Sex every day? True?

What's supposed to happen on the wedding night? Will it hurt? What if I'm not a virgin? ...
yard1
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): February 28th, 1913

Re: Sex every day? True?

Postby yard1 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:35 pm

In my mind, sex is a bit like hydration. I’m told that if you wait to drink until you feel thirsty, you are already starting to be dehydrated. Instead, one should drink frequently to avoid being dehydrated. Also with sex. One should not wait until one feel a need for it before having it. Also, with hydration, plain water will work, but flavored or sweetened liquids are more fun.
Also, sex is a bit like our devotional time. If we wait until we feel a need to communicate with God, our spiritual life will grow lean. So it is with our sex life.

Alistair
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): January 9th, 1999

Postby Alistair » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:33 pm

Ruth7 you are an amazing woman with a great wise heart wishing you and your dear husband the best

gorf321
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): April 21st, 1990

Postby gorf321 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:27 am

Would I like sex 4 to 5 times a day? Sure. I think almost any man would.

Would I realistically expect that from my DW? No, of course not. A good husband needs to be sensitive
to his wife's needs and place them above his own. And for women generally that seems to be too much.
Life is a balance and all good things, including sex, must be kept in their proper perspective with
everything else in life.

I have also found that if you are considerate and sensitive towards your DW's feelings on these issues,
she will respond by making sure that the sex you do have is of most excellent quality.

Could I actually have sex 4 to 5 times a day at my age? Probably not. On a really passionate, one-day
basis (an anniversary or something) I could probably manage it. Think I could manage 1 to 2 times a day without a problem.
But won't insist on that if it's more than she wants. If it's at least 3x per week I can be content.

Return to “What Do I Need to Know About Sex? (Engaged)”