Birth control // Contraceptive implant

What's available, do's and don'ts.
Emily17
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 24th, 2017

Birth control // Contraceptive implant

Postby Emily17 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:27 pm

This is my first post on this board, so hello everyone!
I'm getting married in about 10 months time, so I am starting to think about testing out contraceptives incase I react badly to any of them as I'd like to know what I should stick with by the time of the wedding and I don't need to worry.

The option that looks most favourable to me is the Contraceptive Implant (http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/contracept ... plant.aspx), something like this looks great for me as I don't have to worry about remembering to take pills!

Does anyone have any experience of having an implant that they could share with me? Or any recommendation of certain BC methods?

Thank you!

:)

themrs
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 1st, 2002

Re: Birth control // Contraceptive implant

Postby themrs » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:28 pm

I did not do the implant. I tend to be sensitive to some medications and have bad reactions and was afraid of putting something in me that I'd be stuck with for several months. That said, if I had a body that behaved like a sane person, I would have done it.

We mostly used bc pills. All were effective (I took them as directed and never got pregnant while on them). It takes 3 months for it to be effective so I would say that if you're going to use bc pills you'll need to be on them 3 mos before your wedding in order for the effectiveness to kick in and you not have the potential for a Honeymoon Baby. Otherwise, be aware that you'll need to use a backup method, like a condom, until you've hit that 3 month mark.

Congrats on the upcoming wedding!

Return to “Birth Control”