Essure?

What's available, do's and don'ts.
MidnightSparkle01
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 18th, 2004

Essure?

Postby MidnightSparkle01 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:26 am

DH and I are looking at permanent birth control. Due to a health issue I have that is exacerbated by pregnancy, we will use adoption to expand our family, unless God sees otherwise. I have been on Nuva Ring and two types of BC pills in the past, all with negative side effects. Hormonal BC is not the option for us. We don't feel getting my tubes tied is appropriate as it is an invasive procedure and there are other options. DH is willing to get a vasectomy. He saw an ad from by OB GYN's office for Essure and asked me to look into it. He said if I am not comfortable with it he will still get the vasectomy. I have reviewed it. I am not a fan of putting anything foreign in my body, especially something that could negatively impact a pregnancy if one occurs.
Has anyone had experience with Essure? Pros? Cons? Side effects?
I've reviewed their website, but I always prefer to get opinions from people who I know don't stand to make money off a product. Thanks!

wifeacacia
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 21st, 2003

Re: Essure?

Postby wifeacacia » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:12 pm

There is a facebook page on testimonials of problems with Essure.

SquarePants
California King
Date of your marriage (past or future): December 10th, 2005

Postby SquarePants » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:35 pm

My wife had it done years ago and has had zero problems and zero side effects. It's been great.

themrs
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 1st, 2002

Postby themrs » Mon May 04, 2015 2:48 pm

We looked into it and realized it involves a follow up visit where they inject dye or something into you. My OB is a fan of essure but it seemed more invasive than a vasectomy so we went with the V instead. (DH had his a few days ago with a new "no scalpel no stitches" method and said he can't even tell he had anything done. Super easy recovery)

Return to “Birth Control”