Wedding Night Wear

What's supposed to happen on the wedding night? Will it hurt? What if I'm not a virgin? ...
Epaminondas
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 19th, 2003

Re: Wedding Night Wear

Postby Epaminondas » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:00 pm

I think I just wore boxers.

You will know how fast/slow to go when you get there. Yes, you want to "savor the moment", but you also will have an extremely powerful desire to be joined wholly as one flesh and "complete" the marriage. The first time might take less time than you might think. But then you can go right into the second time. And third time. And... :)
God Bless <><

Sergeant Bob
Queen bed

Postby Sergeant Bob » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:14 am

DW chose a mid-thigh nightgown that was very low cut. The back was also very open except for a strap across the back. It had fake pearls and sparkly white/clear stone accents all over it. Her hair was all still pinned up and she still had her make-up on. She looked AMAZING! She got dressed in the bathroom and came out wearing that. Awesome reveal. She asked me to help her get all the bobby pins out (I think she had something like 35 pins in there) so we stood in front of the mirror in the bedroom portion of our suite and I was able to get a front and back look at the same time while slowly letting her hair down. She even let me take some pictures (before digital cameras). When the gown came off she had a matching white G-string with fake diamonds on the front. It was pretty awesome and i still remember that night 17 years later!
Putting God at the head of your marriage and using His Word as your marriage manual - those are the secrets to a long and happy marriage!

krikkit
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): September 4th, 1993

Postby krikkit » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:58 am

DW wore a low-cut white gown with spaghetti straps that came about mid-calf. And nothing else. That gown is special, she still has it, but it has only seen action once or twice more in 20 years. I wore a pair of new silk boxers with Aladdin characters on it from the Disney store. We had seen the movie together and it had some significance to us. The boxers are a bit worn now, but she still likes it when I wear them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
-krikkit

gorf321
Double
Date of your marriage (past or future): April 21st, 1990

Postby gorf321 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:31 am

ledgemoor wrote:Ask him to give you want he wants you to wear (don't be surprised if he doesn't give you anything :lol:).

I did that once. Bought her a very, very sheer kind of a strap thingy that barely covered the breast, went around the neck,
back down over the other breast, and provided only the most minimal sheer coverage of the groin area.

At first I think she was shocked that I had pictured her in such a thing. But afterwards I think she was
deliciously flattered. Resulted in a very memorable evening too! :D

alegria_joy
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): September 28th, 2013

Postby alegria_joy » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:28 am

For the question of what he could wear - I wish now that I had been bold enough to tell my fiance that what I really wanted was for him to be in his normal street clothes, so I could undo them. =) But I told him to wear whatever made him most comfortable, which he interpreted as flannel pajamas. Now, there's nothing wrong with that at all, but he doesn't actually WEAR flannel pajamas normally...he just picked them because they seemed like a reasonable choice. Oh well! It was a perfectly lovely evening anyway, but I still love starting everything by unbuckling his belt and going from there.

Oh, and he was completely inexperienced with women's underwear, and he had absolutely no problem undoing my bra. In the car, with one hand, on our way to the honeymoon (we had changed from our wedding finery to jeans and shirts before heading out, since it was a three-hour drive to our cabin.) Surprised me to pieces because I'd assumed they'd be impossible for a newbie.

happilymarriedkate
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 9th, 1992

Postby happilymarriedkate » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:49 am

We wore our wedding clothes to the hotel per request of my DH- and undressed each other. I enjoyed that immensely. If we would have taken separate showers and prepped as you all are doing, I would have wanted him to a have at least 2 layers on so I could remove something- lounge pants with nice silk boxers underneath or something like that. The undressing is an experience you will not want to miss!
~HM Kate

LifeAbundantly
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): October 12th, 2014

Postby LifeAbundantly » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:50 am

Thanks, HappilyMarriedKate and alegria_joy. I was having a hard time put my finger on why "just underwear" for him didn't sound attractive--and your posts helped me put my finger on it and find "boldness" to express to him what I want him to wear! (I mean, what's more attractive that a man in pants/belt and a button-down-dress-shirt (sleeves half way rolled up? ;-))??) Yes, undressing is not an experience I want to miss! Thank you, ladies!

alegria_joy
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): September 28th, 2013

Postby alegria_joy » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:12 am

Gazelle wrote:Thanks, HappilyMarriedKate and alegria_joy. I was having a hard time put my finger on why "just underwear" for him didn't sound attractive--and your posts helped me put my finger on it and find "boldness" to express to him what I want him to wear! (I mean, what's more attractive that a man in pants/belt and a button-down-dress-shirt (sleeves half way rolled up? ;-))??) Yes, undressing is not an experience I want to miss! Thank you, ladies!

Sleeves halfway rolled up = YOWZA. :mrgreen:

happilymarriedkate
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 9th, 1992

Postby happilymarriedkate » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:09 am

I thought the same thing, AJ!
~HM Kate

chachacha
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): August 16th, 2014

Postby chachacha » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:48 am

I agree with those who say wear what makes you comfortable. I probably won't stay on long any way. I just got married and I wore a black close fitting "nightie" with some mesh. It was a little daring for the first time, but it was comfortable. DH helped me get out of my dress, but as soon as he undid the lacing and my top came off foreplay started. We paused, I went to the bathroom and changed, then we resumed again. Needless to say, the nightie didn't stay for more than 5 minutes.

I'm thinking that when the time comes, it will feel very natural to you and your husband. He will probably love whatever you choose, so go for what makes you feel comfortable and pretty!

partydelights
Queen bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): March 29th, 1997

Postby partydelights » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:44 pm

Hello Gazelle,

First of all, congratulations! I read all the replies and I feel so young again. (OK ... I'm not that old.)

(small talk) then for no apparent reason, the stock market "bull and bear" concept comes to mind. You see, I have a good friend who is very eloquent when talking about "bull" (stock goes up) and "bear" (stock goes down) and he does it with gestures of raising and lowering his hands, showing strong, aggressive forces, fighting to bring the market up or down.

And when I read the ladies' comments, it's like "bull run". Wear more, clothes on good, bath alone, ...
But when I read the gentleman's comments, it's a "bear", and you know what I mean. Men.

Recalling my own wedding, DW was extremely shy. Definitely trying to delay the "unwrapping" (I get to like the use of this word). I couldn't wait though. That day was too good to be true and I was not going "tolerate" the delay...

And speaking as a man, that moment of "unwrapping" was simply one of the best moments in my life and I still remember it as if I just "unwrapped" my DW yesterday. So one thing I'm quite certain, Gazelle, despite your FH's gentlemanly "OK dear... dress any way you like...", IMHO, he couldn't wait to see you totally "unwrapped". :mrgreen:

Also, IMHO, bathing together is VERY intimate, especially in a bathtub. Lathering each other is a great way to share an intense intimacy that could last a lifetime. It also gives both of you time to get past the initial shyness. The longer you take to bathe, the more you feel at ease with each other. The more non-sensual body parts you touch, the more you become ready to have your sensual parts touched later.

Also, if before your wedding day, you could both agree after bath, you'll wear something (e.g. bath robe) for each other. But after that, doesn't matter still shy or not, both are to go to the bed, for consummation.

It's extremely sensual to clothe each other, knowing in no time, they're to go off. Also, walking each other to the marriage bed is extremely wonderful.

So IMHO, dress anyway you and/or you FH wants. But please arrange to bathe together and talk about the prelude to consummation. (Yes, inasmuch as you schedule many events in your wedding, schedule consummation too.) I think this is a moment newlyweds should not miss. :wink:
I love my wife, that's why I crave to have sex with her.

luvmygirls
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): June 25th, 1995

Postby luvmygirls » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:03 am

We changed at her parent's house after the reception while everyone else was still at the church, then quickly drove to the hotel so we didn't see anyone. I wore chinos and a golf shirt, which she liked me in, and she wore a short sundress. Once we got to the hotel room, we ran a bubble bath and undressed each other. There are two things (apart from the expected sex) that I wanted to do: bathe/shower and wash her hair. I don't know why I wanted to wash her hair, but I've always loved doing that for her, and it's one of the things I wanted to do since before we married. On our honeymoon I finally got the chance. She had her really long hair in a curly up-do. As we undid it in the tub, there was a pile of bobby pins on the side of the tub and birdseed everywhere!

After our bath, she put on an ivory teddy (I had always wanted her to wear a teddy on our wedding night) and I wore a pair of silk boxers. We got to cover a lot of our desires for a first time that way: undressing each other, bathing together, nice underwear/lingerie, and of course, making love.

If you're wondering what underwear to get for him or to ask him to wear, at Kohl's, there are the Sonoma performance microfiber boxer briefs, and the Equipo brazilian trunks. My bride loves them both for different reasons, and the Sonoma boxer briefs are super comfortable and last for years. The brazilian trunks bring the full package up front in a pouch, and also work on the rear end. That said, they aren't as comfortable, but once he gets used to them, they are fine. For us, the underwear we put on in the morning, gives a hint to the spouse what we would like to do in the evening, especially if it is pointed out.
"If you have any poo, fling it now."--monkey from "Madagascar"

TheTigress
King bed
Date of your marriage (past or future): July 1st, 2014

Postby TheTigress » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:59 am

To the two previous posters according to the OPs profile she got married a little over a week ago :) but I'm sure future engaged people will profit from your advice!
Together or not at all- Amy Pond

confident
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): November 15th, 1914

Postby confident » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:35 pm

I know that I'm finding this thread useful!

ledgemoor
Under the stars
Date of your marriage (past or future): May 3rd, 1982

Postby ledgemoor » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:14 am

luvmygirls wrote:If you're wondering what underwear to get for him or to ask him to wear, at Kohl's, there are ... the Equipo brazilian trunk

Thanks for the suggestion!

DW & I have a romantic getaway planned, so I ordered these as a surprise for her.
http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-122808 ... ks-men.jsp
On sale to boot.

They make me look really hung :lol:. I tend to be rather small when not aroused. I haven't worn them other than to try them on, and they feel quite comfortable. The fabric stretched over the package feels nice.

While I was at it, I ordered this for me:
http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-141987 ... womens.jsp
When she comes out of the bathroom wearing that and nothing else, I guess I won't stay unaroused long.
Everything you ever wanted in life is just outside your comfort zone (Jamie Lee Curtis)

hisprincess

Postby hisprincess » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:22 pm

I am just smiling reading this thread.... It is so amazing to read about this stuff from a godly perspective!! I can't wait to discover my husband-to-be four months from now :D

All of the suggestions are great! I had not thought about undressing each other from the wedding clothes themselves, but now I am thinking of asking him if we can do that... then maybe shower together, dress each other and have him carry me to the bed :) We have already discussed not "consummating" the first night, since we will not be on our honeymoon yet and may be tired.... Anyway, I know for me it will be so much sweeter if it is not, "okay let's get this done" but more of just discovering each other, and let it happen when it happens... Which may be the first night anyway hehe.. :oops: but at least there will be no pressure..

LifeAbundantly
Twin size
Date of your marriage (past or future): October 12th, 2014

Postby LifeAbundantly » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:43 am

Hi everyone! I'm glad people are benefiting from this thread! I've now been married over 3 months--I loved what we wore our wedding night. :-) I had a beautiful white bra and (ribbon-tied!!) lace panties and gorgeous lace robe. He wore my favorite: jeans, belt, shirt. "Unwrapping" was SO fun. We showered separately (which was great--though definitely raised anticipation!). In retrospect I think waiting a night may have been wise--we were both exhausted and starting around 11:00--but at the time we really didn't want to wait (I mean, who wants to run the risk of dying on an airplane flight the next day?! Virgin Airlines, no thanks! ;-)). Thus the actual consummating was more frustrating than otherwise for both of us--memorable but not in the way we'd have wanted! I think if we had been in a familiar place/not traveling far it would have been different, but we had driven several hours after the wedding and had to get up at six to catch a plane. Hehe, what were we thinking? Hind sight is 20/20. Thank goodness "it only gets better!"

Return to “What Do I Need to Know About Sex? (Engaged)”