Honeymoon frequency?

What's supposed to happen on the wedding night? Will it hurt? What if I'm not a virgin? ...

Honeymoon frequency?

Postby Ruth7 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:41 am

Howdy :) sooooo, I, like a bunch of other virgin brides have heard a BUNCH of disheartening testimonies about 1st intercourse being so very painful,-- and what I've heard is that they'll successfully have intercourse, and then WAIT days....until they felt 'back to normal,' and then try sex again. I even heard of someone saying they had sex once, and then a whole week later tried for a second time, or even WEEKS. This one friend of mine actually had her new husband request a Baggie of ice for her you know what after their first time....oy. Hopefully that story is one the more 'extreme' side of 'pain management/minimal sex' scenarios.
Question 1 : How long did it take for you ladies ( or husbands can chime in) to have sex 'comfortably' again after initial penetration?
Question 2: If your husband wanted sex multiple times that first night....and you are sore--- is it just best to keep having PIV thinking that you'll just 'adapt' more quickly? And stretch out faster and this enjoy it sooner?
Question 3: Husbands--- did you ever get frustrated? Expecting more sex on your honeymoon than what you were able to have due to your wife's soreness? How did you and her handle the disappointment or frustration? :/

Sigh.... I don't think I'll be doing any stretching beforehand...and I'm wondering how things might look like....it seems like vaginal pain during first intercourse is 1) tearing of the hymen and 2) the vaginal muscles having never been used in a way intercourse lends to.... So I've been delighted to hear hymen tearing typically isn't insanely painful... But I'm guessing the soreness factor will likely play into things. I heard some day they just popped aspirin or something and kept going..... Advice anyone? :shock:
Ruth7
Double

Date of your marriage (past or future): September 14th, 2013

Re: Honeymoon frequency?

Postby mamame » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:13 am

Bring some vagisil and some lube. I don't think it should hurt at all. (totally just my opinion and not based on fact)

I can understand since mild discomfort/irritation. After 20+ years I still get that sometimes and vagisil is your friend. But if there is pain, you need to stop and re evaluate.

Have you been to the gyn? They can reassure you that there are no anatomical issues.

Most of all be aroused. Thoroughly aroused. For me personally, I end up with the most discomfort if we do any touching of my girly bits prior to me being really ready.
mamame
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.

Postby Blovesme » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:00 pm

I was not educated and did not use lube so it stung and was uncomfortable. It took me a few months until I could have sex in many different positions with no pain at all. I think if I would have used lube that would not have occurred. Also I have found that Emu Oil is great for healing irritation down there and renewing the skin.
I think lube makes all the difference in a honeymoon. Coconut Oil is a great lube and you can go from PIV to OS without any taste issue.
As long are you are willing to provide OS to your new husband, I don't think he will complain about waiting for soreness to heal.
Blovesme
Hammock

Date of your marriage (past or future): October 6th, 2011

Postby InGodsGrace » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:48 pm

Stretching would be a great idea! Not sure why anyone would NOT do that. Stretch and use LOTS of lube on the honeymoon. The Vagisil is another great idea.
InGodsGrace
Blanket on a secluded beach!

Date of your marriage (past or future): May 9th, 1999

Honeymoon frequency?

Postby Mrs. Tomorrow » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:10 pm

For me personally, waiting long periods (days/weeks) between intercourse sessions usually maximizes discomfort, even 1.5 years later, so I'm not keen on that idea. Also, if you're aroused and using lube, that will help to minimize pain.

For us, I was so thrilled with the idea of actually being able to have intercourse, I just didn't want to stop, even through the bit of pain I had. I don't think it was a whole ten minutes after round one before I was ready to go again. I believe we did PIV around 17 times during the first 24 hours of marriage, but we're a bit on the outside of normal I think.

I'm of the opinion that you have to practice something in order to move past the initial discomfort (obvious caveats-- if your husband can't enter without excruciating pain or you see blood after several days or have ongoing pain, see a doctor!). But asking for ice immediately afterward and not having sex for a whole week afterward sounds way too dramatic to me. If the pain isn't bad enough to see a doctor, apply more lube, practice more foreplay, and keep trying 'til it doesn't hurt.
Mrs. Tomorrow
King bed

Date of your marriage (past or future): August 14th, 2011

Postby Ruth7 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:17 pm

Thanks for the advice and testimonies yall,--- it really is encouraging and disarming to hear y'all's personal stories and 'victories' :P
Ruth7
Double

Postby Ruth7 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:26 pm

Mrs. Tomorrow wrote:
For us, I was so thrilled with the idea of actually being able to have intercourse, I just didn't want to stop, even through the bit of pain I had. I don't think it was a whole ten minutes after round one before I was ready to go again. I believe we did PIV around 17 times during the first 24 hours of marriage, but we're a bit on the outside of normal.

17!!!!! :shock: :lol: :D :wink: :mrgreen:
Ruth7
Double

Postby seeker12 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:05 pm

Ruth7 wrote:
Mrs. Tomorrow wrote:
For us, I was so thrilled with the idea of actually being able to have intercourse, I just didn't want to stop, even through the bit of pain I had. I don't think it was a whole ten minutes after round one before I was ready to go again. I believe we did PIV around 17 times during the first 24 hours of marriage, but we're a bit on the outside of normal.

This has to be some kind of record! The most I have ever heard before this was 2.
seeker12
Fell out of ...

Date of your marriage (past or future): May 17th, 1980

Postby seeking perspective » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:15 pm

Mrs. Tomorrow wrote:I believe we did PIV around 17 times during the first 24 hours of marriage, but we're a bit on the outside of normal I think.

I had no idea this was actually possible. Wow.
Make me a clean heart, O God: and renew a right spirit within me.
~Psalm 51:10
seeking perspective
Under the stars

Location: between the Northwoods and the Great Plains and the Great Lakes
Date of your marriage (past or future): April 27th, 1991

Postby George B. » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:22 pm

Question 1 : How long did it take for you ladies ( or husbands can chime in) to have sex 'comfortably' again after initial penetration?

we didn't achieve any kind of penetration during the honeymoon, nor for several weeks afterwards, though not for lack of trying. Way too painful for her and I would lose my erection if it got too painful. We knew this would be an issue beforehand, so we just chose to take things really slow. When we had intercourse for the first time, we celebrated, of course. But our experience is really unusual, not unlike the poster who had sex 17 times in the first 24 hours of their honeymoon. :shock:

Question 2: If your husband wanted sex multiple times that first night....and you are sore--- is it just best to keep having PIV thinking that you'll just 'adapt' more quickly? And stretch out faster and this enjoy it sooner?

for us, once was enough each time until after she had her first baby and stretched out enough. Again, our experience is unusual but is something that happens to a few people out there.

Question 3: Husbands--- did you ever get frustrated? Expecting more sex on your honeymoon than what you were able to have due to your wife's soreness? How did you and her handle the disappointment or frustration? :/

and here's the reason why I answered this question in the first place (I didn't want to add to the "horror stories"). I feel like my FW and I did a great job of prepping each other before the honeymoon by talking frankly about expectations and how things would probably go and what we would do if things didn't work out. We still managed to enjoy one another immensely on our honeymoon and to have a good time, and attitude played a huge part in that. Husbands need to remember that they have a whole life of sex ahead of them with this woman and to take that perspective if there are any difficulties or things don't happen like you expect on the honeymoon. After all, you can't expect to play a beautiful concerto the first time you pick up a violin.
On sex: "Neither men nor women will be asked to throw away the weapon they have used victoriously. It is the beaten and the fugitives who throw away their swords. The conquerors sheathe theirs and retain them."-C.S. Lewis
George B.
Hammock

Date of your marriage (past or future): July 20th, 1996

Postby cowlypso » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:14 pm

We didn't end up achieving PIV until about 4 days after the wedding, after we were back home from our honeymoon. We spent plenty of time enjoying each other on the honeymoon, but I was so nervous and it was painful to try. Even after 4 unsuccessful days of trying before we got there, I wasn't very sore at all. No worries about the next time.
cowlypso
Double

Date of your marriage (past or future): October 6th, 2012

Postby poetess » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:23 pm

Whether or not you achieve full penetration isn't the goal. Have fun! Get to know each other's bodies, love each other, kiss, and play naked a bit more. Take a shower together, cuddle, try again. There are no points added (or subtracted) for any of it, as long as you love each other and try to please each other. It will probably be sweet and memorable whatever the specific details.
Last edited by poetess on Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marriage--what a wonderful image of Christ's love for His bride!
poetess
Hammock

Date of your marriage (past or future): October 8th, 2011

Postby immortalroseross » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:27 am

As a lady who has only been married a year, I remember the worries well! My fiance and I were very attracted to each other, and since we had decided to wait until marriage we were both really impatient. (Of course, that isn't the only reason we had an "official" 6 week engagement... ::)- )
Looking back I'm grateful we both took the time to drive each other nuts with waiting from the first kiss as husband and wife to that evening... Take the time in between the vows and the honeymoon to use as foreplay. It will help you be ready, and will be incredibly fun too. See how much you can "get away with" while being discrete. Whisper in his ear while dancing what you want to do to him later. Without letting anyone else see, give him a great preview. It might seem like this is all for him, but for us ladies when we initiate and have to take time before intercourse it is better for us.
Hope this helps!
immortalroseross

Postby Hisangel_11 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:11 am

I heard so many horror stories about the first time and was pretty nervous about our wedding night. I was a virgin, he wasn't. I think my hymen was broken when I was young, and I was stretched a bit before the wedding (MB) so that probably helped me. Seriously, I was shocked at how painless the first time was! I enjoyed myself so much, didn't bleed at all, and even Oed from PIV several times. I was so surprised, I was expecting pain and definitely not an orgasm. I did feel a bit sore during the first week, but we used lubracant (coconut oil) and DH was very understanding and gentle. We didn't have our honeymoon until about 2 weeks after our wedding (it was cheaper hehe) so by then we were getting more comfortable with each other and trying new things. Our frequency was probably about 2 times a day the first few months we were married. During the honeymoon I think it was probably more like once a day because we were tired out from swimming and being on the beach all day! Anyway. I just wanted to share my story as it might be an encouragemt to you. I wish I would have heard more positive stories before my wedding night! But I do understand it can be painful for some people so I think it is good to be prepared for whatever will come! Just keep an open attitude, try to relax and just have fun. Enjoy each other! Every couple is unique I think, so just keep that in mind. :) Blessings!!
"When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew."
{William Shakespeare}
Hisangel_11
Double

Date of your marriage (past or future): August 21st, 2011

Postby HappyWifey » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:45 pm

seeker12 wrote:
Ruth7 wrote:
Mrs. Tomorrow wrote:

This has to be some kind of record! The most I have ever heard before this was 2.

^^^4 times for us. Couples nowadays just can't get enough :wink:
*Stillinlove*
HappyWifey
Twin size

Date of your marriage (past or future): June 15th, 2013

Postby bestillandknow » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:38 am

Wow! 17! :shock: That sounds wonderful! :)

Believe it or not, we did PIV 5 times the first night. While I was half-awake/half-asleep, and all very quick of course. I didn't mind; I figured we were just off to a start. Didn't realize that was going to pretty much be the end of it there. :(

eta: I had no pain or discomfort personally, and I was a virgin. Also, after the first night, dh decided we'd hs once a day for a week, then "once a week sounds good, right?" but it actually was more like once-twice a month most of the time.
Be still and know that I am God.
(formerly known as Whitewatermama)
bestillandknow
King bed

Date of your marriage (past or future): October 19th, 1997

Postby John143 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:33 am

Mrs. Tomorrow wrote:For us, I was so thrilled with the idea of actually being able to have intercourse, I just didn't want to stop, even through the bit of pain I had. I don't think it was a whole ten minutes after round one before I was ready to go again. I believe we did PIV around 17 times during the first 24 hours of marriage, but we're a bit on the outside of normal I think.

Wow! What a man :D

My wife didn't experience pain the first time we had PIV sex. We were able to have PIV sex twice on our wedding night.
The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

MarriedDance.com - A Christian friendly sex toy store. No nudity, very large & diverse selection of marital aids.
ChristianFriendlySexPositions.com - The best clean sex positions resource online.
John143
King bed

Date of your marriage (past or future): June 14th, 2003

Postby littleblackcloud » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:50 pm

It didn't hurt fist time and it's never hurt since. I bled the first time, a bit messy but utterly painless.

Might be worth just getting a check up with a doctor before you get married. I know someone who it didn't work for on honeymoon and it turned out she had very unusual anatomy that required significant surgery before she and her husband could consummate their marriage. That's obviously an unusual and extreme case.
littleblackcloud
Queen bed

Date of your marriage (past or future): January 1st, 2008

Postby partydelights » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:47 am

I thought I was bull enough to had it 5x on my wedding day.

17!!!! WOW! (Standing obeisance)

Back to OP:
Can't speak for DW, but she told me she did feel sore, and bleed after our first.
But she also added it felt good the second time onward amidst the soreness that went away after a week.

I think the key to minimize pain is preparation. Make sure you know what can help you. And make sure HE knows you'll get sore and drill your FH what he needs to do to minimize it.

A matter of faith: All who commented here who had their first have survived. So can you. :D :D :D
I love my wife, that's why I crave to have sex with her.
partydelights
Queen bed

Date of your marriage (past or future): March 29th, 1997

Return to What Do I Need to Know About Sex? (Engaged)