What to pack wedding night/honeymoon

What's supposed to happen on the wedding night? Will it hurt? What if I'm not a virgin? ...
Em604
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 24th, 2017

What to pack wedding night/honeymoon

Postby Em604 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:20 am

So, I'm getting married soon and have found this forum quite useful in preparing us for the start of our married lives/sex lives :wink: As we will both be newbies to this we are unsure about what exactly we should take with us to our wedding night accommodation and also on our honeymoon.
It would be great if we could compile advice from here to create a checklist of things to bring.

Also, I've noticed lots of people talking about coconut oil on here, is it a good option? Sounds a bit random that the thing you cook with you'll be using "down there", but then again, it does beat chemicals!

SeekingChange
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 17th, 1994

Re: What to pack wedding night/honeymoon

Postby SeekingChange » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:19 am

Coconut oil is definitely my personal preference for lube, if needed, because of the way it absorbs and makes me feel afterwards.

As to things to pack, a confident attitude, a willing heart and laughter. Know that not all will be perfect. You two will have learning to do, but if you can be truly naked (heart, soul and mind), and be willing to have fun and laugh no matter what, you two will grow in intimacy and unity.

Throw in some lingerie, but really, IMO, the honeymoon is a great time to just focus on each other without much extra.

May God's hand be on your marriage, blessing it and giving you favor.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, find comfort, survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years...then she did something new.

My Story

newwifenewlife
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 13th, 2016

Postby newwifenewlife » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:32 am

Why not a book or two on sex? There are some great Christian books on sex that deal with basic info and practical matters. Books by Penners, Rosenau, Leman, Rosberg, Dillon & Pintus are great authors.

Also, have you talked about the first night & honeymoon? Sexpectations for the first night & then the honeymoon? Do you have goals and a purpose for it? Are they realistic? Are you both on the same page? Turn on/turn offs? Positions to try? What kind of sex? OS? Manual sex? How much sex on the honeymoon? How much sleep? How active will you be? Need time alone? What do you look forward to? What scares you?

Paul B
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 27th, 1985
Location: The Inland Empire - north of Spokane, south of Canada

Postby Paul B » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:24 am

Soft lighting is a good idea. Grab some LED candles.
Paul
Marriage and Sex Educator ~ My passion is better marriages and better married sex lives.

The Generous Husband
The XY Code - Attempting to explain men to women.
Follow me on Twitter @themarriagebed

Job29Man
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 2nd, 1980

Postby Job29Man » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:37 am

Just as important nowadays is what NOT to pack! Leave the computer, etc locked away for the first several days. Set your phones to "Airplane" mode; you can still take photos, tell the time, etc but not be bothered by people, and not be tempted to go online.
Wanting to become like Job, as described in the Bible, the book of Job chapter 29. Hence the screen name.

Romantic Husband
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 1st, 1978

Postby Romantic Husband » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:29 pm

I'd pack a goodie bag with snacks, Tylenol, and cranberry juice. Maybe some music if you think you'd like it for the mood and/or to cover up any sounds you two may be making. Perhaps a journal to write down some of the memories you make starting your life together.
Matthew 19:26 - With God all things are possible.
Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Leah
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 3rd, 1979

Postby Leah » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:38 pm

I would suggest not packing a lot of lingerie. Do some shopping together and pick up some pretty things as part of your trip.
Leah

“I have learned now that while those who speak about one's miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more.”--C.S. Lewis

TMB Copyright and Fair Use

ledgemoor
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 3rd, 1982

Postby ledgemoor » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:46 am

We prefer Astroglide for lube. It is water-based, feels more like the real stuff, and easy to clean up. Coconut oil is good for massages and popcorn tho. Why not take both?

She needs a gynecological exam to make sure the hymen etc. won't be an issue, especially if she is a virgin. Have you selected a method of birth control? Condoms are too prone to pilot error for newbies, plus they detract from intimacy. There are barrier methods that will not affect her libido like hormonal birth control may. Check out the Today sponge, Caya Diaphragm, and FemCap.

Read the books on sex BEFORE the honeymoon, but taking them along is a good idea.

Have a great time. Remember to pray, thanking God for the gift of sex and marriage, and for bringing you two together.
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

MrKDC
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 10th, 1991

Postby MrKDC » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:17 am

I agree with Job29man. Don't allow your phones to be a distraction. The honeymoon is a unique time for you two to focus on each other completely.
Take some lotion for massages. Massages are a great way to help each othr relax, while having a physical connection. :D
I like Paul B's idea of LED candles. We took regular candles to have some ambient lighting and the next morning we woke up to wax all over the cabinet the candles were on! We both fell asleep without blowing out the candles.

jude700
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): April 19th, 1997

Postby jude700 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:34 am

CooConut oil/butter is a definite lubricant choice, liquefying at warm temps but being a solid below 67f. Made a few butter sticks after a cardiologist informed DW and a class that cco was bad for heart, just had an artificial heart valve, and my butter had mold with it covering strawberries :LOL: :ANGER: The same doctor was unable to climb stairs up after my surgery and took elevator down walking full length of hall to elevator :LOL: (2014) Will be 80 in October!

DW told me to leave Laptop home on honeymoon three years late. Then asked why? We got a new Laptop the second night mainly for map/travel. At the time it showed the new roads (2000).

Take what you need, you can buy what you later need. In other words, take as little as possible.
He is risen!

alaska bob
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 7th, 1990

Postby alaska bob » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:17 pm

pack sunscreen. Seriously, I think a lot of people envision themselves spending the entire honeymoon in bed. As it turns out, there is usually a lot of time to do things that don't involve sex. If you are going someplace tropical, you want to make sure to double up on sunscreen. You don't want to take a chance at laying down together being uncomfortable.

Return to “What Do I Need to Know About Sex? (Engaged)”