What to do about pubic hair?

What's supposed to happen on the wedding night? Will it hurt? What if I'm not a virgin? ...
OldMarriedLady
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 7th, 1983

Re: What to do about pubic hair?

Postby OldMarriedLady » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:11 pm

I've found two things that help with red bumps (though mine are from waxing and tweezing, not shaving): witch hazel dabbed on them and allowed to dry, or a product called Rex Eme which as far as I know is only available online. (I order it from Amazon.com - using the TMB shopping link, of course! :wink: ) I've been using Rex Eme on various skin problems for about 10 years now (my mom first introduced me to it) and it works wonders on almost any kind of rash or skin discomfort. They used to call it "Rex Eme, the Miracle Cream".
"When you love them, they drive you crazy - because they know they can."
(From the 1987 movie "Moonstruck", written by John Patrick Shanley)

Job29Man
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Pay no attention to the folks behind the curtain.
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 2nd, 1980

Postby Job29Man » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:28 am

Brother,

You tried. It's not working for you. You've got 7 weeks to the big day (and night! :mrgreen: ). That's enough time to heal, grow back, and not have distractions on your Wedding Night.

Maybe it's time to say "Tried it. Didn't work for me. Here I am Babe, all natural." Decision time. You can't really go wrong with God's original design for down there. I wonder what percentage of humans don't shave there? 99% ? 99.9999% ? You would be in good company.
Wanting to become like Job, as described in the Bible, the book of Job chapter 29. Hence the screen name.

sunshine_girl
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 26th, 2014

Postby sunshine_girl » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:24 am

Try shaving once a week or every other week leading up do the wedding. Basically, when you shave every few days you are giving those red spots no time to recover/heal before you irritate them again. :)

Mission
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 6th, 2012

Postby Mission » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:58 pm

Job29Man wrote:Brother,

You tried. It's not working for you. You've got 7 weeks to the big day (and night! :mrgreen: ). That's enough time to heal, grow backI had similar questions a few years ago when I got married. and not have distractions on your Wedding Night.

Maybe it's time to say "Tried it. Didn't work for me. Here I am Babe, all natural." Decision time. You can't really go wrong with God's original design for down there. I wonder what percentage of humans don't shave there? 99% ? 99.9999% ? You would be in good company.

Wise words. If the stubble itches to much as it grows try a bit of beard oil on it. Amazon and Whole Foods carry it. In the interimam little CO might help as well. I had similar questions a few years ago when I got married and the answer for us was a trim the hedges mentality. When I trim my beard about one a month I also use a #2 spacer on the pits and groin. Don't worry about it. Its more fun figuring it out then you'd think.

Return to “What Do I Need to Know About Sex? (Engaged)”