Vasectomy question

What's available, do's and don'ts.
aesir
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 28th, 1996

Vasectomy question

Postby aesir » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:03 pm

DH got a V on Aug 13, non scalpel method.
Rested up with ice packs for the rest of the week and was feeling fine, just minor aching every once in a while.
Last week he went back to wearing boxers instead of briefs and started feeling some pain, so back into the briefs. I think the pain started around Wednesday, and got better when he switched back to the briefs, however he is feeling like there is swelling or something in the urethra.
Not painful, but any time he ejaculates or urinates he feels like he's doing so through a smaller tube.

I did call the doc on Wednesday (about the pain) and they never called back, but he didn't mention this new sensation until yesterday. Doc office is closed today. None of my online reading has listed this as a common effect.

Anyone else experience this?
Blessed wife. Blessed mama to 3.

aesir
Double

Re: Vasectomy question

Postby aesir » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:21 pm

Well he's going in to the doc tomorrow. Actually having a bit of pain in the urethra now, too.

Thinking UTI?? I don't think he's ever had one before.

ledgemoor
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 3rd, 1982

Postby ledgemoor » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:53 am

When I had mine (also scalpelless) I didn't notice anything that would indicate my urethra was smaller, and have never heard of anyone else experiencing that. I have never had a UTI so can't comment on that, but you're probably right. I'm sure it's nothing serious. The surgery site isn't close to the urethra.

Here's what I did experience:

It took about a month for the pain to subside, and about a year for there to be no pain or discomfort at all. But after the first month the discomfort was mild & infrequent.

I also found that my testicles no longer got sore after frequent sex :-).

All in all, I am very happy I did it.
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

aesir
Double

Postby aesir » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:23 pm

Thanks for your reply.

We still don't know what it was since his doctor's office is maybe the worst we've ever had in terms of communication.
He did a urine sample and they took an ultrasound of his bladder. Did a prostate exam.
Gave him 2 weeks of an antibiotic.
Still no word back on lab results. Called them on Tuesday and still nothing.

Anyway, he's feeling much better now that the antibiotics have done their work (so it was most likely a UTI). Obviously not related to his vasectomy.

ledgemoor
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 3rd, 1982

Postby ledgemoor » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:19 am

Thanks for the update. Glad he is feeling better and can enjoy your new freedom! Go back to bed :D.
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

Return to “Birth Control”