Late-bloomer bride, virgin, and full of questions

What's supposed to happen on the wedding night? Will it hurt? What if I'm not a virgin? ...
InGodsGrace
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 9th, 1999

Re: Late-bloomer bride, virgin, and full of questions

Postby InGodsGrace » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:56 pm

alegria_joy wrote:Yay!!!! That makes me so happy for you. My experience was very similar =) and I sometimes feel a little...funny...when people holler about how "wedding-night sex is NEVER really very great sex" - I mean, sex does keep getting better and better for us overall, but daaaaaaaaaaaang, our wedding night sex was phenomenally good. Really glad you had that too!!!

Wait til you are married 5, 10, 50 years. Then compare sex on your wedding night to the present. People who say wedding night sex is never very great have been married a while and compare past to present.

spiritfire777
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 23rd, 1990

Postby spiritfire777 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:10 pm

congrats to you both .. as far as friction that's easy.. a bit of lube goes a long way.. :)

alegria_joy
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): September 28th, 2013

Postby alegria_joy » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:33 am

InGodsGrace wrote:
alegria_joy wrote:Yay!!!! That makes me so happy for you. My experience was very similar =) and I sometimes feel a little...funny...when people holler about how "wedding-night sex is NEVER really very great sex" - I mean, sex does keep getting better and better for us overall, but daaaaaaaaaaaang, our wedding night sex was phenomenally good. Really glad you had that too!!!

Wait til you are married 5, 10, 50 years. Then compare sex on your wedding night to the present. People who say wedding night sex is never very great have been married a while and compare past to present.

:D I'll humbly grant you that. But I hope I never consider a romantic fireplace, seeing each other naked for the first glorious time, making out like we'd been longing to do for months, receiving OS (one of the best surprises of my life - I never would have expected anyone to put me first like that), completely thrilling and satisfying and 100% painless PIV for 20+ minutes (when everyone had been telling us virgins can't last more than a few thrusts), and multiple Os each including a simultaneous event from PIV alone (and we both knew our Os pretty well, as we had each been comfortable with MS on our own before then) to be NOT pretty darn good sex. And all with the laughing and loving and fun and trust and utter relief of finally making it through what had been a legitimately hellish year with abusive family members trying to keep us from marrying.

I mean - sure, a 7-course meal cooked by a French chef is in many senses better food than just about any other food, but if you were once starving and weary and climbing a mountain and there was a lovely home-cooked stew for you at the top with fresh, hot, buttered biscuits, I bet you'd remember that meal as one of the best of your life - no matter how much French cooking you ate in later years. =) =) =)

Return to “What Do I Need to Know About Sex? (Engaged)”