitewatermama)

txtwindad
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 13th, 1983

Postby txtwindad » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:50 am

The pill is a good tool, but there are dangers associated with its use. The real culprit here is that you are not given information about side effects so that you can make an informed decision. The concept that sexual changes are not considered a side effect and not reportable, is a governmental issue. The FDA is supposed to protect us from that kind of thing and they have totally failed on this one. Big, big problem and no correction in sight. It should have a huge warning label.

This isn't just an issue with the pill. The FDA doesn't consider sexual libido changes in men or women as a reportable side effect for any medication. Kind of makes you wonder how many other drugs also have this potential. Many we know about, like antidepressants. But, how many others have hidden libido effects that we don't know about because the FDA couldn't care less.
 "Baby, Baby go and fetch some water,
Pour it on me so's I don't melt.
Can't you see you've got me burnin' hotter
Than a black vinyl car seat in ..." Two Tons of Steel

littleblackcloud
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): April 26th, 2008

Postby littleblackcloud » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:41 pm

I like the pill. I keeps me sane all month every month. Before the pill, I would have days when I felt on top of the world (I do miss those actually) but I also had days every month when I was uncontrollably angry, irrational, hateful and in tears. Following the madness I would then be in agony for a whole day every month. I had to take a day of work sick every month it didn't fall on a saturday or sunday! The pill also controls the horrible disfiguring acne that plagued me all my life from 12 to when I got I got married at 29.

Yes the pill lowers my libido significantly, but for me that is a real blessing. My husband is so low drive I can't imagine how utterly desperate I'd be without the dampening effect.

seeker12
Fell out of ...
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 17th, 1980

Postby seeker12 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:48 pm

When we were first married, my DW was on the pill. After 2 years of bad side effects, she went off the pill. Maybe this is why she has always been LD our entire 33 years of marriage...

xxSophiaxx
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 21st, 2008

Postby xxSophiaxx » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:42 pm

I noticed a definite drop in my sex drive with the pill. Still hasn't returned to normal 2 years after going off it, but having a baby and breastfeeding until two months ago in that time probably hasn't helped!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

SeekingChange
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 17th, 1994

Postby SeekingChange » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:55 am

This may seem silly asking, and maybe I just don't understand "libido" enough...

but, how can one tell if their libido has "dropped" from the pill, if 1. they weren't sexually active before getting on it, and 2. it was started three months before the wedding so that there "wouldn't be a chance of pregnancy"?

Maybe that's been my issue all along! :shock: ... more then likely not, but I was on it for our first year and I quit after that because of other side effects. I tried it again about 6 years ago to "regulate" hormones, I took it for 2 days and quit because I didn't like the feelings that it was producing in my body.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, find comfort, survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years...then she did something new.

My Story

padsnd
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 1st, 2004

Postby padsnd » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:35 am

seekingchange wrote:This may seem silly asking, and maybe I just don't understand "libido" enough...

but, how can one tell if their libido has "dropped" from the pill, if 1. they weren't sexually active before getting on it, and 2. it was started three months before the wedding so that there "wouldn't be a chance of pregnancy"?

This is a side topic (perhaps one that would warrant a full thread of its own).

There are multiple schools of thought on libido. I think that none of them are perfect and yet all of them are valid to an extent (kinda like is light a wave or a particle?).

One group says "libido" cannot be known by someone who hasn't had sex. This group says that a person who is a virgin when marrying cannot know if they are ND, LD, HD, etc.

Another group says that libido is independent of whether you have experienced sex and/or orgasm in the past. This group says that even without knowing what it is like, one knows if their body and mind are applying "pressure" to pursue this thing more.

I tend to fall more into the latter camp. I view it much like someone looking at a new food. The person who has never eaten crab legs can look and smell it and know that they want to try it. They may not know whether they will hate it or love it, but they have a guess. At least on the surface, they know that it smells pleasing or revolting. They know that it looks pleasing or revolting.

I think scripture gives us a hint that at least a small portion of the latter is true too. Scripture says that some burn and they should marry. Either we interpret that passage to be talking about people who are already sinning, or we have to conclude that the Bible indicates that those who have not sinned can have a "libido" before actually doing something.
padsnd

belovedalways
Hammock
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 20th, 1981

Postby belovedalways » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:27 am

padsnd wrote:One group says "libido" cannot be known by someone who hasn't had sex. This group says that a person who is a virgin when marrying cannot know if they are ND, LD, HD, etc.

Another group says that libido is independent of whether you have experienced sex and/or orgasm in the past. This group says that even without knowing what it is like, one knows if their body and mind are applying "pressure" to pursue this thing more.

I understand what you are saying here and I mostly agree.

The thing I am thinking is that I've read several instances here where a person SEEMED to have a libido while having sex out of marriage or getting close to stepping over that line before they should, only to get married and find they don't really want/need sex that regularly.

That kind of falls into your first statement of not knowing what their libido actually is until they can have sex whenever they want and they find that they don't want it al that often--except they're not a virgin....and it kind of falsifies your second statement as they've had sex/orgasms they enjoyed before marriage but then it isn't a pressing issue after marriage. *Thrill of the forbidden??*

Does that make sense?
A kiss is the upper persuasion for a lower invasion.

padsnd
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 1st, 2004

The Pill Is Evil.

Postby padsnd » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:43 am

Yes. Thrill of the forbidden is a big issue. One of the difficult things in addressing these topics of libido (regardless of whether it is in reference to the pill or other things) is that you have multiple scenarios and each one has different variables affecting it.

You have people who think they have a libido, but it seems to disappear.

You have some develop a libido from activity.

You have some who know they have a libido and whether things are good or painful both physically or emotionally, they have a drive for sex that doesn't change.

In most cases, the pill seems to cause libido issues. Some would say never take the pill because of that. The difficult thing is that it isn't as clean cut as that. Some women don't have much of a choice. I know one woman who was put on the pill to regulate periods at a young age because she would bleed for weeks and end up hospitalized without it (a modern day woman with the issue of blood). Other treatments may have been possible, but in the equation of loss of libido vs. debilitation to the point of hospital care it becomes harder to side with the "pill is evil" side.
padsnd

jokerman
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 15th, 1987

Postby jokerman » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:58 am

seekingchange wrote:This may seem silly asking, and maybe I just don't understand "libido" enough...

Maybe that's been my issue all along! :shock: ... more then likely not, but I was on it for our first year and I quit after that because of other side effects. I tried it again about 6 years ago to "regulate" hormones, I took it for 2 days and quit because I didn't like the feelings that it was producing in my body.

I think you are asking great questions. The pill, invented around 1960, is the perfect scapegoat for libido issues, when in fact mismatched libidos are probably a problem as old as marriage itself.

txtwindad
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 13th, 1983

Postby txtwindad » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:17 am

padsnd wrote:I think scripture gives us a hint that at least a small portion of the latter is true too. Scripture says that some burn and they should marry. Either we interpret that passage to be talking about people who are already sinning, or we have to conclude that the Bible indicates that those who have not sinned can have a "libido" before actually doing something.

He is writing to widows and unmarried here. He states such a couple verses before. So at least the widows would know.

But for the unmarried they certainly know if they desire sex and don't think they can control themselves. That is all Paul is saying here. I think for our purposes here libido refers to continuing desire for sex to be repeated regularly. How can they know that until they experience it? And either many people lie about what they think their libido is or they are mistaken. I don't think most people lie, they just don't have the knowledge to know what their libido will be like.
 "Baby, Baby go and fetch some water,
Pour it on me so's I don't melt.
Can't you see you've got me burnin' hotter
Than a black vinyl car seat in ..." Two Tons of Steel

SeekingChange
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 17th, 1994

Postby SeekingChange » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:29 am

txtwindad wrote:I think for our purposes here libido refers to continuing desire for sex to be repeated regularly. How can they know that until they experience it? And either many people lie about what they think their libido is or they are mistaken. I don't think most people lie, they just don't have the knowledge to know what their libido will be like.

Or they aren't lying but others are "assuming". My husband assumed I had no "libido" or sex drive (I really should go to back posts and read what everyone thinks the difference is between them, so give grace to my ignorance at the moment.).

My comment back has been, "Oh I had a sex drive, I just didn't want to have sex with you." :oops: So one can deny, refuse, and gate-keep, and still have a libido.

I realize you are talking pre-marriage and I am talking post-marriage, but still...
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, find comfort, survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years...then she did something new.

My Story

Return to “Birth Control”